Home /private Gyms

i used to live in de castro pasig in a boarding house... and sa baba me home gym sila. They have bench presses, lat pull downs, leg press machines... and dumbbells. i used to workout there kasiconvenient... the people who workout there are yung mga anak ng landlady namin na pulis, the neighborhood guys, yun lang... and its cheap, 25 pesos lang session and u can wrkout any time.. yun nga lang dami lamok... hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im one of those few people who would prefer working out alone. i hate distraction from other people (people who would use a certain equipment and would really take their time on that particular equipment, chit-chatting with others... that really pisses me off)... i do have a home gym: bench, dumbells, and a barbell i use for bench pressing and squating. the drawback is i dont have a machine i can use for pullups or lat machine pulldowns. i also would often find it that i dont have enough plates to use... so thats it... right now, my friend invited me to try gold's gym for one month. i applied for the 1 month membership at 1,800 (convergys employee promotion) and will try working out on wednesday (alone or with my officemate who invited me).

• 2 months later...
Guys, sino sa sa inyo ang may home gym/private gym? Do you invite some people over?

I have my own gym at home; friends are welcome if they want to, of course. It's not much--adjustable bench, barbell, plates, lat machine (with high and low pulleys), leg extension/curl and dumbbells. I used to have a treadmill and stationary bike, but gave them away since they're taking up space (and I don't use them often, unlike my barbell and bench). I also have some dumbbells in our room--for those times you need a quick fix, hehe!

Edited by Lord Zagato

I have a home gym... I bought my equiptment after I got some good paychecks from partime modelling jobs from college. I've got a heavy duty bench press / inclune bench, a few sets of barbells and dumbells, a lat machine, a leg extension machine, a squat rack and a sit-up board. Only thing missing is a machine for cardio. I convered our den to a gym, and it's even got airconditioning.

I was able to use my home gym for a good 6 months. Yup, just 6 months. Back then, my friends would come over, we'd turn on some good music and work out. Then everyone got busy with their studies or their work and I was usually alone working out. :( I found it hard sticking to my program, having no spotter on heavy days. Thats when I went back to gym clubs.

Now, I call my homegym "vacuum cleaner" because they are collecting dust. I still work out actively, but not at home. It's not the chitchats, socializing, or anyting else I'm after. I workout seriously, and it helps that you have peers (serious work out people too) to encourage you, be workout partners, and give you tips.

Lesson learned? When you have money to invest, invest on membership in a good gym. Nothing to maintain, and you have better fun working out.

Mga pare, i'm looking for a boarding house with a private gym o kaya something like a gym basta me bench press, squats and a couple of dumbells. Mas convenient kasi sa akin na after magworkout, diretso na sa kwarto to get changed. When i was working in the province yung tinutuluyan na boarding house is owned by a military man. Mayroon siyang bench press and other basic ones. He works out there atsaka yung mga anak niya. Doon it frees me from the hassle of changing into workout clothes, kahit naka shorts ka lang ok na. If you can help me find a gym na same ang setting post lang kayo dito.. tnx

Pre, san m ba gusto tumira? if you are near de castro pasig, there's one sa dati na tinutuluyan ko na boarding house.. it's located sa ilang ilang street, just one block away from the street enetering de castro. Hanapin mo si mrs balog... me tindahan sila sa harap at may billards sa 2nd floor. the boarding house is located sa likod, nung umalis ako, 2500 yung rent including light and water.. pero tiis ka rin sa init at sa mga insekto (daga, ipis at lamok).. yung gym naman, 25 per session ewan ko lang ngayn kung magkano na... maliit lang siya pero me flat at incline press, leg pressdown machine, lat pulldown, pull up bar, mga dumb bells. The place gets crowded pag gabi, at most mga anim na tao mostly students at out of school youth. Since it's kind of a home gym, no instructor and no rules.. so you won't be hassled changing into workout clothes. Yung mga nagbubuhat tinatanggal lang yung damit pantaas nila and work out na. Kaya minsan me mga pawis sa equipment at nag aamoy BO...hehehe... kung ok lang sayo yun, alang problema.

Mga pare, i'm looking for a boarding house with a private gym o kaya something like a gym basta me bench press, squats and a couple of dumbells. Mas convenient kasi sa akin na after magworkout, diretso na sa kwarto to get changed. When i was working in the province yung tinutuluyan na boarding house is owned by a military man. Mayroon siyang bench press and other basic ones. He works out there atsaka yung mga anak niya. Doon it frees me from the hassle of changing into workout clothes, kahit naka shorts ka lang ok na. If you can help me find a gym na same ang setting post lang kayo dito.. tnx
Runningbull, do you have any plans of selling your equipment?

