When my Thera and I decided to enter into a relationship, we mutually and jokingly agreed to have one until there was a pandemic. After times past, one year and entering the second year, the relationship was turning seriously. As if, the times together that was spent exclusively and alone during the lockdowns made us closer and had more intimate times together. Going into the third year, with the easing out of restrictions and opening of the economy, the relationship was slightly turning to change. The split personality of my Thera "jowa" started to creep in again. Whether for financial or emotional or her true person coming alive again, we slowly drifted apart in the last two months, until absolutely no communication between us as of todate. I guess she found work again that will satisfy all her needs and myself finding my freedom and space again to face my whole new world. I feel great and I weathered this pandemic very well.

I'd say it was good until it lasted.

Edited by Howdy Doody
  • Winner! (+1) 1
2 hours ago, selosa said:

I should try this..

FOCUS on yourself, how can you get better??

take a new hobby, workout more, do some youtube travel videos..

anything to keep you busy and I am sure that guy will get back at you if he knew how happy you have been without him..

whether you take him again or not is another story!

you can only do so much ...you can only give so much . ung tipong isusubo mo na lang ibibigay mo pa sa kanya.

una siya sa lahat para sa iyo. ngayon naman unahin mo ang sarili mo. love yourself and gain that self respect again .

• Winner! (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1
On 2/20/2022 at 7:10 AM, Howdy Doody said:

When my Thera and I decided to enter into a relationship, we mutually and jokingly agreed to have one until there was a pandemic. After times past, one year and entering the second year, the relationship was turning seriously. As if, the times together that was spent exclusively and alone during the lockdowns made us closer and had more intimate times together. Going into the third year, with the easing out of restrictions and opening of the economy, the relationship was slightly turning to change. The split personality of my Thera "jowa" started to creep in again. Whether for financial or emotional or her true person coming alive again, we slowly drifted apart in the last two months, until absolutely no communication between us as of todate. I guess she found work again that will satisfy all her needs and myself finding my freedom and space again to face my whole new world. I feel great and I weathered this pandemic very well.

I'd say it was good until it lasted.

Yeah, it was good while it lasted. Thats the beauty of those relationships, you feel them keenly until there is nothing left to feel since more often than not they wont really be built on a foundation that lasts. Fun is fun until its done.  

• Winner! (+1) 1

It's gonna be a year in about two weeks time. During that time, I have all these cliches - focus on your daughter, get something to pre-occupy your time, focus on improving yourself. I did that, and I still am, and I am true to myself when I say it like that.

There's just things in this world that won't go away just like that. She was my world. Our marriage wasn't perfect, but nobody else was. She had shortcomings, but I had my ample share of shortcomings as well. I built my world around her for the past decade, and in a matter of a week, this stupid virus took her away from me, just like that.

I feel like I'm caught between the "focus and love yourself" and "she was my world". Last year was the worst year of my life, but here I stand. There were countless nights of tears that I tried to stop. There were countless days that I had to hide in a room when breaking down. There's just this feeling of regret that maybe, I could've done more to quell the situation she was in then, and then maybe, we could've been enjoying the quiet life we envisioned then.

Now, I gotta live the rest of my life without you. The "mall dates even when we're 70" plans back then won't be a reality for the rest of my life. It'll be a year but I feel like I'm still not completely, note: completely, over the tragedy.

I will love you always. Keep smiling up there. In several decades time, I hope we meet up there and rekindle that love we had all these years. I can't go yet, I need to see to it that our daughter grows up a strong independent woman. Till then...

• Sad (+1) 1

Disconnect and try new things para makalimot. I recently heard that being broken is a powerful thing. Kase sa sobrang down mo wala ka nang ibabagaak pa and you have lots of energy that needs to be released. So pwede mo siyang gamitin to make yourself a better person and you will also have the courage to do things you're afraid of kase nga wala nang mawawala.

It's just a matter of choice kung gusto mo magmukmok and magstay sa kung nasaan ka ngayon or you can release you emotions to make yourself a better person.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, rednblack said:

how to move on if alam mong ayaw mo na dahil hindi na tama. kaso hinahabol kapa?

immediately tell that person na ayaw mo na and explain clearly why. Then cut all connections or if kaya niya/niyo, try be just friends. I think it's much better kesa naman hayaan mo lang siyang habulin ka at umasa na baka may chance pa if that person keep pursuing you. Atleast mas madali siya makamove on kasi alam niya na wala na siyang chance sayo and alam niya yung dahilan. Breaking that person's heart instantly is better than breaking her heart slowly.

7 hours ago, SnoozySnoozy said:

How to move on with no closure? 😔

Under different circumstances, it would've been PERFECT. Minahal ko talaga eh. 

Suddenly, ghosted. 

Maybe it really is the right love, but at the wrong time.. 💔 Never easy.

hirap naman nito :( hindi mo sure kung dapat ka pa bang kumapit kasi baka may chance pa na bumalik siya or bibitaw ka na kasi wala na palang dapat asahan. Pero since mahal mo mahirap din bumitaw 💔

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Read a lot of articles online and what really worked is to write a letter to her about what I’m feeling, I don’t send them though. Got me to realize that I am sorry for hurting her, finally identified the reasons why I loved her, and the reasons our relationship had to end. 

As sir @KID FIGHTERsaid, " love yourself more than you love anyone else".

No point in prolonging the agony. It's easy to compartmentalize the hurt and never think about it.

Something only hurts you if you let it. You need not fear/feel the pain. Your brain will adapt and that will be the start of a new you. Sadness is an emotion like anger, you just need to control it. 

Maybe I make it sound simple but if you try it will become easy.

47 minutes ago, socratesaristotle said:

As sir @KID FIGHTERsaid, " love yourself more than you love anyone else".

No point in prolonging the agony. It's easy to compartmentalize the hurt and never think about it.

Something only hurts you if you let it. You need not fear/feel the pain. Your brain will adapt and that will be the start of a new you. Sadness is an emotion like anger, you just need to control it. 

Maybe I make it sound simple but if you try it will become easy.

Spoken with a bared chest. Salamat sa honesty comrade . Such candor. And if I may say a brave act of self admission too.

Shouldn't we all be moving on to better things ? "No point in prolonging the agony" . Your brain will adapt and that will be the start of a new you. Sadness is an emotion like anger, you just need to control it. Maybe I make it sound simple but if you try it will become easy.

Truly well said . Those words should be echoing in the mental chambers of your mind. Bouncing back and forth until by some faint chance it will stick and HOLD TRUE.

We all know it's hard to move on from things that we love but if it has shunned you and  doesn't love you back ...move on talaga.

Lets stop being delusional . Lets not hope of winning back all that was  lost. Lets not force ourselves on people who wont ever love us because of what happened in the past. But before we move on ... let's admit our mistakes and apologize to the ones we have hurt. At least that . AT LEAST THAT.

And comrade ... in so doing hopefully be at peace with yourself. The peace we ALL deserve .

Edited by FF
  • Winner! (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, courtesanhunter said:

mahirap dyan kapag kinailangan mo na paulit ulit na lang na mag move on. nandun yung pakiramdam na ang malas malas mo at tsaka yung takot na baka maulit lang ulit yung hindi magandang karanasan sa hinaharap.

felt this, parang masasabi mo, bakit yung iba parang napaka swerte sa lovelofe