gilanne07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ey guys! I'm really itching to purchase online (Amazon/Ebay) using my credit card. Dami ksi books and stuffs na di mahanap dito kungdi sa US lng.

Has anybody here in the PH tried to purchase online(internationally) and got their stuffs safely?

I ordered CD's from Amazon a couple of years back. I got them in two weeks time which is a fast enough TAT. I've been ordering CD's from different webshops (not just Amazon) since 2002 and so far, I've only experienced two instances that I didn't receive my order. For both instances, I was able to resolve the issue naman.

Amazon has always been hassle free to order from. The only problem is the local customs / post office. Best to have it shipped to someone who is going home from the US, padala nalang.

Don't know about E-bay but last i heard, Paypal is pretty much non-existent in this country.

Amazon has always been hassle free to order from. The only problem is the local customs / post office. Best to have it shipped to someone who is going home from the US, padala nalang.

Don't know about E-bay but last i heard, Paypal is pretty much non-existent in this country.

Hassle kasi yung "padala na lang" method eh. I have to wait till Christmas or if my relatives feel like sending us something. Minsan pa, pag nag request ka sa kanila ng gusto mo eh mali-mali pa ang nabibili. One time I asked for a shirt and a cologne, and they bought me a knock-off and a cheap cologne, hirap daw kasi hanapin yung gusto ko.

I'll be ordering some CDs and books at AMAZON.com, I hope i'd be getting them without any hassle.

By the way, let's say I order one CD at amazon. Would the overall cost be like 2x or even 3x more compared if bought here locally instead???

i order regularly from ebay and amazon. paypal is available in the country for buyers but not for sellers (we can pay via paypal thru a credit card but we cant accept payment via paypal if you plan to sell anything). buying from ebay and amazon is usually ok as long as you check the feedback of the seller (for ebay). the higher the feedback, the "safer" it would be to deal with this person.

it is true as what was previously said that generally, the problem lies in our local postal service. if it doesn't get "lost", you would get heavily taxed. tsamba na lang if the package goes thru and straight to your door.

if you have the item shipped via EMS, it's faster but a bit more expensive, if it's dutiable, you'd have to pick it up at their office in front of the domestic airport. if you have the item shipped via Air parcel post, it goes to your local post office.

hope this helps.

i order regularly from ebay and amazon. paypal is available in the country for buyers but not for sellers (we can pay via paypal thru a credit card but we cant accept payment via paypal if you plan to sell anything). buying from ebay and amazon is usually ok as long as you check the feedback of the seller (for ebay). the higher the feedback, the "safer" it would be to deal with this person.

it is true as what was previously said that generally, the problem lies in our local postal service. if it doesn't get "lost", you would get heavily taxed. tsamba na lang if the package goes thru and straight to your door.

if you have the item shipped via EMS, it's faster but a bit more expensive, if it's dutiable, you'd have to pick it up at their office in front of the domestic airport. if you have the item shipped via Air parcel post, it goes to your local post office.

hope this helps.

COMMENTS:

1. Amazon I dont know nobdy recommend me on this site.

Ebay -- depends of what items you are after. Better think it many times before putting your bid. It is a bind contract 3 strikes you are out. For Caucasians I think there is no problem when they put a bid on it dahil mura yung shipping nila, only few percentage are joy bidders but unlike here in Philippines, mostly (they) are not yet well educated when using or playing at ebay. Put a bid then will send private message tatawad pa. Better not use ebay nakakahiya.

2. Second sa mga puti when they bid may confidence sila dahil mostly they are collectors searching for something worth the items they are buying.

3. It is very important before putting your bid please contact the seller first regarding the shipping charges and what type it will be used? How long does it takes to be shipped here in Philippines? Do you intend to purchase insurance kung sakali takot ka nawala yung pacakge mo? When all of your questions have been answered by the seller thats the time you place the bid.

4. Always negotiate the charges first, then method of shipping. I dis agree when you used EMS you have to pick up at CMEC which is infront of Domestic airport. (Dead Wrong) if you used UPS then it will surely landed at CMEC for Postal Custom declaration. EMS is very effective and expensive because it is a door to door policy. Kahit galing pa sa US at malalaking kaon pa directso sa bahay mo. Pag UPS it is 200 percent taxable. Unless matamis yung dila mo sa mga postal customs libre lahat.

5. Always buy items on Amazon or Ebay yung talagang wala dito sa Pinas or Mabibili. Mag isip muna kayo sa may baywalk......you are buying an item which meron dito or makikta sa mga malls why bother but at ebay, cost yung shipping charges then natatakot sa Postal Customs baka mapatawan kayo ng TAXES? See the point.

Bumili kayo yung talagang wala makikita dito sa Pinas example yung mga laruan ng burger king, yung mga hello kitty ng 7-Eleven, buy something which is totaly none existence here in Philippines para ikaw yung sikat.

Good example yung jacket ni manny pacquiao ebay seeling at $50.00 then shipping at US$30.00 di ba ttal US$80.00? plus lagay sa cusotms 200.00 pesos total 4,200.00 samantal pwd ka bumili ng direct sa accel for only 1,500.00 lang di ba laking katangahan iyan pinoy yung seller pinoy din yung buyer.

