The Mazda Lovers Thread

Good afternoon everyone. I wonder if the people here would give their comments and/or opinions to the Mazda 3. Its one of those cars that I am seriously considering. How's the ride? I heard that it was "under-powered" (whatever that means). Is this true? It seems to be a popular choice in terms of its looks. But what about its performance? Also, when I inquired about it, I was told by one of the sales people that there was a three (3) month wait. Is this indicative of the number of people who have decided to pruchase the Mazda 3?

Would apprecitate your insights.

Thanks.

for your information about the M3, the 1600 has 2 versions the S and V. but for both models, the hore power rating is about 105. what makes the car seem underpowered is the fact that its weight is about 1400 kg more or less compared to the other cars in its segment (weight ranges from 1100 to 1250 kg) so the pulling power is less. but what makes up for its seeming low power is the sportronic transmission which allows the driver to shift gear while travelling without to step on the gas. its just like driving the manual.

as for the ride, the M3 is somewhat stiff because of its racing configuration but then again it hogs the the road better compared to the altis.

as for the other car features (seats, interior, etc), i believe it is better compared to the other models in its class.

Mazda 3 really looks great! No other sedan in its class came up with this sporty looks here in the Manila. The car really strikes hard when you see it. The 1.6L though doesn't give as much power as civic. Fuel consumption is actually on normal consumption in it's class. If you are not to race it go get one. The 5 door gives a great look specially if front grill will be changed to the sporty look like what mod is used on civics. Though the M3's weight is a little heavy compared to rivals but very spacious. Great legroom!

honda civics are indeed powerful. especially those with vtec engine. The Mazda 3 indeed looks heavy but the 5 door hatchback really looks good. If you are looking for power, you may opt for the 2.0 DOHC variant of the Mazda 3. Power is comparable to Honda SIR but the only downfall is that a stick is lacking in the middle of the car. A/T 2.0 DOHC isn't as powerful as a M/T 2.0 DOHC. I guess it would be more appropriate if i will compare it to the 2.0 DOHC Vtec A/T that was release a year back.

The 2.0 DOHC M3 costs around 940K. The difference you get is the engine. The projector headlights. the altezza tails. THe skirt. The 17s rims. The zero lift spoiler. The sun-moon roof and the different grill design.

sayang lang kasi the 2.0 DOHC is only for the sedan design. wala pa sa 5 door hatchback...

Bagong labas ng Mazda 6 2006! overall standing may laban daw!

yes sir! i just visited the showroom of mazda yesterday and saw the m6. ang laki ng change ng features from the previous m6. these include the following:

1. engine from 2.0 to 2.3L

2. transmission from the regular automatic to the sportronic type so pwede na mag manual shifting.

3. mags size from 16 ata to 17

4. sound system

5. interior styling is definitely good.

6. external appearance is also very appealing (parang volvo (s40 series) ang itsura, sporty talaga.

in my own opinion it is definitely better than then honda accord

the Mazda MPS is coming to Australia this month or next, better than the original Mazda 6

contains:

Engine

Type: 2.3 litre DISI (Direct Injection Spark Ignition) Turbo

Max power: 190kW @ 6,000rpm

Max torque: 380Nm @ 3,000rpm

thats roughly 254 Horse Power in old terms...the Mazda 6 Sports Edition is only 120Kws...

Drive & Transmission

Drive Type: Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive System

Transmission Type: 6-speed manual

Differential: Limited slip rear differential

Stability system: Dynamic Stability Control

Brakes

Front & rear: Large diameter disc brakes with ABS, EBD and Brake Assist

Interior & exterior

Interior features:

Semi-bucket sports front seats

Alloy pedals

6-disc, in-dash CD player

Brushed titanium interior highlights

Front, front side and curtain airbags

Exterior features:

High performance sports body kit

Flared side skirts

HID Xenon headlamps

Dual exhaust

Front fog lamps

Tyres & wheels:

Tyres - front & rear 215/45R18 93Y

Wheels - front & rear 18 x 7.0 alloy wheels

Performance:

Acceleration from 0-100 km/h: 6.6 seconds

(Under Mazda test conditions)

Acceleration from 80-120 km/h: 5.3 seconds

(Under Mazda test conditions)

Top speed of 240km/h

http://www.mazda.com.au/articles/images/m6mpspkg_exterior.jpg

• 1 month later...

Test driven both the Accord & Mazda6 2.3L.

In my opinion, the Mazda6 2.3L is a better car overall. Lots of goodies to play with (HID, sunroof, etc.). Ride is quite good for something with 17" low-profile tires. Handling is superb - almost at par with European sedans and way above other Japanese sedans.

• 1 month later...

dude you can't go wrong with the mazda 3. i should know, i got one! hehehe. seriously, imo best value for money yung 1.6l. Each car has its own advantages and down side depending on each owner's taste and your objective in getting the car. for me the downside is that the backseat is less romy than my mazda familia and it does not come in manual transmission because they offer the a/t with activematic.

go to your nearest mazda dealer, so you can have a better feel and then compare it with other cars. if it's to your liking then pa-reserve ka na! mahaba pa rin pila sa 1.6l model nila.

Don't let the 105ps rating fool you. the engine has a enough torque for a 1.6l and a great gear ratio. you get the horsepower from the engine torque. in short, even in a heavier body (compared to the altis, civic, lancer, sentra and optra) it can keep up with the competition and even surpass them in long highways kasi yung 1.6l di umaayaw yung makina basta tapakan mo lang ng tapakan accelerator. there are those who claimed to have taken their 1.6l up to 205 kph. my personal experience so far is only up to 180 kph (NLEX-slowed down coz may nakita akong highway patrol from afar). Sa arangkada medyo mabagal kasi matic e. iba talaga ang manual kung arangkadahan. that's why the m3 is not for drag race or short sprints. for short sprints palaban pa din naman, just keep your engine working at higher rev ranges. kung may manual na m3 dito ibang usapan yon.

good luck! :D

Regarding sa mazda 3. Wait muna kayo after two years to three years. Remember yung mga mazda dati konti na lng makikita mo sa kalsada. 323, 626, astina. ang ok lng yung miata.

Ang reklamo sa mazda yung makina nila. Ford na mayari ng mazda. The same with Ford. Ang mahal ng ford pag brand new pero mura pag

second hand.

So waiting game muna sa mazda kung ok tlga or maporma lng labas.

Kung atat na kayo bumili Mas ok sympre honda or toyota.

Pag toyota mag rav 4 kayo. kahit second hand mahal pa din. yung innova pang family. sa honda yung jazz.

Dont be blinded sa porma. Pag sa car yung name ng company check nyo. Kahit taxi wla na ako makita na mazda 323.

per se, hindi mas-ok ang toyota o honda sa mazda. actually, masgumanda nga ang mazda nung hinawak na sila ng ford. ang mazda3 ay naging top compact sa mga car mags at sites. ang mazda6 ang unang tumaob sa accord sa mid-size class sa ratings. problema kasi dito sa pinas ang akala ng mga tao toyota and honda lang ang mahusay na kotse. kung ganun, bakit ang takaw sa gasolina ang bagong cr-v? bakit walang bumili ng toyota echo?