Philipppine Playboy

TX

At P199, harang!

Printing quality medyo subpar!

Playmates, are newbies as advertised!

One from Proj 6, the other from Pque.

Matanda na ako, supposedly market

nila ako...pero FHM pa rin ako!

I wholeheartedly agree. I think Playboy--be it the US edition, UK edition, etc.--had seen better days. Tapos na era niya. It's time for Hugh Hefner to pass the baton. How can it be financially successful if it (Philippine edition) will not show skin? Mas may class pa yung mga chickas sa UNO. Beting Dolor wake up to reality! Forget the high-brow spin. Mas okay pa Pinoy Playhouse. FHM is improving by the way. I will buy this month's issue.

Edited by grappelli
In one interview, the EIC of Playboy Philippines said that they will show just one nipple when asked as to how daring PP will go. Well, if it would be the nipple of KC Concepcion, Bea Alonzo, Angel Locsin, Rhian Ramos, Angelica Panganiban, Shaina Magdayao--ayos lang!

if they can "land" them that is... :D

how was the pics inside?

So so (no pun intended) lang. May photo ni Marissa Delgado (nung bata-bata pa siya) pero malabo.

I guess Playboy would eventually wind up competing with FHM, Maxim, and UNO for gals deserving to be cover girls of men's mags. And these three mags might even beat it to it. Medyo "mabigat" ang dating ng word na Playboy; maski gusto nina Assunta, Katrina, Jennylyn mag-pose ng hubad magda-dalawang isip kasi Playboy nga, mainit sa tenga ng mga moralista. Baka nga makalusot pa ang FHM and Maxim kung doon magpo-pose ng todo-bold sina Katrina et al.

No-win siutation ang Playboy Philippines because of its self-imposed censorship. So what if it has Palanca award-winning writers on its roster? FHM, Maxim, and UNO could commission top-flight writers, too. Interviews with celebrities kaya rin ng FHM et al. So how will it be different from the "laddies" mags?

Edited by grappelli

yun na nga hindi ko maintindihan. press release pa lang,

defensive na agad sila. you can't spin playboy and highlight

your palanca writers/columnists. like manginginig ako aching

to read what they'll write in their next month's columns and essays.

the great butch dalisay and krip yuson, nagsusulat na mga yan

sa mga diyaryo, may mga libro na rin.

they talk about offending the church like they're admitting the

format of the legendary playboy's trashy and immoral. when the church

and the so-called morality police ng bayan na ito naman talk about

moral degradation ginagawa tayong manyakis. e defensible naman ang

nudity. freedom of expression and the press (for sex-related stories)uphold

these rights.

hay...basta. sisilipin ko na lang ang susunod na kopya sa kung sino

mang magkamaling bumili nito ulit. everything about it, lalo na presyo

at quality ng printing olats na. :thumbsdownsmiley:

So so (no pun intended) lang. May photo ni Marissa Delgado (nung bata-bata pa siya) pero malabo.

I guess Playboy would eventually wind up competing with FHM, Maxim, and UNO for gals deserving to be cover girls of men's mags. And these three mags might even beat it to it. Medyo "mabigat" ang dating ng word na Playboy; maski gusto nina Assunta, Katrina, Jennylyn mag-pose ng hubad magda-dalawang isip kasi Playboy nga, mainit sa tenga ng mga moralista. Baka nga makalusot pa ang FHM and Maxim kung doon magpo-pose ng todo-bold sina Katrina et al.

No-win siutation ang Playboy Philippines because of its self-imposed censorship. So what if it has Palanca award-winning writers on its roster? FHM, Maxim, and UNO could commission top-flight writers, too. Interviews with celebrities kaya rin ng FHM et al. So how will it be different from the "laddies" mags?

from the cover pa lang parang di playboy eh...

