Teacher - Student Relationship

In one case decided by the Supreme Court, a lady teacher was terminated from her job for maintaining a relationship with a male student. The Supreme Court ruled that the termination was illegal, stating that "love has its reason which reason cannot understand." Yeah, cheesy. :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...

For me, it should not be tolerated. But it happens, pwede na rin pagbigyan kung:

1. Neither is married.

2. Student is of legal age.

3. It should really be a seious one, not just for sex or for the grades.

In college kasi some teachers are of the same age bracket with the students, at mahirap talaga maiwasan. I have male co-faculty who's into this kind of relationship and no harm was done to both parties. Pero kung ako ang tatanungin, ayaw ko. Ayaw ko sa totoy.

Na experience ko ito nung 4th year high school ako at yung teacher ko ang partner ko sa prom namin she is 23 years old back then and I'm just sixteen. Ok naman relationship pero ang hirap din kasi lagi kaming tampulan ng usapan at tsismis sa klase buti na lang naging kami eh January na kaya 3 months na lang namin pinagtiiisan ang tsimis at mga matanong na tao.

The relationship lasted for a year pero nothing last forever! But I cherish those moments up to now, yung picture nga naming dalawa sa school nasa photo album ko pa rin hanggang ngayon.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is so classic. may-december affairs. teacher-student discretions. have you heard about a female teacher getting impregnated by her 14 year old student? the teacher went to jail, while carrying their baby. after many years in incarceration, the teacher got back with her student-lover, dunno if they're happy though.

and also, these things are reinforced in the mindset of adolescents via television. one example is the tv show pretty little liars, which involved the characters aria and mr. ezra fitz.. and we all know how popular this show is. totally inappropriate for young people to watch these shows, glorifying such illicit relationships. it shouldn’t be displayed as a good thing or as a place where anyone can find love it's a recipe for emotional disaster.

• 3 years later...

Not advisable, but how do you stop the law of attraction from happening? Some students can be a tease, and it's super easy for young single teachers to jump into these relationships.

When I was still teaching (I was 24-25 at that time), I really projected myself as a terror prof sa umpisa. Strikto and someone to be taken really seriously. Pag bata ka kasi, yung mga estudyante mo susubukan maging presko at aamu-amuin ka talaga. Tapos di ka na nyan nila susundin at mawawalan ka ng control sa classroom mo.

Isa pa, nung mga panahon na yun mainit na mainit mga kaso ng sexual harassment. Alam mo na, mahawakan mo lang ng mali yung bata, nagkakaroon na ng ibang interpretation. And yes, meron kasing mga dalagita na gusto ng mas mature. Kaya it helps kung umpisa pa lang sa kanila drill instructor sa marines ang approach mo. lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is so classic. may-december affairs. teacher-student discretions. have you heard about a female teacher getting impregnated by her 14 year old student? the teacher went to jail, while carrying their baby. after many years in incarceration, the teacher got back with her student-lover, dunno if they're happy though.

I think this story got featured recently in Barbara Walters' show. The story was, the student was 13 years old, the teacher was 31 I think, married and with 4 kids of her own - the eldest of which was 11 years old at the time. The teacher got impregnated by the 13 year old, so she was sent to prison for child rape. She got out on parole 6 months later, then got impregnated by the kid again. So she was sent to jail pregnant to serve her full sentence and gave birth to the 2nd child in prison. This was when her husband divorced her and took all their 4 kids to Canada. A few months after the teacher got out of prison, she married the student who was already 21 years old by that time. They are still happily married now, and their 2 kids (daughters) have good relations with the 4 kids with the first husband.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A male prof in a prestigious exclusive all girls school was convicted 20 years reclusion temporal by the SC...a case of a student-prof affair gone sour....here is the link to the complete facts of the case and verdict of the SC:

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2007/september2007/164733.htm

Last time I heard this guy was set free. Well swerte niya, naka 3some niya ang Assumptionista hahahaha

• 1 month later...