Eraserheads

Calhoun

where the hell is the thread starter :(

Hey eight, thanks for all the contributions you've done to this thread. It's nice to read all the shared memories of the people who post. Kinda like informal bonding :D .

As you well know I've been pretty busy the past week. Haven't been able to play badminton nga eh, bummer. But it was worth it, I'll make you kuwento when we see each other. All that work was a bit of a shock though, a few weeks ago I was just surfing the net eating mais con hielo, next thing I knew I kept going home late and leaving the house early. Langhiya. But it was a great work experience, with the account manager in charge on maternity leave, it was left to the team to do the work and I'm proud to say they rose to the occasion, you'd be so proud of them.

Actually my work isn't done pa, I have a radio interview to assist tom.

So thanks for everything and see you soon :* .

ps I saw na 90 Proof, your second home. Not bad, kinda small but the 80's touches are very nice. It's a bar for our age group talaga. They even had a movie poster of Say Anything. I love that movie!!

the cd's title confirms probably the primary influence in their music: the beatles. after the beatles came out with the anthology sets, artists started renaming hits compilations as anthologies.

the beatles' influence in the eheads is obvious in the way they wrote and arranged their songs: from ligaya to with a smile to kailan to huling el bimbo. even the occasional falsettos were refreshing. :) it's just sad that after the fourth album or so, the eheads' music became stranger and stranger. :(

sa tingin ko lahat ng albums nila magaganda kung pakikinggan mo lang ito ng bulkas ang kaisipan like yung NATIN99 (ito ang 3nd most fave kong album nila, nas gumanda lang sana ito kung yung mga kantang karamihan ay pinakanta kay raims ay si ely ang kumanta like 'sino sa atin" & "dahan-dahan').

ang ranking ko ng albums nila ay :

1.)Circus & Cutterpillow

2.)Sticker Happy & Ultraelectromagneticpop

3.)Natin99

4.)Fruitcake

5.)Carbonstereoxide

6.)Aloha Milkyway

Edited by deathsaurer
the cd's title confirms probably the primary influence in their music: the beatles. after the beatles came out with the anthology sets, artists started renaming hits compilations as anthologies.

the beatles' influence in the eheads is obvious in the way they wrote and arranged their songs: from ligaya to with a smile to kailan to huling el bimbo. even the occasional falsettos were refreshing. :) it's just sad that after the fourth album or so, the eheads' music became stranger and stranger. :(

I can see more Beatles parallels. Ely is like Paul, the one who writes the popular songs. Raymund is like John, the one who writes the more eccentric songs.

I respect how the Eheads evolved themselves even up to the point where it was getting hard to discern where they were coming from. Ely wrote about this in Para Sa Masa, "pinilit kong iahon ka, ngunit ayaw mo namang sumama". This was after their concept Fruitcake album, which I think is a very good album too. A Christmas album you can listen to during and not during the holiday season. The book that accompanied it was integrated well into the album. Up till now I've never seen a local act do something like that.

For me this evolution means the Eheads were being true to themselves and not clinging to popularity by trying to tailor their songs to fit what the masses want. They listened to new influences and if they liked it, integrated it into their style. Even if it means the people who originally picked up their music might not be able to ride on, one of those people is me.

I bought all of their albums, and I have to say my favorites are the earlier ones. Not a lot of songs from Carbon Stereoxide stuck to my mind. But who knows? Maybe a few years down the road I'll be looking for something new to listen to and I might get it.

I might get the feeling I got when I listened to "sa tollgate" in CD2 of the anthology, the warm smiling feeling of Ely and the gang joining your bench in college and jamming with you.

And even if you never see a new Eheads album again, their music is a time capsule in our lives when moments were golden, happiness was simple, and the world offered such possibilities. It's not a paean to something we lost, but a reminder that in our preoccupation with career, relationships and our future, we might forget what's important, the point of why we go on. Why in our lives we usually remember moments, not days.

Nice thread you got here Calhoun...and lemme just say I can feel your passion from where I'm sitting. There's nothing quite like the Eheads, that's true. These guys are simply one of the few original acts that we have here.

"Ang Eraserheads"

lupet ng grupong to, kaya nabuo ung barakda namin, dahil sa mga gig nila, khit konti lang ung pera namin, kasya n un, basta makapanood, ok n po, muntik p akong mamatay sa San Carlos City, Pangasinan, timing n me audit ako dun, nood ako ng gig nila, swerte npunta ako sa backstage ng dahil ke julie(PA nila) musta n kya siya, pag uwi ko s lodging house, napagtripan ako ng mga lasing, buti n lang me mga pulis n napadaan, un nkisakay ako s mobil nila, at sa station n ko n2log, kaya sa e-heads magsamsama n lang ulit kyo, ung dating tropa nyo, dahil lagi kyong bahagi ng buhay namin, hu hu hu , naiiyak na ako, !!!!

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

there is always beauty in strangeness... :) it was the unearthing of the darker side of the boys, i wanna think... and the darker and deeper they become over the years reflect their maturity as individuals and as a group... but , they never lost the wittiness. :) and i love that about them. :)

i have to agree that they have this "beatle-ish" thing in them... remember in one of their videos, they had a shot crossing a pedestrian crossing just like the beatles did? :)

Hmm, I just bought this album last Sunday after Mass.

Sulit siya. You get two(2) CDs containing some of their best songs for just P280.

Pero dehins lahat ng songs nila na naging hits nanduon. Katulad ng Shirley, wala duon.

Better if you have a copy of all of their CD.

But for those na dehin nakabili ng lahat ng CD nila, magandang alternative ito.