Wouldn't Amazon send the items directly to my address??? Our CUSTOMS or the POST OFFICE will block it and will ask me to pick it up?! That sounds unfair.

its depends which type of postage shipping you are using, second what kind of item? then yung most imortant yung declaration sheet naka sticker sa kahon mo. Tip when there is a regristered mail for you read which postal office or are you belong. Pag nakatatak CMEC then psotal custom iyon sigurado. be polite then they will be linient to you when ask, personal na gamit ko hindi for commercial purposes. Pag manila central postal office ah wala ka problem diyan kausapin ng mabuti yung custom head Doktor siya, then sa tabi kayo mag usap slip 200 to 500 depnds sa item mo then ok na, remember to get thier cp number para next time, fried chicken, ice cream and pansit for all the 10 staff working there. No hassel. Pag Makati or Caloocan garapal mga customs doon lagay agad.

Hindi mo masisis sila dahil may dirctive order from Malacanang traget ng collection per day each postal branch must be 500 to 800K well ikaw na mag isip kung bakit waalng kaban yung pera ng pinas everybody is corrup kahit baya ng yung buwis sa iang bansa.

its depends which type of postage shipping you are using, second what kind of item? then yung most imortant yung declaration sheet naka sticker sa kahon mo. Tip when there is a regristered mail for you read which postal office or are you belong. Pag nakatatak CMEC then psotal custom iyon sigurado. be polite then they will be linient to you when ask, personal na gamit ko hindi for commercial purposes. Pag manila central postal office ah wala ka problem diyan kausapin ng mabuti yung custom head Doktor siya, then sa tabi kayo mag usap slip 200 to 500 depnds sa item mo then ok na, remember to get thier cp number para next time, fried chicken, ice cream and pansit for all the 10 staff working there. No hassel. Pag Makati or Caloocan garapal mga customs doon lagay agad.

Hindi mo masisis sila dahil may dirctive order from Malacanang traget ng collection per day each postal branch must be 500 to 800K well ikaw na mag isip kung bakit waalng kaban yung pera ng pinas everybody is corrup kahit baya ng yung buwis sa iang bansa.

Got it bro, thanks! Geesh! Iba talaga ang gobyerno natin! B) Anyway...

Wouldn't Amazon send the items directly to my address??? Our CUSTOMS or the POST OFFICE will block it and will ask me to pick it up?! That sounds unfair.

In all my experience of ordering online, most of the time it's delivered to my house. And the delivery option I chose is just air mail. I noticed though that if I ordered more than the usual (I buy four CDs most of the time to make the most of the shipping cost), my local post office would send me a notification to pick up my package and I would pay a nominal fee of 20 pesos.

I've heard some of my friends however, who say that they pick up their package at a Customs office, they'd open it and would witness the customs official punch a hole through the CD bar code.

I don't know why I'm fortunate enough not to experience that at all in my 5 years or so of online ordering.

In all my experience of ordering online, most of the time it's delivered to my house. And the delivery option I chose is just air mail. I noticed though that if I ordered more than the usual (I buy four CDs most of the time to make the most of the shipping cost), my local post office would send me a notification to pick up my package and I would pay a nominal fee of 20 pesos.

I've heard some of my friends however, who say that they pick up their package at a Customs office, they'd open it and would witness the customs official punch a hole through the CD bar code.

I don't know why I'm fortunate enough not to experience that at all in my 5 years or so of online ordering.

I really hope i'd experience convenience like you had, bro! (my motto was taken from the Dead Kennedys album: "Give me convenience or give me death")

i suggest u don't do transactions electronically....sobrang delikado kasi maraming palusot e.

Eh ang hirap naman nga kasi dito sa pinas ah there are stuffs you can't just buy locally nor even order "specially". Like sa Tower Records - I can't order a special disc if they never had it in their inventory; unless I order a bulk of it. Same goes with books at Power Books and Fully booked.

20 pesos thats 6 years ago yung rate ng storage fee ng postal customs now it is already 35.00 pesos na yung storage fee.Postal customs base on your items declaration sheet. If they found out it is not worth it for them pass na sila. For items like cellphones, t-shirt, comics books, something that is really valuable in market, they will automatically charge you taxes.

Wala ka na din magagawa sa government natin. Where in the world you can find that there is a custom storage fee? Di ba sa pinas lang?

A very good tip.......befriend those postal customs......pag kumagat kahit anu pa yung padala mo its ok.....spend some earn some , di pwd palaging libre

• 4 weeks later...

maraming magugulang sa Ebay, either bogus seller ("payment via G-cash") or bogus bidder/buyer (bidding without intending to purchase). Ako pag may binibili ako I always insist for cash-on-delivery method; wire transfer/bank deposit ok din pero you should check up on the guy if, for example, regular seller siya by contacting his/her previous successful buyers kung totoong seller sya. Ganito ko na check yung isang seller coz minsan bogus din feedback nila.

Mas madali kung seller ka. Just verify if payment has been made for the item that you're selling by a) having the buyer fax the deposit slip to ou if payment via bank deposit, or B) claiming the payment through such couriers as western union or lbc.

peace!

what about ebay? can we let them ship here in the philippines... there laptops looks good and cheap.. :)

I remember reading an article i think a year ago where we can use a temporary U.S. address for all deliveries from online sites which in turn that specific U.S. address take charge in mailing your item to your Philippine Address..

They act like a middleman...

I forgot that company...

For online purchases, amazon will give you great service. I have been ordering from amazon for the past 2 years and no problems so far. Although it is a bit more expensive. But it is secure and reliable.

There was one time where my shipment did not arrive on the date specified, so I emailed a complaint to them. They acted immediately by sending my order via expedited shipping. Got it within 3 days. The original shipment may have been lost some where. So they decided to send a replacement for my order immediately. 4 more weeks later I recieved my original order, I told amazon about it, but they told me I can keep the duplicate. With no extra charge. :)

They are really a great company. I highly recommend it.