What Is Your Religion.

just cant stand those who think they know WTF they are talking about just because somebody said it to them... learn how to respect... it will bring you a long way... maybe way longer than what your so called religion teaches you...

on the contrary... i would like to commend those who talk with scholarly sense in this thread...

Born and Raised as a Roman Catholic, believes and accepts all good things applicable and sensible that any religion shares... but my FAITH and BELIEF that there is somebody higher, absolute and deserves all our praises for the things that can be and can't be explained... HE IS MY GOD

it makes me human and grounded on how i perceive my so called borrowed life...

Edited by chinggero
  • 2 weeks later...

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Most people will disagree on this.

If you were born by parents believing in God (Muslims, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Hindu, etc.), you were taught how to live your life to follow rules, to respect others as what God or Gods hath wrought. This is religion.

If you were born by atheist parents, they'll still teach you how to live your life the way it should be. To me, that is also religion.

If you were born by insane parents and left you for dead, you'll learn to crawl by your belly, assuming you are still alive, and learn to survive by yourself. You start to believe in something. You start to believe that life is only about keeping your stomach full. That is religion.

If you were born by satanist parents, you were taught the dark ways of life by keeping yourself above others. That is religion.

Money can become religion. Most politicians worship money. To gain power.

But if you were born by one of these kind of parents, and then you suddenly feel that nothing that you believe in is right, that is when your faith is lost.

Nobody blames you for being born an atheist, a Satanist, a Muslim, or a Catholic. It was not your choice.

To change your "religion" once because you were "enlightened" is normal. But changing your religion more than once, or "destroy" your own religion means that you are unsure about yourself.

Why change sides? Because Buddha gives luck? Because this is the "TRUE" religion? Because you will be saved by Allah and your enemies will die by Jihad?

Why destroy your religion? Why become an atheist? You believe only in the facts of science? or you just don't want to read some stupid old scrolls compiled in what they call Bible? You don't want to go to a large house called a Church? You don't want to kneel down and pray? You want to believe only in yourself... you only want to feel the pleasures of the flesh?

Surely you'll say "I'm happy from shifting from Catholic to Buddhism". "I'm happy to be a Protestant".... "I'm happy for being an atheist". But in your mind you're just saying "I don't know if there's a God, and I don't care. I can profit from this religion OR I just need to satisfy my body and that's it. I need to eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep, work."

From an atheist side, how would you define respect? I can hurt anyone since I don't know the meaning of respect. No Almighty can punish me. I have no Soul so who cares if I die??

Being born by atheist parents doesn't mean you're also an atheist. You're still choosing something to believe in. It's different from choosing to be an atheist.

I'm not saying all atheists will resort to suicide. They just have a higher tendency.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Most people will disagree on this.

If you were born by parents believing in God (Muslims, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Hindu, etc.), you were taught how to live your life to follow rules, to respect others as what God or Gods hath wrought. This is religion.

If you were born by atheist parents, they'll still teach you how to live your life the way it should be. To me, that is also religion.

If you were born by insane parents and left you for dead, you'll learn to crawl by your belly, assuming you are still alive, and learn to survive by yourself. You start to believe in something. You start to believe that life is only about keeping your stomach full. That is religion.

If you were born by satanist parents, you were taught the dark ways of life by keeping yourself above others. That is religion.

Money can become religion. Most politicians worship money. To gain power.

But if you were born by one of these kind of parents, and then you suddenly feel that nothing that you believe in is right, that is when your faith is lost.

Nobody blames you for being born an atheist, a Satanist, a Muslim, or a Catholic. It was not your choice.

To change your "religion" once because you were "enlightened" is normal. But changing your religion more than once, or "destroy" your own religion means that you are unsure about yourself.

Why change sides? Because Buddha gives luck? Because this is the "TRUE" religion? Because you will be saved by Allah and your enemies will die by Jihad?

Why destroy your religion? Why become an atheist? You believe only in the facts of science? or you just don't want to read some stupid old scrolls compiled in what they call Bible? You don't want to go to a large house called a Church? You don't want to kneel down and pray? You want to believe only in yourself... you only want to feel the pleasures of the flesh?

Surely you'll say "I'm happy from shifting from Catholic to Buddhism". "I'm happy to be a Protestant".... "I'm happy for being an atheist". But in your mind you're just saying "I don't know if there's a God, and I don't care. I can profit from this religion OR I just need to satisfy my body and that's it. I need to eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep, work."

From an atheist side, how would you define respect? I can hurt anyone since I don't know the meaning of respect. No Almighty can punish me. I have no Soul so who cares if I die??

Being born by atheist parents doesn't mean you're also an atheist. You're still choosing something to believe in. It's different from choosing to be an atheist.

I'm not saying all atheists will resort to suicide. They just have a higher tendency.

Really?

So ang Hayop ay pinuprotektahan ang kanyang mga Anak DAHIL NANINIWALA SIYA SA DIOS?

