Samsung Mobile

Mga bro, ok ba gamitin ung bago ng samsung - Galaxy S ( Android phone din sya )?

Planning to buy rather than IPhone 4g..

Thanks for the feedbacks.

just got the samsung captivate yesterday (version ng galaxy s for at&t).yup, andriod sya. really nice phone, nothing negative to say about it so far. pinagpilian ko ang Iphone 4 or samsung, since galing ako sa iphone 3gs, mas pinili ko yung samsung para maiba lang.

just got the samsung captivate yesterday (version ng galaxy s for at&t).yup, andriod sya. really nice phone, nothing negative to say about it so far. pinagpilian ko ang Iphone 4 or samsung, since galing ako sa iphone 3gs, mas pinili ko yung samsung para maiba lang.

update lang

mga napasin ko after 5 days of using the samsung captivate (galaxy s):

- yung buttons nya sa ibaba ... medyo di sensitive, kaya minsan kailangan touch mo sya 2x or more. no way to adjust the sensitivity

- yung ring nya, yung mga 1st few notes medyo mahina after a sec dun sya lalakas

both are really not a deal breaker for me, pero sa simula nakaka-annoy, later di mo na mapapansin (at least for me).

Got a Samsung Monte today. Libre sa Smart for Plan 1200. Mas madali ito gamitin kaysa Omnia Lite. I need a Windows phone for work so I keep the Omnia Lite, which is really a nice phone except for the half-baked SMS/Text app. Problema lang siguro sa Monte walang full-screen QWERTY keyboard pag naka landscape orientation. Pero okey lang, mas madali pa rin gamitin ang layout ng keypad nito. My problem now is: I like to use the Monte for phone & messaging, but I need the smart phone capabilities of the Omnia Lite. Maybe I should just sell both and get a full-fledged Omnia II? I never liked the idea of spending 5 digits on a phone. Parang laptop na itong binibili ko haha.

B) anyone tried the samsung galaxy s i9000...im planning to purchase one depending on its competitiveness with the iphone 4...feedbacks on this... B)

the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 / Captivate SGH-i897 compared sa iphone 3g(my old phone) .. samsung wins hands down.

yung iphone 4, nung na test ko sya sa store, mabilis, sleek ang design both ng screen and yung external ng phone, pag hinawakan mo, di sya feeling laruan like other phones. yung sample sa store walang problem sa antenna (di ko ma replicate yung problem, di ko alam kung may ginawa sila para di lumabas yung problem or not), yung proximity sensor problem nung na try ko, 1 out of 10 times problema sya( using a friends phone, pero we were trying to replicate yung problem kaya di ko alam kung valid para sa yo). sabi nila madalas mag drop ng calls

yung samsung, maganda screen (sabi nila, kung text babasahin mo better ang iphone 4, pag movies mas ok samsung, pero ako i prefer yung samsung overall), malaki ang screen, magandang ang fit sa kamay (my opinion), marami kang mababago sa itsura ng screen mo compared sa iphone, may bug ang gps (di sya kasing accurate ng iphone gps). i got my phone nung release date pero never pa ako na dropped call.

kung ang gusto mong phone is yung pagbukas mo ng box, wala ka ng gagalawin for the rest of the phone's life(medyo exaggerated pero you get the picture), choose iphone 4

kung ikaw yung taong every week gusto mong binabago ang look ng screen ng cellphone mo ... get the samsung

• 2 weeks later...

just joined your club by giving away my old iphone to my wife and have my Omnia II. I must say, there's realy a lot of trade-off. Samsung wins hands-down on geeky features like AMOLED screen, great HD sounds, great camera, no-hassle adding up mp3 and video files as easy as drag-n-drop (no need to mess up with itunes), too many features. Yun nga lang, iphone still wins on usability. I really miss iphone's smooth scrooling and ease of use on everything. I still have problems updating them to winmo 6.5 and see what happens.

any idea guys whether it's possible to use Galaxy S' Android firmware on this one? tutal parehas lang ng hardware di ba?

any idea guys whether it's possible to use Galaxy S' Android firmware on this one? tutal parehas lang ng hardware di ba?

Some folks are trying to dual-boot with Android running off the SD card (see Andromnia). But it's not ready for the public and probably never will, so it's safer to just get an Android phone if Windows isn't for you. Micro$oft is trying to overhaul their OS with Windows Phone 7, which is why Motorola has decided to stop production of WM6.x phones until WP7 is launched (but they still use WM6 for their EDA and industrial handsets). I agree medyo naiiwan sa ease of use ang WM6. The new WP7 is supposed to be a lot different. Omnia III will be using WP7.

