40 Something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

owww hihintayin ko pa 22years bago ko mag 40 hahaha

goodevening to the room owner :)

Good evening din. :D

Here's what I've been doing since I turned 40 to slow down aging :D :D

-- Resigned as executive and restarted career as a staff ; as result, work is easier / less stressful

-- Working smart and paying for the house but not forgetting to have a good time every now and then (maybe once a month!).

-- Bonding with younger people to stay bagets and updated on technology

-- Working out / gym at least once a month / keeping body in shape

-- Growing my hair longer ala Josh Hartnett of Penny Dreadful

-- Listening to Cueshe and the like :D :D

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...

Nowadays, "over 40" is a style and not an age group. A gentleman in his 40s looks and acts younger than those in previous generations, and his fashion style should be as individual and distinctive as he is.

This is a vital and energetic time of life, and a man who embraces it will want to look as good as he can. Hot and trendy fads are better left to the 20-something; the man in his 40s will realize he looks good in styles that reflect his confidence and abilities both in his career and in his free time activities.

His fashion sense begins with his hairstyle. Is he sporting a long straggly ponytail or shaggy beard? Combing thinning hair over a bald spot? Today's fashionable 40-something man should wear his hair in a flattering style that doesn't try to hide his age, accepting that it is what it is. He will pay attention to details and eliminate stray neck and ear hairs, and extremely bushy eyebrows. He will find a lightweight product that will make his hair manageable without stiffness or greasiness.

The over 40 man will need to shop for clothes that are appropriate for his lifestyle. If he works in an office, he should find coordinates that he can put together to look successful and savvy. Shirts that have clean, sharp lines and wash well will give him a definite edge. Pants should not fit too tight or too baggy, but just give a straight lengthening line. A good belt, and especially some well-made, good fitting shoes kept neat and clean will give his image an added boost.

If he plays sports, his wardrobe should include shirts and pants appropriate to the activity and that wear well and look good too. No paint spattered t-shirts and tight fitting jeans, no shapeless sweats and torn knees, as these are better left behind as part of his youth. Pants should have enough rise to stay above the hips where they belong. You can get away with wearing the 'girl-attractive' hipster pants if and only if you have a 'to-die-for-abs.' Shoes that are kept neat and odor free are extremely important!

For evenings, he must include in his closet a few pieces that enhance his sexiness and show his woman that he cares enough for her to dress to impress her.

Fashion advice should be tailored to each individual. Today's 40 something man should find and use a wardrobe advisor who will steer him to the right clothes for his own body, a stylist who will provide the best advice on hairstyle and a good friend who will tell him what areas might need more attention.

People used to say the clothes make the man, but today it's the whole package clothes, hair, shoes, accessories, and of course the 'attitude.' The savvy guy learns and adapts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 44 and I'd like to think that I don't look bad. I'm also relatively in shape with no health issues. I was in worse shape when I was in my mid 30's when I was overweight bordering on obese. I shaped up, went to the gym and lost 40 lbs. However, aches and pains do crop up. I get the occasional lower back pain and my eyesight is getting worse everyday.

Lahat tayo tatanda at wala tayong magagawa. But we can delay it by living a healthy lifestyle and having a positive attitude :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am 42 ... turning 43 in September.

Yes, my BODY needs some toning BUT I am MORE mature, SEXperienced and KNOW what/who I want/need.

Still sometimes ... we GIVE in to certain things. We DO stupid things or FALL when we said we wouldnt AGAIN ... your galpals just roll their eyes or give you a LECTURE.

This is the AGE range where you can DO what you WANT ... or SHOULD at least TRY!

It's the PERFECT age to be FOOLISH yet RESPONSIBLE. :P

post-50365-0-46625600-1457874512_thumb.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Your body doesn't recover as fast - dati, ma-lasing ka, isang tulog lang, okay ka na. Now it takes two days to recover.

You think more of yourself, but not in a selfish way e.g. you care less about what others think, you take care of yourself a little more (avoid stress, exercise more).

You become more introspective.

You grow more white hair (but that's not a bad thing...I'd like to call it "character") or you lose more hair, haha.

For some reason, in terms of physical exercise, it seems my endurance is getting better. When I was 30, I could barely run 5k. Now in my 40s I could easily do 5k runs on a daily basis.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...