44 replies to this topic

#41 Justinbit

Justinbit

Voyeur

• (01) Lurker
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Hockey

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:11 AM

I have been pondering this question for quite some time and I put it to every who will read this to contribute to my understanding of this particular topic. Where does morality come from?

#42 mamangkantutero

mamangkantutero

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

The more I study the history of Christianity (not just Catholicism, ha, but Christianity in general), the more I'm convinced that hell does not really exist, but is likely an invention created to entice (or scare) people into joining Christianity. ('Yan na muna for today, saka ko na sasabihin yung mga detalye kung bakit.)

#43 Olive&Dust

Olive&Dust

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Is Manila the "gates of hell" with "6-hour traffic jam, suffocating pollution and horryfying sex trade" as described by Dan Brown in his novel "INFERNO"?

Opinions please....

Where should the gates of hell be? How should it look like? Etc...

Art just imitates life. That's if anyone agrees to consider Dan Brown's fiction thriller as a form of art. But regardless of the event, Pinoys can't just take the sad reality that depicts especially in a foreigner's work or in Brown's novel.

Citing the phrase being used in his book "gates of hell', and in religious context based on the scripture Matthew 16:18, a message by Jesus to Peter "...on this rock, I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it" was mainly metaphorical.

Now if one asks where should the "gates of hell' be? How should it look like? Well, you may try to look up the concept of "underworld". It can be found in every civilization and "may be as old as humanity itself". ;)

• SiLvErClAw likes this

#44 Unwritten

Unwritten

Work In Progress

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1010 posts
  • Interests:The principle of beauty in all things, and if I have time I would make myself remembered. - JK

Things to fill the pages of the book of my life and make it a bestseller!

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

IMHO It's everywhere there's pain and suffering. And it seems more gates
open up everyday.

Edited by Unwritten, 25 May 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#45 glyr

glyr

Season of Mist

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3893 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

IMHO It's everywhere there's pain and suffering. And it seems more gates
open up everyday.

Same sentiments with the GM above.

"The Gates of Hell" is what you think of it - your work, your day, your love life, etc. All the pain and suffering. But if you see it in a different perspective, an optimistic & positive outlook, if you extricate yourself from the situation or if someone saved you, you'll see that there's no gate at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users