Some folks are trying to dual-boot with Android running off the SD card (see Andromnia). But it's not ready for the public and probably never will, so it's safer to just get an Android phone if Windows isn't for you. Micro$oft is trying to overhaul their OS with Windows Phone 7, which is why Motorola has decided to stop production of WM6.x phones until WP7 is launched (but they still use WM6 for their EDA and industrial handsets). I agree medyo naiiwan sa ease of use ang WM6. The new WP7 is supposed to be a lot different. Omnia III will be using WP7.

whhatttt??? Omnia III!!! wtf! i should have wait a bit longer, saved some moolahs instead of burning them getting this bit crappy WM6 phone. Now i wonder when will the WPhone 7 will be available and will Omnia 2 can handle this stuff.

Phones, in general, is like marriage. you just quickly jumped into it only to find out there are better versions that will be coming out and make you salivate if you only wait a bit further. grrrrrr

When M$ previewed the WP7 it was running on a Samsung Omnia HD, so I wonder if older phones can be upgraded. They've been issuing prototypes to selected developers and media. You can see a number of unboxing videos on youtube (

and
). The new OS looks totally overhauled. Not very flashy but seems a lot easier to use than WM6. I was contemplating a Samsung Wave because it's cheaper than the Galaxy S, then stumbled upon those WP7 vids.

B) thanks sir...this one helped me a lot in deciding whether to have an iphone or purchase the galaxy s i9000... B)

the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 / Captivate SGH-i897 compared sa iphone 3g(my old phone) .. samsung wins hands down.

yung iphone 4, nung na test ko sya sa store, mabilis, sleek ang design both ng screen and yung external ng phone, pag hinawakan mo, di sya feeling laruan like other phones. yung sample sa store walang problem sa antenna (di ko ma replicate yung problem, di ko alam kung may ginawa sila para di lumabas yung problem or not), yung proximity sensor problem nung na try ko, 1 out of 10 times problema sya( using a friends phone, pero we were trying to replicate yung problem kaya di ko alam kung valid para sa yo). sabi nila madalas mag drop ng calls

yung samsung, maganda screen (sabi nila, kung text babasahin mo better ang iphone 4, pag movies mas ok samsung, pero ako i prefer yung samsung overall), malaki ang screen, magandang ang fit sa kamay (my opinion), marami kang mababago sa itsura ng screen mo compared sa iphone, may bug ang gps (di sya kasing accurate ng iphone gps). i got my phone nung release date pero never pa ako na dropped call.

kung ang gusto mong phone is yung pagbukas mo ng box, wala ka ng gagalawin for the rest of the phone's life(medyo exaggerated pero you get the picture), choose iphone 4

kung ikaw yung taong every week gusto mong binabago ang look ng screen ng cellphone mo ... get the samsung

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone else have a samsung d980? i've had mine for almost a year and i still haven't figured out how to tweak the camera settings. photos taken under good lighting conditions yield excellent photos, but those requiring flash almost always ends up with a bright white or greyish tint. i've tried all combinations for the settings--ISO, flash, etc. but to no avail. i've taken to setting it to "auto" just to save myself the trouble of trying to figure out what else to do.

can anyone help? i feel like such a tech-idiot. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi guys... sino dito meron nun samsung wave 8500? killer ang hardware specs nito, and mejo affordable for a smartphone packed with features. Price range is around 19k when I last checked.

Pero need ko opinion nung mga nakagamit na nito. I am planning to buy this coming year. =p

hi guys... sino dito meron nun samsung wave 8500? killer ang hardware specs nito, and mejo affordable for a smartphone packed with features. Price range is around 19k when I last checked.

Pero need ko opinion nung mga nakagamit na nito. I am planning to buy this coming year. =p

i think this is the model that my wife bought, we're all samsung user, all i can say is samsung spect is better than most and the price is relatively cheap for its spect, so its all good, but the only problem we have is the wifi capability, samsung should focus on this, i have a wifi in our house and all our samsung can't connect to my wifi,

just bought their "samsung" netbook n220 plus (their latest) and can easily connect to my network with no problem, but their cell??? it cant, dont know why but i cant make them connect, i work on the i.t. industry for 14 yrs so i think i know what i'am doing but this problem is a challenging to me :lol: ,

so all praise for samsung except its "wifi" capability

hi pls help...

i want to buy a samsung wave.. maganda ba?

im choosing between samsung spica or samsung wave.

pls help me to decide :ninja:

i had been using samsung wave and i can say its the best value for money.

the phone should cost more than it is. Samsung is just introducing the Bada that is why Wave is so cheap compared to other smart phones.

Nevertheless, it has very good build quality, best hardware around, stunning monitor.