I'm not a big music fan but when a good friend gave me the Eraserhead CD containing "Pare Ko" in '94, I could not stop playing it. During its tenure, this band exuded originality, sentimentalism, and outright fun. It's a testament to their talent that many remember their carefree days when they hear Eraserhead classics. I hope that a band will emerge from the landscape to provide the younger generation the same excitement that Eraserhead provided us late 20 and early 30 somethings.

Hope to hear from you guys after Eraserheads performs in their reunion concerts. Obviously, I hopes this happens sooner than later.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

eheads music started with very simple chord patterns... then came the progressive feel when they came out with the cpillow album... guess their influences had the chance to come out na... their novelty really was their witty, catchy lyrics, as far as im concerned. :)

i love E'heads and I don't feel embarassed to say that once I was a semi-groupie. I was in highschool then and one day my friends and I decided to be absent for a day from our graduation practice to watch one of their mall shows nearby. Back then I already liked them but not that much yet considering the fact that they were already popular at that time. Anyway, one of our batchmates has a tita who has a high postion in the mall so they allowed us to be infront whereas the others couldn't even get in. There was quite a commotion because the crowd was geting unruly and I could still remember Ely Buendia asking the people to behave because my batchmates and I were infront and we were being pushed towards the stage. He said na dahan dahan daw coz may mga babae infront. That was really sweet and thoughtful of him.

One of my batchmates' mom worked ( probaly still does) for BMG records and thus I got hold of Ely's pager and landline number in their house in Las Pinas. one time I called him up days before our graduation asking him if he could sing me a song on the phone

( geesh... kapalmuks ako nun)and he did. he sang With A Smile. At first he was trying to get out of singing a song for me and he was saying after our graduation day na lang daw but I was a pesky kid and I also wanted to be sure it was Ely that I was talking to. :lol: sigh... i was kilig. And then in college, he himself actually called me up! I was so ecstatic. I was studying for our prelims ( i was a college freshman) and I paged Ely asking him if they will have a show in our college because that's what i heard through the grapevine. I told him I was wondering what happened and if he could call me up. Then I gave him my number. My friend was also in the house at that time but it has been hours but still no call from him so I gave up on it. I realized it wasn't possible anyway that he would bother to call me up. Then at about 5 in the afternoon I heard the phone rang. I suddenly got excited and I even looked at the clock to see what time it was. I wanted to remember in case it was him. Then a few seconds later, I was told that the phone call is for me and that the caller is a guy! When I answered, it was indeed Ely Buendia. He explained to me how their show in our college is still in the works and they aren't really sure if it will push through.

All in all I got to talk to Ely about five times. I knew he would only drop by their house in Las Pinas every once in a while. Later on they changed their number ( probably coz of me and may kakulitan...hehehehe!)

I love E'heads talga. I love their songs and I am so impressed with the lyrics and the nostalgia each of their songs evoke. :wub: :)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah... this really brings back memories way back in college... its so nice to reminisce those days with their songs. i have circus and cutterpillow original complete scratchless audio CDs and i'm really leaning on buying the anthology. baka me gusto sa inyo bumili ng circus / cutterpillow bebenta ko nalang para may pambilii ako nung anthology...

Whoa! Nostalgia! The very first time I saw this band was in 1992 "Vision of Dredd tour" sa PUP, high school pa lang ako noon... I was a fan eversince...

Pero I heard from the grapevine na walang alam ang mga former members ng band sa mga songs na inilagay sa CD, until they were called and lay out the concept... too bad, pinagkakitaan lang ng BMG ang Eraserheads, because they opted to include those somewhat radio-friendly songs. Kung ang Eraserheads lang ang nasunod I'm sure ang kasamang kanta doon ay yung: "DIBA t#ang%na! NAGMUKHA AKONG TANGA, PINAASA NYA LANG AKO, LETCHENG PAG-IBIG TO!"

Salamat Eheads!!! sa inyong musikang laging kinagigiliwan

Salamat Eheads!!! Binuksan nyo ang pinto ng iba pang underground music para makilala at umangat sa mainstream music.

Salamat Eheads!!! Nakilala na naman ang pinoy sa mundo ng MTV Awards

Salamat Eheads!!! ang 90's ay naging makulay at magalaw

Salamat Eheads!!! Sa mga kanta nyon tamang tama sa takbo ng tao

Salamat eheads!!! sa mga album nyo kami ay may collections

Saludo kami sa inyo!!!! naway may pagkakataon na mabuo ulit ang dati nyong mga miyembro na talaga naman patok na patok sa mga kabataan at sa mga matatanda na rin.

Mabuhay kayo!!!

i love E'heads and I don't feel embarassed to say that once I was a semi-groupie.

I love E'heads talga. I love their songs and I am so impressed with the lyrics and the nostalgia each of their songs evoke. :wub: :)

Thanks for sharing LM. The Eheads are following the Beatles' path more than ever. People who experienced their era always have anecdotes or memories to share. Everyone has their version of "I first heard Eheads when...". :)

Nice bands you can listen to.

Good bands you remember their songs.

Awesome bands touch you with their music.

Now the truly great bands like the Eheads, they become a part of your life. Coloring it with music and adding a soundtrack to your memories.

Pero I heard from the grapevine na walang alam ang mga former members ng band sa mga songs na inilagay sa CD, until they were called and lay out the concept... too bad, pinagkakitaan lang ng BMG ang Eraserheads, because they opted to include those somewhat radio-friendly songs. Kung ang Eraserheads lang ang nasunod I'm sure ang kasamang kanta doon ay yung: "DIBA t#ang%na! NAGMUKHA AKONG TANGA, PINAASA NYA LANG AKO, LETCHENG PAG-IBIG TO!"

sali mo pa yung "AKO AY NABUBURAT NA"