Lord Zagato,

I was planning on selling them before.. Only problem is that I already moved to Makati and have not visited our old house for a long time. If there is an interested buyer, finding a schedule to bring him to see the equiptment might be a hassle.

The equptment are good quality, though. I got most of them at Pro-Gym in QC. I just can't say for sure on the condition now, as I haven't checked on them for a long time.

No Equipment? No Problem

check this out

here's an explanation of the exercises from www.rosstraining.com

Video Overview

The Home Gym video provides readers with some ideas for strength and conditioning workouts. The movements from this clip are not meant to serve as a complete workout. The video simply offers readers with ideas to liven up their own workouts.

Refer to Video Clip Logic for more information.

The Specifics

This video starts with a standing wheel rollout, using 2 homemade double-wheels. I constructed these rollers from a pair of 6-inch lawnmower tires. I connected the tires with a 10-inch hex bolt (1/2-inch thick). I secured the two wheels in place with small hose clamps. I then wrapped duct tape around the handle (in between the two wheels). The duct tape added to the thickness of the handle. All of the materials for this homemade tool were purchased at Home Depot. It will cost approximately $10 to $15 to construct this tool.

The video then shows a partial one-arm rollout. The second wheel provides assistance towards the end of the rollout. The second wheel also assists with the reversal of direction from rolling out, back to rolling to the standing position.

The video then shows a full one-arm rollout. This is a challenging movement, which requires much more than a strong core. The shoulders, arms, and upper back will also play a significant role.

The next movement is a double clap pushup, with the second clap taking place behind the back. A triple clap pushup can also be performed. A video demo of the triple clap pushup is available within this article.

Next, two explosive pull-up exercises are demonstrated. These movements will require coordination, body awareness, timing, and hand speed.

If no pull-up bar is available, you can perform pull-ups from a tree branch. This variation is seen next.

The video then shifts gears to the lower body. We start with the one leg squat.

Lateral jumps are seen next. This exercise is excellent for the development of reactive strength within the lower body. View the surface as red-hot, moving side-to-side as fast as possible.

A standing long jump is seen next, with the addition of a quick turn-around. This movement requires more coordination than the traditional long jump. Upon landing, you must immediately turn around and reverse the effort. Keep moving at a brisk pace, minimizing ground contact after each land.

Lastly, a backwards band sprint is demonstrated, utilizing a strong band from Jump Stretch Inc. Band sprints can be performed frontward, backwards, or side-to-side. These sprints are ideal for indoor conditioning workouts.

Lord Zagato,

I was planning on selling them before.. Only problem is that I already moved to Makati and have not visited our old house for a long time. If there is an interested buyer, finding a schedule to bring him to see the equiptment might be a hassle.

The equptment are good quality, though. I got most of them at Pro-Gym in QC. I just can't say for sure on the condition now, as I haven't checked on them for a long time.

Pro Gym is good. My adjustable bench is Pro Gym and I had it since 1990; it's still in very good condition, even if at times I don't use it. So I would think your equipment there is still in good condition. Hopefully you'll find the time, as I am interested in getting them (or at least some of them).

Right you are, mate. I shopped around before I bought them and found them much much better than those found on most sporting goods stores. I had a pretty good gym, but now it's really just more convenient for me to work out in a gym club.

Maybe what I can do is to bring my digicam the next time I get the chance to go home to our old house and take pics. That way we both save time.

salamat pre, perfect nga yung setting na ganun pero i'm planning to stay sa cubao.. anyone here na me alam na place na similar sa sinabi ni JesusF?

Pre, san m ba gusto tumira? if you are near de castro pasig, there's one sa dati na tinutuluyan ko na boarding house.. it's located sa ilang ilang street, just one block away from the street enetering de castro. Hanapin mo si mrs balog... me tindahan sila sa harap at may billards sa 2nd floor. the boarding house is located sa likod, nung umalis ako, 2500 yung rent including light and water.. pero tiis ka rin sa init at sa mga insekto (daga, ipis at lamok).. yung gym naman, 25 per session ewan ko lang ngayn kung magkano na... maliit lang siya pero me flat at incline press, leg pressdown machine, lat pulldown, pull up bar, mga dumb bells. The place gets crowded pag gabi, at most mga anim na tao mostly students at out of school youth. Since it's kind of a home gym, no instructor and no rules.. so you won't be hassled changing into workout clothes. Yung mga nagbubuhat tinatanggal lang yung damit pantaas nila and work out na. Kaya minsan me mga pawis sa equipment at nag aamoy BO...hehehe... kung ok lang sayo yun, alang problema.