105 replies to this topic

#81 jjfront

jjfront

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

In terms of manufacturing, China is well developed na. They can produce practivlly anything at any price!

The problem is the "any price" thing. A consumer products company can go to China, find a manufactured and ask them to manufacture a certain product at any price. Due to the pressures of competition and cut-throat pricing, these companies put pressure on the Chinese manufacturers to come up with cheaper products.

Of course you get what you pay for, di ba? Kaya ayun, puro palpak produkto kasi nga yun ang terms ng kompanya na nagpagawa nga produkto. So kung tutuusin, the companies who sells the products are to blame. Cutting corners kasi sila sa quality just to come up with cheap products.

But if the company is willing to spend for quality products, China can also manufacture great quality products! Just look at iPods for example. Soem of the best products also come from China. In terms of quality, from the best products to the worst products... China can maufacture it! Its just a matter of how much are you willing to spend!

When it comes to cars, Chery QQ is actually a breakthrough. They are still trying to penetrate the market. Local market at first, kaya ginawa nilang mura yung kotse para kagat agad mga middle income consumers. Di ba ganun din ang Toyota (Daihatsu), Kia and Hyundai when they were still starting out?

So expect great things from these Chinese manufacturers pag nag mature na yung kompanya nila.

Just my opinion.

#82 buchike

buchike

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:26 AM

tska d naman pure na chinese tlga ung components ng sakyan kc ung iba parts eh japan din gaya ng AC units ng mga sakyan eh sanden din tpos ang design nila eh european pattern at designers din daw ang nagawa nkausap me kc ang sales agent nila...meron pa nga prang BEMER ang dating ng kambyo...

#83 cyrus08

cyrus08

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

tska d naman pure na chinese tlga ung components ng sakyan kc ung iba parts eh japan din gaya ng AC units ng mga sakyan eh sanden din tpos ang design nila eh european pattern at designers din daw ang nagawa nkausap me kc ang sales agent nila...meron pa nga prang BEMER ang dating ng kambyo...

are you driving a china-made vehicle? my cousin kase is planning to buy one.

#84 ricoyan

ricoyan

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

are you driving a china-made vehicle? my cousin kase is planning to buy one.

Mag 2nd hand HONDA or TOYOTA na lang. More parts and SAFER. May resale value pa.

#85 madz_raymund

madz_raymund

speed freak

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Cars, guns, photography.. these are may main hobbies from most to least..

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

napanod ko dati, can't remember kung san pero crash test ng china sobrang bagsak sa tests... ipit na ipit ung dummy, useless un airbag at kung ano pang safety sabi nila.. sa youtube ata o news..

#86 jetlag143

jetlag143

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

we tested 1 china made car, the small one, we were immediately dismayed coz the doors took a hard time closing, we had to slam it to close any of the doors....

#87 ricoyan

ricoyan

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

napanod ko dati, can't remember kung san pero crash test ng china sobrang bagsak sa tests... ipit na ipit ung dummy, useless un airbag at kung ano pang safety sabi nila.. sa youtube ata o news..

CHERY A5 Crash Test at 50KpH (normal Edsa speed), the driver has 99.6% chance of DYING.

Edited by ricoyan, 28 September 2008 - 02:02 AM.

#88 maki

maki

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

still needs improvement on quality and safety, but under 350k you have a 4 wheel car. :D

#89 sundotkalikot

sundotkalikot

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:23 AM

china imports are rolling coffins

#90 k_i_n_g_s_8_1

k_i_n_g_s_8_1

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

katakot basta china may phobia ako bka may melamine hehehe

#91 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

katakot basta china may phobia ako bka may melamine hehehe

Very astute statement. I invite you to enlighten us some more with your intellect.

#92 ricoyan

ricoyan

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

Posted Image
A QQ wreck at just 40KpH. That's normal EDSA speed.Chery owners should tighten up their seatbelts.

#93 Juan1

Juan1

la mia piccola automobile

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

Nice info/pics there. Kaya beware sa Chery owners.

Though maganda ang interiors niya, a friend used to have one pero pinalitan na niya ng Yaris. Tumatakbo ng 140 kms without a sweat. Exact replica ng Matiz ang Chery.

Notably, the Matiz was at the center of a 2006 international intellectual property rights controversy, its design allegedly copied outright by Chinese manufacturer Chery's QQ. Also marketed in China as the Chevrolet Spark, the Matiz has been at the center of an industrial rights controversy ever since a very similar car, the Chery QQ, had been introduced by local manufacturer Chery Automobile.

GM sued Chery, alleging piracy of the Spark design,
[1] and proving the extent of the copy in that the doors of the Chery car and Chevrolet Spark were completely interchangeable.
[2] GM China Group indicated the two vehicles "shared remarkably identical body structure, exterior design, interior design and key components." MotorAuthority.com called the QQ a "carbon copy." [3] The International Herald Tribune in a 2005 article, referred to the QQ as a clone.
[4] Putting the controversy in important context, the Detroit News reported that "the dispute reflects the confusion, risks and ambitions in China's new auto industry, where global carmakers are battling pugnacious upstarts for a piece of what may become the world's largest auto market."

- Wikepedia

#94 ricoyan

ricoyan

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image
A collision at 40KpH would give the driver a 95% chance of serious injury or DEATH.

#95 267bill

267bill

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:Some of my main interests are. cars i'm looking at building a 4G63 . thats Mitsubishi, also Jaguars, and 4x4s i like the site alot!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:15 AM

Tata has bought jaguar from ford. So tata will be gaining all of that technology from ford; India is moving up quickly now it seems.

#96 myfreeride

myfreeride

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

I think TATA tried or did put up a plant in Pangasinan during Ramos' time. I remember my brod's company was involved in the nego. He was given a TATA diesel SUV with a mercedez-benz engine. He used it for a year and sold it to a nun congregation.

#97 alcruz

alcruz

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

tread slowly, i don't think that such cars can compare to japanese or korean cars yet in terms of safety and quality. you might be throwing away your money

#98 bigpoppapomp

bigpoppapomp

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

tread slowly, i don't think that such cars can compare to japanese or korean cars yet in terms of safety and quality. you might be throwing away your money

+1 B)

#99 chuckE

chuckE

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:43 AM

Cheap copies of American and Japanese cars. They are still not approved to be sold here in the US. Safety,emissions and mileage issues.

#100 iskurokutoy

iskurokutoy

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

the QQ looks better imo :) or the smart car! lol

QQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users