The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

I totally agree with you on this.. If you guys want to go fast and claim yourself the best.. drive in on the track.

i wish all those who passed away, or maybe lost special people due to reckless street driving can post here and tell their story.  i am sure there were far many than all of us combined.

perhaps, we can all stop encourage everyone else from bragging about their road antics.

i just want to remind everyone that many people out there would want to be in our shoes driving those expensive, high speed and luxury rides.  risking losing all those, our lives and those that we endanger is not worth it the "rush".

Being a diesel fan, my record for a diesel pickup is a sustained 160 km/h in a friend's Ford Ranger turbo diesel 4x4. It was at south super from beyond the Shell station to the Calamba exit, about 2 in the morning on a weeknight. It was raining slightly so there were not too many big bikers or small cars to bother about. The acceleration was just decent by gas engine standards, but once the whistling turbo had time to spool up we got to the wrong side of the speed limit soon enough. The engine peaked at 170 km/h now and then when traffic allowed.

The stopping distance of the heavy pickup is not so good especially in the wet, so at 160 km/h in the rain, if the other driver misjudges you and cuts, there is little you can do to avoid hitting him.

But I've heard it said that if you are driving a truck, pick up, or SUV and you are about to impact a smaller car or a motorcycle, its always better for you if you hit the other guy square-on with your nose so that your heavy engine can protect you. Of course it also means that you are more likely to k*ll the other party. There is little chance that his car's much advertised hi-tech safety features can protect him enough from a direct hit with a heavy-duty vehicle triple its weight and whose bumper will impact near window level, way above its crumple zones.

If you are going to drive fast, stay in the bigger vehicle. Let the other guy be the casualty. Which is why my sis drives a heavy pick-up for my family's peace of mind.

I totally agree with you on this.. If you guys want to go fast and claim yourself the best.. drive in on the track.

that would be a better place. no cross or forthcoming traffic, no crossing pedestrian and no other life placed on harms way.

i'm quite sure the author of this thread only have sharing as the motive in doing so but guys please be wary of the fact that although this is an adult site, this is not necessarily exclusive for the mature and the discerning. to those that are not, we are sending the wrong signal that it's okay to drive faster than our guardian angels could fly.

this is like starting a thread saying lets talk about our condomless adventures and brag about not having AIDS for now. konting ingat lang mga kapatid.

Edited by TeeUp

In the spirit of this thread, I've had a head-on collision at speed twice. The first time it was a case of the other guy overtaking on a steep mountain (Dalton pass) who I did not feel like giving way to, and the second one was with a tricycle driver who tried to cross the highway when my foot was hot on the gas, somewhere in batangas.

The first one was about 20-30 km/h upon impact, and we were both stopped cold. I was driving a six wheeler truck (letting my driver rest) and lost my radiator and bumper. The other car (nissan cefiro) was totalled, its engine visible after my bumper scraped off its hood. The driver was wearing seatbelts, so he was alive. Mukhang totoy pa. Since after all he was on the wrong lane, the insurance took care of it.

The second head on was more severe, about 60 km/h upon impact. I remember I was in third gear on the heavy pick-up I was driving. The tricycle driver flew 15 feet away, broke his jaw and his hipbone, and was hospitalized for weeks. Kala ko patay na si bata (why is it always the kids who make the stupid mistakes? anyway serves them good!) Buti bata ba at maka-ka recover. Again insurance took care of it since i was the one on the correct side of the road.

In both cases, I obviously lived to tell about it. Not a scratch!

With regard to maximum speed records on gas engines, I think I have never driven faster than 170 km/h at North diversion road, since the last gasoline car I drove was only a 1.5 liter Mitsubishi Lancer GLi with a very nicely ratio'd manual tranny. After that car I graduated to heavy diesel trucks, for better crash survivability and so it becomes easier to speed around and to drive even more aggressively.

Just make that if you hit someone at high speeds, you are in the right and that you are driving the bigger vehicle, para walang sabit sa parak at sa insurance. As for the other party, patay kung patay! hahaha!

Edited by LostCommand
  • 2 weeks later...
In the Phils , maximum that i went to far is 180kmh. Don't dare to go faster ( can't go faster anymore ), was driving at skyway in a Starex. Abit shaky and floaty. I can hear wind from inside. heheh.

In Malaysia , I went once at 220Kmh in an Audi A6. Well that trip cost me 2 tickets , caught me driving at 170Kmh and 140Kmh.

Autobahn Germany , with a RUF modified Porsche i went up to nearly 280Kmh. Of course it was a private road for car testing.

Just came back from Australia , tried on Nissan 350Z  which i borrowed from my fren who owns a car shop, went along coast at 260Kmh.

Of course each driving experince is different. It can be more scarier driving on Edsa at 90Kmh when there is alot of cars.

OY! sino ang may RUF na porsche??!! pahiraaaaam!!! inggiiit akooooo

cmon guys, discussion lang naman to, i know a lot of people die in road accidents every year, but this is just a couple of chaps exchanging experiences. no one is encouraging this in the Philippines, no one. we must all drive carefully d b?...a grain of salt please...(but if you drive on the autobahn, well....)

Just make that if you hit someone at high speeds, you are in the right and that you are driving the bigger vehicle, para walang sabit sa parak at sa insurance. As for the other party, patay kung patay! hahaha!

OY! sino ang may RUF na porsche??!! pahiraaaaam!!! inggiiit akooooo

cmon guys, discussion lang naman to, i know a lot of people die in road accidents every year, but this is just a couple of chaps exchanging experiences. no one is encouraging this in the Philippines, no one. we must all drive carefully d b?...a grain of salt please...(but if you drive on the autobahn, well....)

yearrright, bro! you think the above post is not encouraging enough?

210kph on a manual cefiro 1997 model star tollway only on straightline though it was f**king... FUN!!!!! while diceing fastest i ever did was 170 in a ford lynx the new model in c5 i have it on my friends phone video after runing c5 in about 3 min we hit a pothole while decelerating at about 120-130kph and my right front tire exploded also on video hehe good thing i was able to controll the skid :) fastest drift speed ive ever done was about 95-100kph haha 90 degree turn took the early apex drift in the palms area alabang for a physics video contest :D - i love speed!

haha! hey arctic! same thing happend to me on edsa! 140 sumtn i think then bam! huge pot hole. my right front exploded.

used to go 140-160 regularly cuz i have to pass by the expressway to get to school. did arnd 200 a few times wen we go road trippin (anywhere between subic n tagaytay). stupid really, 3-4 of us would race to wherevr from 12-5

100-120 back wen we wer learning to take a curve. i suckd on consecutives n fast 90's mainly cuz i was always conscious abt my weak brakes. stoppd before i gt an upgrade.

switchd to a heavy matic after my second huge crash :P its been over a year na.. my feets startn to twitch agn. miss d clutch n d feeling of flight right before sunrise :P