Walanjo, mukhang olats ito ah. Natsambahan ko lang ito sa Robinsons Manila at last copy pa kasi dun sa mga usual na malls na pinupuntahan ko eh wala tas olats pala. Kaya nga ako bumili nito dahil PLAYBOY ito tas base sa mga feedback dito eh sub par ang quality. :( Nga pala, blue yung background ng nabili ko, hindi ko pa nga binubuksan kasi balak kong magtabi ng isang separate na kopya. Any of you guys can tell me kung san makakabili nung "red edition"?

Nabigla na lang ako minsan ng mapanood ko sa tv na launching na pala nito, kung nalaman ko lang eh sana nakapagfile ako ng leave at ng nakaatend ako at nakbili ng kopya at nakapagpasign. Any news kung may appearances pa yung cover girl? Btw, sino sino ang mga nasa loob na models? I mean yung mga local talents lang, hindi ko pa kasi binubuksan yung kopya ko habang hindi pa ako nakakabili ng "reading copy" ko. Thanks.

Walanjo, mukhang olats ito ah. Natsambahan ko lang ito sa Robinsons Manila at last copy pa kasi dun sa mga usual na malls na pinupuntahan ko eh wala tas olats pala. Kaya nga ako bumili nito dahil PLAYBOY ito tas base sa mga feedback dito eh sub par ang quality. :( Nga pala, blue yung background ng nabili ko, hindi ko pa nga binubuksan kasi balak kong magtabi ng isang separate na kopya. Any of you guys can tell me kung san makakabili nung "red edition"?

Nabigla na lang ako minsan ng mapanood ko sa tv na launching na pala nito, kung nalaman ko lang eh sana nakapagfile ako ng leave at ng nakaatend ako at nakbili ng kopya at nakapagpasign. Any news kung may appearances pa yung cover girl? Btw, sino sino ang mga nasa loob na models? I mean yung mga local talents lang, hindi ko pa kasi binubuksan yung kopya ko habang hindi pa ako nakakabili ng "reading copy" ko. Thanks.

just read the mag dude. :)

then its up to u whether u support it or not.

just finished reading my copy... and all i can say is that it's not worth the title "PLAYBOY"... :thumbsdownsmiley:

i'm hoping that the next issue would be better but i'm not going to hold my breath for it.

Ok, how are the quality of the pics compared to UNO???

How many babes where inside???

Mas marami bang ads compared sa mismong laman???

The inaugural edition of Playboy Philippines is a disappointment.. In terms of quality and in terms of pictures, it is way below FHM's standards or even Playhouse's, IMO.. Playhouse is more daring in their articles and even in their pictures.. FHM delivers known celebrities which makes the 125 pesos pretty worthwhile.. And to add, the first issues of FHM are way daring than this Playboy magazine wanna-be..

Although, some of the articles were nice.. Butch Dalisay's "In Praise of Older Women" is one of the articles I liked and it saved the magazine's dullness.. haha.. Chiz Escudero's interview was just like any other FHM interview and is somewhat corny, especially when Chiz was asked what he felt when he first saw his twins.. Ano yun? May teary-eyed drama event pa? hehehe..

Anyhoo, I bought the issue because I was intrigued.. Right now, I can't say much but, two thumbs down.. haha.. I did plan to buy two issues (one for collection-purposes and one to sell in the future), but right now, I think I'll pass in getting two issues.. <_<

@Gideon: To answer your queries, the ads were not many (mas madami pa nga ang FHM eh), and it featured very "decent" pictures of the cover girl, Priscilla Meirelles and 2 Pinoy Playmates.. The word baduy is an understatement.. I am telling you, Playhouse is waaaay better.. Kahit hindi pa known ang mga "Housemates" na andun.. I am not much of an UNO reader, ngunit ang feeling ko, mas maganda pa ang pictures sa UNO..

^ Just to add, maganda din naman yung pinakita ang mga past Pinays that have posed in Playboy.. It had their pics - taken from their old pictorials in Playboy (wala yung kay Tetchie) but still they were pretty tame.. Hindi man tatayuan ang mga balahibo natin.. har har!!!

Edited by revi