40 Something

It's just a number

It may be a number but the aches and pains, failing eyesight, and greater difficulty in healing sure are real. Sabagay, I'm past my 40's so those in their 30's can look forward to their 40s without much change except reading glasses may be a part of one's everyday apparel.

Edited by sonnyt111
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll second that. 40 is just a number.

You still feel the same. Look the same.

Hopefully you have matured a bit ~

I like being 40ish.

Am looking forward to 60

- want that coveted senior citizen's card.

Imagine.. 20% off food and free movies.

AGREE. Me, too, looking forward to SC card... to avail even a little of the huge taxes the govt is taking from us.

AGREE. Me, too, looking forward to SC card... to avail even a little of the huge taxes the govt is taking from us.

Not me. I dread being called a senior citizen even if it means being entitled to savings in the form of free movies, discounts, etc. I'd trade in 10 years of my life in exchange for all those small freebies that a senior citizen is entitled to. Then again, time marches on and it's not like I have a choice. Turning 60 is inevitable so I might as well accept this as a part of life and enjoy whatever privileges I'm entitled to.

That doesn't mean that I look forward to it though.

I'll second that. 40 is just a number.

You still feel the same. Look the same.

Hopefully you have matured a bit ~

I like being 40ish.

Am looking forward to 60

- want that coveted senior citizen's card.

Imagine.. 20% off food and free movies.

I suppose those in their 40's look forward to becoming senior citizens because they know they have a long time to go before hitting that coveted age. But for those in their late 50's the prospect of turning 60 is a bit scary.

I suppose those in their 40's look forward to becoming senior citizens because they know they have a long time to go before hitting that coveted age. But for those in their late 50's the prospect of turning 60 is a bit scary.

Talaga sir? My former boss, when he was 58 yrs old, i remember him always excited in reaching his senior year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still in my 30's approaching 40 but I've already been wearing glasses everyday for a long time. I do not have much health problems though. I'm not looking forward to becoming 40, and I still can't imagine myself reaching that age. How did you guys feel when you just turned 40?

Guys in their 40s don't have to worry except getting tired faster, developing some white hair, longing for the days when you were 20.

Guys in their 50s need to contend with andropause (the male counterpart of menopause). With andropause, one gets these really hot flashes even in very cold room. It's happened to me. I was feeling cold one second, and the next, I was perspiring and felt really hot. I had to fan myself (aside from the air conditioner which was on) but this feeling lasts only a couple of minutes, thankfully.

The joys of getting old.....

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...