Fedex/air Freight 21

spiky

My first bad exirience was when my shipment got lost in their warehouse and no one can give me an answer. It arrives 3 days after the time i needed the shipment.

Second was when they cannot give reliable estimate on the taxes and duties, they keep on calling and adjusting and I have to prepare the cheques.

WHAT A LOUSY SERVICE!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leviticus

hay.. tell me about it. although it's not Fedex/air freight 21's service but rather my experience is with DHL. package arrived here at the Philippines on the first week of december. i've been tracking it online for the past days/weeks and it's tied up with customs. hay.. everyday I keep sending a followup email via the dhl website. the first two tries I got a response from the service group explaining that it's tied up with the bureau of customs.

ano hinihintay nila? red tape? lagay? I understand that I need to pay a customs fee but waiting for a full three weeks is ridiculous!

as I've said, ive been sending out emails via dhl website. after the first two tries their service group has been mum. today I got fed up with waiting and sent out the following email to the service/clearance group:

"Merry Christmas to my package with tracking number xxxxxxxxxx, which is now in its third week of clearance delay status. I hope to see you before New Year's."

hay.. at least I got a response from their service group again. let's wait and see when the package or when the "clearance group" will contact me.

• 2 months later...
hay.. tell me about it. although it's not Fedex/air freight 21's service but rather my experience is with DHL. package arrived here at the Philippines on the first week of december. i've been tracking it online for the past days/weeks and it's tied up with customs. hay.. everyday I keep sending a followup email via the dhl website. the first two tries I got a response from the service group explaining that it's tied up with the bureau of customs.

ano hinihintay nila? red tape? lagay? I understand that I need to pay a customs fee but waiting for a full three weeks is ridiculous!

as I've said, ive been sending out emails via dhl website. after the first two tries their service group has been mum. today I got fed up with waiting and sent out the following email to the service/clearance group:

"Merry Christmas to my package with tracking number xxxxxxxxxx, which is now in its third week of clearance delay status. I hope to see you before New Year's."

hay.. at least I got a response from their service group again. let's wait and see when the package or when the "clearance group" will contact me.

Did you have to pay a fortune to get your item?

Well here's my story. I bought a pair of shoes worth $71 (shipping excluded) from shoebuy.com . I had to pay PHP 2531.60 to get the item!

Customs Charges: Php 1953

Duty Handling Fee: Php 280

Informal Entry Declaration: 33.60

Customs Documentary Stamps: 265

That's almost 90% of the item value!

My first bad exirience was when my shipment got lost in their warehouse and no one can give me an answer. It arrives 3 days after the time i needed the shipment.

Second was when they cannot give reliable estimate on the taxes and duties, they keep on calling and adjusting and I have to prepare the cheques.

WHAT A LOUSY SERVICE!!!!

Dude, that's for AIR21 and you're right about their lousy if not should we say 'bad' service gives us a wrong thinking that FedEx should also be part of the blame when they are only sole licensee here..what they're boasting of on-time delivery is not always met, i don't know if their commercial 'money-back guarantee' is in effect....the services is just like their basketball team..good players = bad attitudes,work ethics.... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well here's my story. I bought a pair of shoes worth $71 (shipping excluded) from shoebuy.com . I had to pay PHP 2531.60 to get the item!

this is not with fedex, but with the customs and taxation laws of our dear country.

same with me.

i got a hard to find CD from amazon.com around three months ago. the cost is USD 10 (roughly 400 pesos).

but when it got here, i have to shell out around 900 pesos more. which means, the cost of the CD is around Php 1,300.00.

5 shipments to my office of which 3 were more than 1 week delayed and the other 2 5 days delayed!

Funny thing was that all the shipments (all documents were opened) and than put back into the FEDEX envelope but totally dirty and disorganized. Maybe they had to read them first!

Wonder if they were looking for money like in the post office!

The operations manager of FED-EX is a member of MTC ..... heheheh paging pareng REY ....

5 shipments to my office of which 3 were more than 1 week delayed and the other 2 5 days delayed!

Funny thing was that all the shipments (all documents were opened) and than put back into the FEDEX envelope but totally dirty and disorganized. Maybe they had to read them first!

Guest Leviticus

yes.. I did pay a fortune for the item:

Item: Php9000

Customs Charges: Php4654

Affidavit of personal use: Php160

and on top of that.. the package arrived A MONTH upon its arrival. hay. the real culprit here is our bureau of customs. it took them a month to clear it. A MONTH!!

sana sinabi sa akin ng delivery company (DHL) that it would take that long with the bureau of customs. sana nilagay nila sa kanilang mga offices kahit fine print lang (example: we the company will deliver your packages on Philippine shores in a day but the Bureau of Customs will hold your packages for more than a week up to a month. we are not liable for the delays caused by the BOC).

ang nakakainis rin ay hindi nila masagot ng diretso kung kailan darating and kung magkano. basta dumating, dumating; THAT'S THEIR MOTTO!

yes.. I did pay a fortune for the item:

Item: Php9000

Customs Charges: Php4654

Affidavit of personal use: Php160

and on top of that.. the package arrived A MONTH upon its arrival. hay. the real culprit here is our bureau of customs. it took them a month to clear it. A MONTH!!

sana sinabi sa akin ng delivery company (DHL) that it would take that long with the bureau of customs. sana nilagay nila sa kanilang mga offices kahit fine print lang (example: we the company will deliver your packages on Philippine shores in a day but the Bureau of Customs will hold your packages for more than a week up to a month. we are not liable for the delays caused by the BOC).

ang nakakainis rin ay hindi nila masagot ng diretso kung kailan darating and kung magkano. basta dumating, dumating; THAT'S THEIR MOTTO!

PUCHA! Ang mahal din ng binayad mo! What was the afidavit for? I mean kelan mo binigay yung afidavit?

Guest Leviticus
PUCHA! Ang mahal din ng binayad mo! What was the afidavit for? I mean kelan mo binigay yung afidavit?

there was a "clearance team" that handled the customs. the affidavit was to proclaim that the item was not for sale and that I was for personal use only, not for business. without that affidavit the customs tax would amount to 5800!

so I guess the main culprit here is not necessarily the delivery companies themselves but rather the BOC. sila nagpapatagal.

Did you report this to their CS madame? In that case this is an alarming one.. maybe i can raise/tell that issue to my friend who is with FedEx...

BOC sucks balls.

I had an afidavit with my item too pero hindi tinanggap dahil nabayaran na daw ng DHL yung customs fees. Why the f#&k do they assume that everyone is a bloody importer? How the hell can I do business (make profit) with a pair of Florshiem shoes?

• 2 months later...

4 years ago, i bought a lot of dvds in hong kong & had them shipped in 2 dhl boxes. i even declared the actual values against the advice of my sister. coz i don't want to strip all the price tags. and i'm willing to pay the duties and taxes.

the boxes arrived in the phils. while i'm in hk airport on my way back. a dhl employee called me on my cellphone saying there was a delay in clearing my shipment & that i have to seek a clearance from vrb (that gov't office now headed by edu manzano, i forgot the name). back then, i think it was still bong revilla yata. good thing, my officemate has a friend in that gov't office. so i had to write that my dvds are for personal use only. i got my boxes after more than 3 weeks.

the real problem is the gov't. they're not a big help to on-line shopping. also, the vrb in the past raids a store in sm megamall that sells region 1 dvds. they say only region 3 dvds should be sold in the phils. while region 1 dvds are intended to be played only in region 1 players, nothing prohibits anybody not in region 1 to buy region 1 discs, especially if you have a region-free player. otherwise, amazon.com shouldn't be allowed to deliver dvds here.

it's the gov't.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

For local shipping they are up to their promise. Shipment from other countries may causes problem due to assessment of custom for proper taxes and tariffs. hindi nila kasalanan yun. From my experience, most customs official give excessive taxes and tariffs on our small packages, while big time smugglers are having good time.

This is what I do,(so far so good) for small packages. First tell the shipper he/she should declare it as a gift or used item or less than $50 value and indicate your CP number. What DHL /FedEx do is they will contact you, and tell you how much you have to pay according to customs crocs. Then say "NO" to those excessive amount and Challenge the custom crocs to debates, for gift's ,used items or less than $50 value eh 35.00 lang ang babayaran mo, why pay more? nasa batas yan. So far all my packages eh 35.00 lang thru DHL. :cool:

• 1 year later...

Over the years, we have used the following : DHL, UPS, USPS, and FEDEX.

all of them will adhere to the unneccesary shenanigans by philippine customs duties , taxes and storage fees ( both by carrier and customs) we somehow have learned to deal with these carriers with all kinds of compromises. With FEDEX, the following have been our growing pains before:

1. wrong declaration, or wrong items declared by shipper, specially electronic stuff.

2. traffic.

3. was not labelled EXPRESS or URGENT so it was late.

4. We have a new driver and got lost.

5. Held at customs. ( but shows on scanner held by FEDEX)

6. The amount paid by shipper is short.

7. It was sent to the wrong address, sorry.

8. The delivery van broke down.

9. The shipment has no scan because there is failure by the radio frequency.

10. sent to wrong country.

there are more that I cannot think of at this time.

• 11 years later...