What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

I noticed that there is a thread about Beatles, Elvis and Eminem but none about Filipino musicians.

Eraserheads, Parokya ni Edgar, True Faith, River Maya, kahit Aegis at Juan de la Cruz Band noong noon.

Let's talk about pinoy bands and their music.

Edited by joeyjay
  • Like (+1) 2

sa mga alternative and indie freaks jan, i suggest u try listening to these

pinoybands... urbandove, sponge cola, dicta liscense...

maybe some of you have heard them play already, but to those who have not, u

can hear their songs at nu or watch out for their gigs para malaman nyo ang tunay

na galing ng mga pinoybands na to :D

there is this one band na minsan ko lang narinig nagperform but they relaly caught my fancy..... band name is "Ispirikitik" grabe!! galing ng rendition nila ng BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY!!!

hey... I once saw this band nga.... nakakatawa sila. they performed before the show of DULCE... sa southern bulls (?)

ok nga yung BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.

Its good that a thread like tghis exists! There's alos a musician's thread in the Groups forum of mtc for thos who mught be interested.

Anyway, Its Juan dela Cruz for me! I recently got a copy of tehir old albums and its a balst to hear them again!

The sound is very raw and the production is of low quality but what gets to me the most is that these guys were just in their early 20's when they came with such song as Balong malalim, Rock n Roll sa Highway, Beep Beep Beep!

Its just sad that Pepe got caught up in the whirlwind tug of drugs. Who knows, maybe they would not have disbanded and maybe even created better songs too!

On the other hand, I had the chance to interact with both Pido of Pido and Take One he's one great guy! Magaling na gitarista at mahusay na tao!

:D