Concerts

bluechips

so i'm kind of tired because of back to back shows so short notes lang sa mga napuntahan ko hahaha

BAMBAM - AREA52 in Manila

May be an image of text that says '2023-202 BAMBAM THE 1ST WORLD TOUR AREASE IN MANILA SMART ARANETA COLISEUM 19:00 2023. 22 [FRI] Ξaι Bam SPECIAL GUEST SANDARA PARK ÛGUES DREAMNOTE VIP 12,000PHP CAT 9,000PHP CAT 2 6,000PHP CAT 4,000PHP TICKETNET.COM.PH ABYSS SOoRiMC ONLINE'

probably the most intimate member from GOT7. his show was short (but good) and a special appearance from Sandara Park performing 2NE1 song and some of her old and new tracks is a win. Bambam's love for his fans is very organic. walang arteng halo. even through the hi touch even, he went an extra mile to spend a bit more time for each fan in the interaction making it even a handshake rather than the hifive one.

TAECYEON - SpecialTY in Manila

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'TAECYEON IN MANILA SpecialTY 2023 OK TAECY EON ASIA FANMEETING 09.23(SAT) 6PM NEW FRONTIER THEATER TICKETS LABL VIA TICKETNET TLETS NATION OR THRU 2PM W.TICKETNET.COM.PH PRESENTEDBY 5k PULP'

another show where the artist doesn't seem to be mechanical. fans are given such love from the artist and got their moments. i wish 2PM comes back to Manila though.

TWICE - 5th World Tour <Ready To Be> in Bulacan

FyzheDgaYAAfzUl.jpeg.71bba0163fb2c8063e46519b59b7b9c3.jpeg

where should i start? uhm.. yeah.. venue sucks..

on a humid saturday, no establishments near the venue. food pavilion is jam packed with people and you won't find any seat available. you'll have to settle on the pavement to eat your food that is bought from there.

the only place where you can stay comfortably is inside your vehicle. if you don't have one, then good luck looking for a good spot on the venue. 

Artist: one of the biggest Korean act today. with so many hits to perform and so many fan favorites to choose from, i gotta say they underdelivered. especially on the encore part. i will say this as a TWICE fan who watched Twicelights back in 2019. man, the setlist on this one is underwhelming. their all time hits got merged into just one medley and they perform more on new tracks. even their song TT got forgotten haha. the biggest downer is definitely the encore. majority B-sides and most fans on the show doesn't know the song and can't sing along. even the final song HOT just started and no one on my area knows the song and that's it. oh well. it is what it is. it was also visible that Mina is uncomfortable throughout the show and she's not smiling during majority of performances. on the bright side, it became a two woman show. Jihyo which carries the show with her amazing vocals despite the shitty tech department and Dahyun who just like 2019, shown her charisma by trying to please the crowd by using some Filipino words. so in summary, the parts i enjoyed the most is the medley part of their hits and Nayeon's POP. everybody loves POP. of course i'll love it. funny that POP has so many confetti parts but the end of the show doesn't have one. really such a downer.

Stage + Tech: the stage is fine (not game changing level, i'll still give NCT DREAM and some other artists that honor). large LED. some moving parts here and there. it's just big and somewhat lacking on some parts tbh (i've watched enough shows to comment on this). but god damn the tech sucks (I watched on Day 1). the main vocalist's mic is effed up on her signature part of the show. haha! funny moment. 

Overall: 5 out of 10. won't even crack my top 15 shows this year. maybe i expected so much from them. well it is just my opinion. i hope the other ONCEs had a good time. i am a follower of this group and it pains me to give them a rating like this. but i am just being honest on my experience (and some of my friends). on another bright side, Kim Sejeong's (actress from Business Proposal drama) concert the next day is fantastic. but that's a story for another day.

hahaha! sorry for the long post (slighty a bit of rant).

• 4 weeks later...

Sharing my back-to-back week of back-to-back concerts (Oct. 14 and 15 / Oct. 21 and 22) experience

probably my best  2 week stretch for any concert going ever. i will probably a bit biased here because it is both a nostalgia act for me.

A1 - Twenty Five in Manila

21784349fef34d68c52e99638623ea99.jpeg.38b188db4978781a3bac5b971704eb6b.jpeg

Experience: their setlist on their concert was on-point. all the hits from their 25 year long career. only played one new song (good for nostalgia acts). hyped from beginning to end. will watch A1 again when they return. still my favorite boyband from my childhood. solid performances. love their music then. still love their music now.

The Corrs - Live in Manila 2023

2023_THE-CORRS_PULPph-V031623_Mobile-Header-500x469px.jpg.379daa56454c6f76fb6a406ebb810882.jpg

Experience: missing some of their famous hits here in the PH (All The Love in the World, At Your Side, Would You Be Happier, Angel) but god damn they're still my favorite act to this date. This is my first time watching them (I am still a kid back when they last visit the PH) and they did not disappoint. the nostalgia really hits different with this one. their songs are go-to Karaoke songs of everyone so hearing them sing So Young made me sing along too. I still remember the energy. Hearing my all time fave song Runaway definitely hits different. event Andrea (the vocalist) teared up when listening to PH fans singing along with the song. oh, this is my first time losing my voice in a long time after a show coz of me singing Breathless til my throat can't handle it anymore. this one in my book is my favorite concert EVER. the nostalgia. the music. the feeling.

Kpop acts and new acts still have no nostalgia factor to me which definitely removes another layer of experience. nostalgia acts on the other hand is different. made me start reminiscing how easy life is back when we are So Young (pun intended). it's a feeling worth feeling. it made concert going more special. it is not about just music. it is about us, growing up and seeing our young self again. seeing our innocence and just enjoying music.

The Corrs' music is still on my playlist more than one week after the show. 

Cheers to us concert goers. listening to music players is great. but listening to our faves' music live is definitely an experience like no other. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Itzy Checkmate D2 [MOA Arena] - first kpop concert i attended and thoroughly enjoyed

Twice Ready to be D1 [Philippine Arena] - venue so large, you can't see shit unless VIP, amoy feeds sa labas, no establishments, and parking is ample but way too far. Hope it improves in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...