How To Increase Your Height

invictus2000

that's the concept of DISTRACTION OSTEOGENESIS...literally, it new bone formation with distraction.

as what was said in the earlier posts, the long bones (Femur, Tibia) are literally broken/fractured and then slowly pulled apart (around 1 mm per day). This very slow process allows the fracture site to form a regenerate (new bone) thus allowing lengthening. After distraction osteogenesis and after achieving the desired length, the REGENERATE is then allowed to harden like any other fracture before the ILIZAROV FIXATOR is removed.

Hope this sheds some light into the topic...

---------------------

My eldest son, age 21 is approving of the idea of using this procedure to make himself taller. I nearly jumped out the top floor window when he told me it entailed breaking his bones just to have his capricious satisfaction of trying to grow taller! I told him it sounded to me like starving a person almost at the point of death just to have the satisfaction of letting him rebuild his appetite so he eats like a normal human being!!! There has to be some pathological basis in that trend of thinking! These technologies were devised never with the intent of cosmetic capriciousness. It was intent to cure people of some abnormal problem that was harmful to their general health... to treat the technology in this kind of riffraff fashion is atrocious and should never be tolerated by the Orthopedic Surgical Community....my 2 Cents on this.....

• 5 months later...

try running. nag-iimprove kasi ang posture pag tumatakbo ka. take note, takbo hindi jog. pag jog kasi, lazy ang movement.

kung nasa skwela ka, sali ka track team o kaya PE na track.

or hanap ka sa net ng proper running rudiment.

try running. nag-iimprove kasi ang posture pag tumatakbo ka. take note, takbo hindi jog. pag jog kasi, lazy ang movement.

kung nasa skwela ka, sali ka track team o kaya PE na track.

or hanap ka sa net ng proper running rudiment.

• 4 weeks later...
just stand up with a straight back. i myself am a 6"2' guy but you know, people always remind me to straighten my back when i'm standing kasi medyo nakukuba kasi maliliit friends ko.

mas maganda ang tindig ng tao pag hindi kuba. makikita din dun ang confidence mo and how you handle yourself. :) :)

:thumbsupsmiley: good posture really makes you look tall

• 3 weeks later...

yes, having the right posture means confidence and feeling good about yourself can make you look tall. But for those who's not yet 21 and over, what you can do is stretch. I am 6'2" and i stopped growing when i was about 17, then i played organized basketball again at 19 then i grew another 2" in just 6 months...

Full body stretching, put emphasis on the back and the legs... thats the secret.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how about the GLOXI?

Once the growth areas of the bones have closed at the end of adolescence, there is NO CHANCE for any kind of medication to induce growth. Only surgery can be done to increase height once the growth plates are closed in the adult skeleton. The link to the Russian height increase system shows the Method of Ilizarov which is bone transport technique initially developed to lengthen bones in patients who have deficiency in length due to trauma, infection or congenital abnormality (and it is actually being performed for these kinds of cases in our country by a few orthopedic surgeons who specialized in its use) and it has been used in height improvement abroad. I wouldn't recommend it, though, for people who wish to undergo it for purely cosmetic reasons because the amount of possible complications may far outweigh the benefits of an inch or two of height improvement. I mean, this is a surgical procedure with all the possible complications attributed to surgery. Plus the fact that the patient will be in a ring-type external fixator (take a look at the picture in the link - that is for real - a ring shaped external device will be attached to wires threaded through the bone) which will be manipulated for several months, depending on the length of improvement needed and will probably be worn by the patient for about a year. Infection of the pins are not unheard of. Uncontrolled infections, while quite rare for this type of procedure, may result in the limb being cut off in the worst case scenario.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

genetics is the root cause of most people concerned with height-problems. only a subset of the population have endocrine or hormonal causes. if you're confident of youirself, then your height is the least of your problems.

Yes it's in your genetics.. Kung pandak ka talaga wala kna magagawa don.. Blame it with

your parents or grandparents,he he he :lol:

• 2 months later...

---------------------

My eldest son, age 21 is approving of the idea of using this procedure to make himself taller. I nearly jumped out the top floor window when he told me it entailed breaking his bones just to have his capricious satisfaction of trying to grow taller! I told him it sounded to me like starving a person almost at the point of death just to have the satisfaction of letting him rebuild his appetite so he eats like a normal human being!!! There has to be some pathological basis in that trend of thinking! These technologies were devised never with the intent of cosmetic capriciousness. It was intent to cure people of some abnormal problem that was harmful to their general health... to treat the technology in this kind of riffraff fashion is atrocious and should never be tolerated by the Orthopedic Surgical Community....my 2 Cents on this.....

I agree with you completely regarding doing this procedure for purely cosmetic reasons. People who would undergo Ilizarov Fixation and distraction osteogenesis still have to undergo a stringent psychological screening to be able to see if they are good candidates for the procedure. As of this time, I have yet to see any SANE orthopedic surgeon who would perform this procedure for such a very flimsy indication...adding my two cents to yours!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just want to share somethin in this old thread :)

A normal person generally has 2 growth spurts, one during infancy and the other during puberty. After puberty, the bones' epiphyseal plates close, which would prevent any further bone growth. Female puberty starts and ends earlier, at around age 18, while male puberty may last up to age 21. To sum it all up, your height, after puberty, is your final maximum height.

Posture makes a lot of difference in the perception of height; although a good posture may only increase your height by a few centimeters, the general visual impact of a good posture will make a person seem A LOT taller. Then there is the infamous Ilizarov method, which is, in a nutshell, damages you leg bones in specific points while applying traction on the bones to allow it to grow during the process of bone healing. Be warned though, this procedure is notoriously dangerous and could end to amputation if not done appropriately or if complications arise.

Hope it helps :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...