Best It Profession In The Market

If you want a high paying work regarding Cisco then pursue a CCIE certification, quite expensive but the reward is great.

I do agree..ok ang CCIE..ok din ang Network Security since uso na din naman ang Network Security ngayon.

Ako lang ata ang Netwrok Engineer na hindi bayad ng maayos.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree..ok ang CCIE..ok din ang Network Security since uso na din naman ang Network Security ngayon.

Ako lang ata ang Netwrok Engineer na hindi bayad ng maayos.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Try to apply at Lawson, Verizon, HP. Those companies pay good for network peeps, but be sure you are Cisco Certified, they give heavy priority on certifications kse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depende sa gusto mo. Ako personally, I think the career I'm pursuing is something I can do for the next 10 years.

I'm a game programmer and salary is pretty much up par to other software development firms whether locally or internationally. Locally, maliit talaga, pero sa abroad, malaki. Sa europe, I heard they give a minimum of 30K GBP annually (Mga 205k per month) for starting game programmers. Sa mga Technical Directors, mga double that price (Say about 410k PHP per month). Kung enthusiast ka talaga sa gaming, after office hours usually may mga LAN parties kayo lagi 1 to sawa sa office.

• 1 month later...

Sys Admin (AS400, Windows, UNIX, LINUX) ok ba salary nito? anyone? Thanks.

I'm a Data Center Engineer in a Semi-con Company. and planning to become a Sys Ad Someday, pro parang gusto ko din mag Net admin, kaso it will take time kasi need pa ng certification, at mababawasan pa ung ipon ko hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sys Admin (AS400, Windows, UNIX, LINUX) ok ba salary nito? anyone? Thanks.

I'm a Data Center Engineer in a Semi-con Company. and planning to become a Sys Ad Someday, pro parang gusto ko din mag Net admin, kaso it will take time kasi need pa ng certification, at mababawasan pa ung ipon ko hehe.

I am doing Systems Administration on SuSE Linux. That depends on the company. On my end, the pay is reasonable. I don't love money so kuntento na ako. :D

• 2 weeks later...
whatever happened to kissing_bandit2's proofs? any update? im seriously into career shift from finance into IT and would love to earn Php2M a month or Php24M a year by learning SAP. What I will do is just work for 2 years then retire.

Suntok sa buwan ang pangarap mo tol... No one will give you a salary like that... Pang General Manager ang gusto mong sahod

im a network engineer with Verizon Business... pay is good as compared to those that local telcos have to offer for the same post...

came from a call center that handled managed services for a US telco... non ccna certified but with a lil know how in networks and WAN troubleshooting...

anybody wanna try their luck in applying with Verizon Business... send me a message... :)

• 1 month later...

About Salaries, depende yun sa supply and demand. Kung mataas ang supply at mababa ang demand, mababa ang offer na rate. Kung mataas ang demand at mababa ang demand, tumataas ang offer na rate.

Depende rin yun sa market at sa pag pasok ng mga new IT companies who have a high capacity to pay compensation. Last 2007 nagkaron ng biglang pagtaas ng salary ranges dahil dumami ang mga outsourced projects d2 sa pinas. Isa rin sa mga reason ay dahil may isang IT company (i wont mention the name) na sobrang aggressive kung maghire at magoffer ng sweldo. Napilitan tuloy ung ibang IT companies na sumabay.

Ngayun medyo nagstabilize na ung mga salary ranges partly because of the recession and partly because ung mga companies hinde na masyadong naghahire ngayun.

Guys if you really want to verify the salary ranges of IT positions, you may want to check out Jobstreet Salary Report. Medyo rough ang estimates nila but they have a good database for salaries.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're willing to go abroad, then Linux, preferably RHCE is your way for a Sys Ad post. A CCNP cert is very attractive to employers, especially with the above average difficulty of getting it, add to that is experience. KMA if you're a braindumps certified CCNP LOL!

I don't know with you people, do you even think ganun kadali kumuha ng CCIE??? It costs over 75k php, not to mention, cisco will never shoulder your expenses for the trip to California or SG to take the Laboratory exam. Most takers couldn't make it on the first try. People, clear your facts, you make cisco certs look weak. In the Philippines, only 26 people are CCIE certified, and those are only CCIE R&S, which is the basic CCIE certification. I am being defensive kasi, you make it sound like cisco certs are "easy" certs

Source: Cisco Certified CCIEs

Edited by polofalltrades
  • 2 months later...

Corrupt government officials: amount(It depends sa position) perks: wala tax ang ninakaw mo kasi tax na un, sikat ka, minsan considered as "bayani" ka pa or "mabait at matulungin" at minsan pa "makabayan" not to mention the titles "Honorable, commisioner, General, judge, atbp", yearly lumalaki ang kita depende kung gaano ka kalakas sa mga mas corrupt pa sa iyo.

Cons: pwede ka makulong(ok lang e-papardon ka naman eh), ndi ka maka2log sa gabi(if may consensya ka pa), dependent ka din sa mga mas corrupt pa sa iyo, dapat manalo sa eleksyon (ok lang hindi naman wise voters ang masa, basta sikat panalo na), at syempre naka serve ka na sa hotel ni hudas

• 2 months later...

Another thing to consider in taking an IT career is the technology base of your skill. If your skill is technology-based take into consideration the market value of the technology and possibility of that particular technology to became "phased out" or "saturated." Example, there are technologies before (90s) like networking skills and vb that pays much but now (due to saturation of those skills) doesnt pay much.

• 5 weeks later...

I want to go back in the IT industry say COBOL/ Mainframe due to financial institution is still using it and I'm on my 30's and I think there is a demand on this one especially if I try to apply on the BPO companies. Is it too late already? Or Java, PHP, MS certification na lang.

TSR kasi ako right now..

Need advise.. thanks.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Anu po mas ok na System Administration in terms of SALARY, CHALLENGE, DEGREE of DIFFICULTY?

1.) UNIX / LINUX

2.) WINDOWS

3.) LOTUS NOTES

Paki sabi na din po bakit? Salamat po..

Linux in terms of salary, pati sa dificulty... thought very expensive ang mga Cert if you want to pursue yung Architect Cert for Redhat. may cost you almost a Million to complete the cert.

Linux in terms of salary, pati sa dificulty... thought very expensive ang mga Cert if you want to pursue yung Architect Cert for Redhat. may cost you almost a Million to complete the cert.

pero in terms of Demand. mas madaming Company ang gumagamit ng windows. pero once you got the Architect Cert. Maraming Company and Magkakandarapa syo.. FYI as of the Moment there are only 7 Redhat Certified Acrchitect in South East Asia. and Isa lang and Pinoy.. at wala sya sa Pilipinas.. nsa Singapore sya.