What Do You Talk About On Your First Date?

It depends.

Blind date:

- I may have a few scripted plans for different scenarios. However, I usually let it fly spontaneously and be myself. So far, none of my blind dates ended on that one date.

- Try to fish for something to talk about. I ask questions and just listen. My biggest assets---I'm a listener, I keep eye contact at all times, and smile a little bit but not too much.

- If I can feel that the date will be the first and last because we do not click at all, we may not talk much about anything. (Why the hell am I doing here? I've got to stop letting people set me like this. I will k*ll the person who set me up.) :thumbsdownsmiley:

First date with someone I kind of know:

- Same tactics as above though much relaxed. Friendship is my first goal; get to know the girl more beyond what I already know. Hobbies, families, about their friends, and most of all about themselves are always excellent topics. I make sure the girl feels at ease with me and sense that I’m interested in really knowing about her. B)

its always better if you at least have an inkling on your date's interest... kung wala... well... why not make it the topic of your conversation... you could probably try checking if your interests are the same as the other, or something like that =)

oh, and it may also help not to think too much about everything being a date... talk casually... marami namang pwedeng maging topic sa mundo diba? kung wala talaga, try doing something which would not require you to talk much... like watching movies or watching live band performances...

what ever the case, always remember to keep your ears open. hindi lang ikaw ang gustong magpakilala =)

The usual "probing" type of questions such as interests, hobbies, mutual friends (if any), etc. Basically, all the questions that you typically ask to know the other person more and vice versa.

Pero, as much as possible, I do some research about her before the first date para hindi naman maging boring ang usapan namin.

Hmm...it depends with whom I dated. Usually we talked about ourselves and be familiarize with some personal info's. We can talk anything under the sun but I prefered a guy who initiates a topic with sense in which we can exchange point of views and at least learn something about it. A guy with less talks,senseless talks and exagerated talks usually end up in just one date :D. I also prefer a date with guys with broadminded coz I enjoyed listening and talking with them and surely the date will not be boring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
her

i think it's safe to talk about HER and get to know HER. if she reciprocates it's a good sign.

safe date ideas i think would be:

how many brothers and sisters do you have?

what do you do for fun?

common friends

hometown

compliment her clothes

break the touch barrier (without being a perv :thumbsupsmiley: )

make her smile with a very funny joke

or a very corny joke

let her see you in your element ( do or show something you're good at without being mayabang )

learn a magic trick ( this one is reallt good )

goodluck!