Philipppine Playboy

TX

WTF? Thats all I can say about Playboy Philippines. I wanted to buy the first issue, cause inisip ko, baka pasara na ng simbahan, as usual. But when I saw what was inside, napamura ako, seriously. Parang nadengoy ako, it was ok for me to pay the 199 kasi nga it should have been better than Maxim or FHM. SUS.

PI naman, Buti sana kung may one nipple rule dun sa PP, eh yun cover model and the playmates of the month, it wasnt even artistic. Maria of the WWE was there? WTF, they put the one nipple rule on her.

I was talking to guy at a magazine stall in greenhills and he was saying, "Boss, hindi man FHM yan or Maxim eh, T3 lang sila." I mean, seriously, they didnt have to pay the royalties to Playboy enterprises for that magazine, cause its not Playboy.

Even the local articles were bad, yun fictionalize encouter was so corny. The guy must really fancy himself as a highbrow writer, putting those superfulous words in there but for what? The story was W-E-A-K. The Bossa article, ano ba yun?

I really want to write a letter to Playboy enterprises kasi super SUPOT ang Playboy Philippines.

WTF? Thats all I can say about Playboy Philippines. I wanted to buy the first issue, cause inisip ko, baka pasara na ng simbahan, as usual. But when I saw what was inside, napamura ako, seriously. Parang nadengoy ako, it was ok for me to pay the 199 kasi nga it should have been better than Maxim or FHM. SUS.

PI naman, Buti sana kung may one nipple rule dun sa PP, eh yun cover model and the playmates of the month, it wasnt even artistic. Maria of the WWE was there? WTF, they put the one nipple rule on her.

I was talking to guy at a magazine stall in greenhills and he was saying, "Boss, hindi man FHM yan or Maxim eh, T3 lang sila." I mean, seriously, they didnt have to pay the royalties to Playboy enterprises for that magazine, cause its not Playboy.

Even the local articles were bad, yun fictionalize encouter was so corny. The guy must really fancy himself as a highbrow writer, putting those superfulous words in there but for what? The story was W-E-A-K. The Bossa article, ano ba yun?

I really want to write a letter to Playboy enterprises kasi super SUPOT ang Playboy Philippines.

yun lang! :lol:

The inaugural edition of Playboy Philippines is a disappointment.. In terms of quality and in terms of pictures, it is way below FHM's standards or even Playhouse's, IMO.. Playhouse is more daring in their articles and even in their pictures.. FHM delivers known celebrities which makes the 125 pesos pretty worthwhile.. And to add, the first issues of FHM are way daring than this Playboy magazine wanna-be..

Although, some of the articles were nice.. Butch Dalisay's "In Praise of Older Women" is one of the articles I liked and it saved the magazine's dullness.. haha.. Chiz Escudero's interview was just like any other FHM interview and is somewhat corny, especially when Chiz was asked what he felt when he first saw his twins.. Ano yun? May teary-eyed drama event pa? hehehe..

Anyhoo, I bought the issue because I was intrigued.. Right now, I can't say much but, two thumbs down.. haha.. I did plan to buy two issues (one for collection-purposes and one to sell in the future), but right now, I think I'll pass in getting two issues.. <_<

@Gideon: To answer your queries, the ads were not many (mas madami pa nga ang FHM eh), and it featured very "decent" pictures of the cover girl, Priscilla Meirelles and 2 Pinoy Playmates.. The word baduy is an understatement.. I am telling you, Playhouse is waaaay better.. Kahit hindi pa known ang mga "Housemates" na andun.. I am not much of an UNO reader, ngunit ang feeling ko, mas maganda pa ang pictures sa UNO..

could this be the lamest playboy outside the US? :lol:

Diba dati may playboy phil na? naalala ko dati may nakita ako dito sa house pero natapon na ata, luma na siya di pa siguro ako pinapanganak nung pero sure ako may nudity siya.

Hmmm..

In the mid-80's, when pene-films were the "in" thing in Philippine cinema, bomba/bold underground magazines and comics (e.g., Tiktik comics) also sprouted out of nowhere and became a short-lived phenomenon.. One magazine, as I vividly remember, is Pinoy Playboy.. Hindi ito licensed ng US Playboy, at ito ay underground.. Kaso, malinamnam ang laman.. haha..

Pictures of Maureen Mauricio, Lampel Cojuanco, Joy Sumilang, etc. will really make a young boy's wet dream fantasy come true.. haha.. I was in elementary when I read an issue of this.. Banned sa school, but one classmate of mine was able to contraband a copy inside our school.. hahaha... Iba talaga ang mga bold stars noon.. Yum! Yum! :rolleyes:

Haay! Buti pa itong magazine na ito, di hamak na mas maganda pa ang laman kaysa sa Philippine Playboy na lisensyado pa ng Playboy US.. Nakita na kaya ni Hugh Hefner laman nito? Tsk! Tsk! :thumbsdownsmiley:

kawawa naman ang Playboy Philippines

conservatives hate it for its "reputation"

while liberals hate it for not living up to its "reputation"

:D

with the first issue, it seems Playboy Philippines tried to appease the conservatives thus utterly disappointing the liberals...

if this keeps up, there wont be a Playboy Philippines for long... B)

and funny that despite the tame content of the magazine itself, conservatives are still fuming mad about it.

"content, schmontent; it's still Playboy so it must be condemned to death" they're basically saying, whether they've actually read it or not.

with the way things are going, it will be a miracle if Playboy Philippines will still be around by December 2008.

Edited by kaboomerangle

haven't seen one lately... where can i buy it?

on second thought, with all the negative reviews here coupled with the perception that this is not the Playboy magazine that i, and the males in general, expect, why not boycott the magazine since it didn't live up to its expectations to hasten its death? :thumbsdownsmiley: