Mydestiny

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI guys yung network kasi ng MyDestiny is Uncapped unlike the PLDT or other ISP naka CAP per user dito sa MYDestiny nde everyone is sharing the bandwidth.

Hehehe! got another tip na malaki savings if you have destiny internet... you can get Free Cable... :) Trade secret to pero i can tell you guys syempre trade din ehehhe!

Oo nga pla balik sa uncap network may down at up side to, upside if malaki bandwidth nila at kaunti kayo sa isang area sobrang lakas network nyo.. but incase sa isang condo mga 100 kayo nag s-share heheh gapang talga. :)

But i heard mag u-upgrade sila ng ngayon ng bandwith kaya magiging ok na sila...

Galing ako dun kaya alam ko work around ng systema nila hehehe!

hmmm gngwa ko n toh even di ako ngwork sa destiny i have internet conection and i have cable for my tv so mppmura k tlga

imagine ur paying 999 php for both cable tv and internet conection

my speed by the way is range from 300 to 512 kbps

maybe its just here in pranaque nt much subscribers so the uncapped bandwith doesnt affect me.

Sir Jobim, tanong ko lang, paano ba naka-set up ang cable internet sa lugar ninyo? Ang internet nyo ba sa loob ng condo unit dumadaan sa cable tapos may sarili kayong modem, o ang internet nyo ay naka UTP wire na? Medyo hindi ko naintindihan yung explanation nyo sa page 1.

Naka mydestiny ako sa dalawang lugar, parehong OK naman. Sumasagot naman tech support, at tama naman ang suggestions nila para tuloy-tuloy ang connection. 300 - 500 kbps ang nakukuha ko, minsan umaabot ng 1.3MBps sa isang lugar.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm ... Destiny Cable Internet... ok naman sa ibang area ... laluna noong bago ito... tapos nagkaroon ng cap tapos ngayong wala na ... dati akong Tech support sa Destiny don't blame the tech support guys wala silang magawa.... yung mga taga NOC at NMS ang mga inutil doon... yung tech support doon pang pc lang talaga ... di sila makapangako ng lead time kase inutil ang mga me magagawa ayun nagnenetwork games lang ... Sayang ang Destiny akala ko sila na ang magiging better alternative sa PLDT monopoly... Sana maayos din...

Hi Guys,

Destiny has done it again after having such great service now the service sucks big time!!!!! Right now have been having intermittent synch issues and their line technicians just play basketball here in Marcelo @ 3 pm everyday while their subscibers whats up with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAbi nila network upgrade daw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Destiny sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya, mydestiny sucks. even their cable sucks. reception is not that good and they don't have star world and espn star. sucks so bad but i got to live with it coz it's the only cable company available in my place.

my brother has bayantel dsl in his place and it's fast and reliable. they'll fix any problems within 24hours or they'll refund you P500 for every day your internet is down. i also heard that pldt is good plus their rate is the most competitive in the market today.

Guest Tenchi_muyo96

Hi. Are there any other residents of BF Homes Paranaque here? I'm a Resident of BF Homes Paranaque. I'd like to know on how good/reliable the connection speed of Destiny Cable is here before i subscribe to their service. Pls...any feedback wouold be greatly appreciated

mydestiny...omg...i remember them. They were the first broadband isp i had. I was one of their first customers. I was on "trial" as their service wasn't in full swing yet. The speed at first was fast 60K/sec speeds. But after a year or so, it became horrible. Dial up speeds and less. There were even times when my speeds would not go past 1K/sec. All my downloads would get cut. Everytime I called tech support they would say they would check with NOC or would call back (which they never did). I eventually got NOC's direct line and would bypass tech support and go straight to the source. Usually they were able to help, but eventually couldn't. I remember NOC telling me a big part of their network is connected to globe's. Anyways, I got so fed up that I left.

I tried Home Cable and was disappointed to after their service detriorated even before the one year required contract was finished. I told them to disconnect and they said they would charge me a disconnection fee, i told them to try because how can they cahrge me a disc fee if they won't fix my connection after repeated calls.

And now...to my current broadband provider...

Greendot DSL.

Wow. This is the OPPOSITE of DESTINY. My speeds are stable. I got their 32K/sec package and speeds were as advertised. I only have had a few service interruptions and tech support is awesome. The first time i called they said "they would call back"...since i was from destiny....i was like...ok, they aren't going to call...but they always did. and after they fix your connection which usually happens within a day or two, they will call back to confirm if the problem has been fixed. I recently upgraded my account to their 1mb package...really fast :) I recommend this DSL provider to everyone. I think their parent company is PT&T or something like that. Good luck!

What's your experience with MyDestiny internet? I want to know what others experience because I can't believe how bad their service is to our condominium, and I don't know if it's the same with other subscribers.

I don't know about the quality of MyDestiny cable internet, but their DSL service is really bad. My subscription started about a month ago and until today, my internet bandwidth has never reached anything close to the promised 512kbps bandwidth. Most of the time, I just get close to dial-up speed - just around 50kbps! And it often drops to lows of 10kbps! This is the Php1,688 unlimited plan. There have been a few days when I get a couple of hours of decent bandwidth - around 100kbps, but that's the best I've seen since I've subscribed.

I've called their technical support countless times and I get the same response everytime - that their going to check the problem or their going to send somebody to the condo to fix/replace the main modem where each subscriber in the condo is connected. But there has been no improvement in the slightest, whatsoever. I already sent an email to their technical support, help desk, and tech support supervisor, but it's been a few days and there's been no reply.

Once I get subscription from another provider, I will definitely have Mydestiny cut and ask for a full refund.

Pare trust me... yung tech support nila walang alam... better kausapin mo yung mga roving units nila... Ilan times ko na inaaway yan tech support nila... kaya last time I had my maintenance what I did was get the # nung nagconduct ng maintenance and from now on sya na lang lagi kong contact yunn nga lang di pwede malaman dahil bawal daw sa office... you have to pass through proper protocol...

What I would suggest is you do the same thing... alam ko, for us cable internet subscribers, may i-adjust lang naman sila dyan and magiging ok na speed mo... may yung bandwidth lang ata itataas... though at the expense of other subscribers lang... I'm just not sure if this holds the same for DSL

• 3 months later...

I'm presently using destiny's cable broadband internet isang beses bumagal ang connection speed & downloading speed so I tried calling their technical support mapupupod ang daliri mo sa kakadial so I sent a text message twice and they called after 45 minutes.

Regarding Greendot DSL I made some inquiries, expensive ang fees nila I rather not say how much pero may website sila nandoon din ang contact number nila.

destiny sucks!! kakadisconnect ko lang this month umayaw na ako as in ang bulok ng sistema ng billing one month late pa lang wala pang bill ang yabang paputol ka na nila every month ganun ang drama ko with them call their billing to reconnect me buwisit na destiny yan!! tapos oo nandon na maganda destiny sa download kasi mabilis pero when it comes to latency atsaka browsing ng mga sites walang kwenta 25 percent to 100 percent packets loss man!! di siya pwede pang games pang download lang tlga ang destiny pero depende pa yun kasi off peak lang tlga siya papalo ng malakas mas ok pa nga toh smart bro consistent kahit mag games ka 2 pcs baba ng ping ko unlike destiny 2 pcs super bagal na browsing hay!! bulok ang destiny as in!!

it doesnt mean na nakakadownload ka ng more than 1 mb/s maganda na ang connection look at the ping rate of destiny atska packet loss grabe!! tapos un sa biling ang yabang di daw sila nag wawarning kesyo nagemail daw sila pasaway sabi ko wala ako natatanggap bulok destiny as in tapos problema pa lately when yr browsing yahoo or google minsan as in super slow letters na nga lang bagal pa ang destiny nakikiconect lang yan sa globe

sa mga destiny users ngayon aminin nyo bagal nyo mag surf noh? esp when ur using 2 pcs tapos di kayo makapggames kasi taas ng latency nyo hehe!! destiny bulok as in the worst internet service provider and one more thing when ur downloading sumthin sa destiny like for example bitcomet or emule di ka na pwede mag broswe super bagal na hay!! yan ba ang broadband? dapat ayusin ng destiny un consistency ng connection like latency and packet loss!! palibhasa target nila un mga walang alam sa mga ganyan akala nila purket nag speed test at mabilis maganda na!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lately our destiny internet has been slowing down, customer service said they were doing maintenance a few weeks ago but until now the speed is subpar.

Honestly guys, they is no DECENT ISP here in the Philippines, blame it on our government and policies. Instead of protecting the consumer (who ultimately is the real source of money) they coddle the F*CKING companies who do nothing but practice false advertising and provide substandard everything.

Anyways, Merry Christmas MTC peeps, and to the marketing, tech and management of said ISPs, may a humongous lolo thunder light up your asses on new years day.

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny .... hmm i have fond. memories ... I was downlaoding a 50 meg movie for 15 mins... that was 1999 .... now ... ahhh it's a nightmare... now it's jus a wide area network.... it's just of network gamming(local destiny subscriber)... don't balime the technical support and customer service they have no control what is happening... it's thier NMS and NOC that's that can do something about it... and also since the cable it outside..corrosion will seep in teh cables... hay I wish is was 1999 all over again ... but some customers in Paranaque are getting good service... but that's beacuse they have new cable and there are few customers in the area... Good Luck Destiny Online Techs and Customer service agents...

Had my destiny cable internet intalled last friday. Its pretty inconsistent. Sometimes its fast sometimes its dead slow. I called customer service and they said its because of the damage done by the earthquake that happened in taiwan. They only have their back up system supporting their subscribers kaya raw slow lalo na pag peak times. They told me to bear with them and they will just rebate the days from the day my internet was installed hanngang maayos nila problema. I dont know if they will do that though. Remains to be seen. Sana mag improve nga!

True, destiny internet is fast in some areas but not in others. If your planning to subscribe better ask the subscribers in your area.

Right now internet is slow and it is not limited to Destiny subscribers. The repairs of the damaged undersea cables during Taiwan earthquake are not yet completed. An article in the inquirer last Sunday mentioned that the repair may extend as late as the end of February. I guess all that we can do is ask for a rebate.

Ganyan talaga yung destiny. I was one of their first cable internet subscribers and when they started talagang mabilis sila. but since then they started going down. the connections are slowing down, blame it on destiny that they are not upgrading their equipment. Plus their customer service is bad. but it has improved. the first time i called their customer rep, it took them more than a week to get to my house and fix it. the funny thing is that i live less than a block away from their service center.