So kung halimbawang MABABA ANG TENDENCY NG MGA HAYOP NA MAG-SUICIDE, IBIG SABIHIN NANINIWALA ANG MGA HAYOP SA DIOS?

Kawawa pala ang isang Atheist? Iisa na nga lang ang Kanyang Buhay, Wala na ngang inaasahang Walang-Hanggang-Buhay, tapos MATAAS PA ANG TENDENCY NA MAG-SUICIDE? Ganun?

Samantalang ang Theist, bagamat iisa rin ang Buhay, MERON namang inaasahang Walang-Hanggang-Buhay, KAYA ba takot ang Theist magpakamatay? Dahil MASAMA ang magpakamatay?

GUMAGAWA KAYO NG MABUTI DAHIL UMAASA KAYO SA GANTIMPALA NG WALANG-HANGGANG-BUHAY? TAKOT KAYONG GUMAWA NG MASAMA DAHIL TAKOT KAYO MA-IMPIERNO?

GUMAGAWA LANG KAYO NG MABUTI DAHIL MAY KAPALIT NA GANTIMPALA? DAHIL TAKOT SA PARUSA?

• 2 weeks later...
"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."

— Dave Barry

Kasi kapag nag-she-share si X ng views sinasalungat kaagad ni Y yung religious views niya. So instead na mabigyan ng pagkakataon si Y na mag-share din ng views niya, dini-defend ni X yung views niya at si Y naman ay panay ang attack at patutsada instead na mag-share ng views niya.

Edited by lamujer
Kasi kapag nag-she-share si X ng views sinasalungat kaagad ni Y yung religious views niya. So instead na mabigyan ng pagkakataon si Y na mag-share din ng views niya, dini-defend ni X yung views niya at si Y naman ay panay ang attack at patutsada instead na mag-share ng views niya.

Hmm.

Papayag ka ba sa pagsasabi ng ibang Hindi Totoo ang Dios na Pinaniniwalaan mo?

Y needed to prove X's argument as false before he can prove that his argument is true.

There should be only one truth.

• 3 weeks later...
to vheRR

hi. i have 5 simple questions, actually assignment ko ito. i need your point of view since you're

good in answering religious topics. thank you.

ATHEIST po ako.

Kaya ang magiging sagot, ay ayon sa POINT-OF-VIEW ko bilang isang Atheist.

question 1.) Do you believe the Bible is the word of God and is therefore without errors ?

Hindi. Atheist po ako.

Ngunit, kung ang biblia nga ay "ang salita ng dios", DAPAT lang na walang itong mga KAMALIAN.

Ang kaso, PUNO ito ng KAMALIAN, therefore, either hindi ito ang salita ng dios o...

... WALA talagang "SALITA NG DIOS".

... dahil HINDI TOTOO ang DIOS.

question 2.) Is Jesus God or mere man ?

Kung TOTOOng NABUHAY si Jesus, Isa lang siyang Tao.

question 3.) Do you believe in God being one yet in 3 persons, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit ?

Hindi. Atheist po ako.

Ngunit, ang idea ng 3 Persona ay ginawa upang mapagtugma ang idea na isang dios si Jesus at ang paniniwala sa iisang dios.

Kunsabagay, aling dios nga ba ang katanggap-tanggap...

... si Jesus at ang kanyang "mahalin mo ang iyong kaaway"

... o ang dios ng Lumang Tipan at ang kanyang "mata-sa-mata. ngipin-sa-ngipin"

question 4.) What is your understanding of salvation ? How can a person go to heaven ?

Isang mabisang paraan ng PANG-UUTO.

Sino nga ba naman ang AAYAW sa GANTIMPALA ng WALANG-HANGGANG-BUHAY?

Sino nga ba naman ang GUGUSTO sa PARUSA ng PAGKA-IMPIYERNO?

Ang GUMAWA ng MABUTI DAHIL MAY GANTIMPALA.

AT ang UMIWAS sa MASAMA DAHIL MAY PARUSA.

Isang MAKAPANGYARIHANG DIOS na KAILANGAN pang MANGAKO ng GANTIMPALA at MANAKOT ng PARUSA PARA LANG SUNDIN ng TAO na KANYANG GINAWA LAMANG.

question 5.) Is the church relevent to you ? Why or why not ?

Hindi. Atheist po ako.

just replying to the original post.

i'm an agnostic. basically, the difference between an athiest and an agnostic is while the former firmly believes that there is no god, i would say i'm unsure. but whether there really is a god or not, it doesnt really matter.

no offense meant to anyone.

Aglipayan ako, lolo ko obispo pero i go to a cathloic church para mag simba, konti lang kasi aglipayan churches eh

Aglipayan din po ako. We are Filipino Catholics. We are separate from Roman Catholics. However, our religion is Christianity. Aglipayan is a denomination of Christianity. The other denominations of Christianity which I know of are the Roman Catholics, Greek Orthodox Church, the born-agains, Protestants (Methodists, Baptists, etc.)