Your First Million - Inspirational Stories

Gross ba ung 1 Million for this thread? Kung savings, nasa below 30% palang ako. But I grossed $25k (P1,150,000) from March 2006 to March 2007. I'm a Freelance Web Developer, 24 yrs old.

Now for the inspiring part. I don't believe that your work/business should be about money. Although money matters, it shouldn't be your primary goal.

First you must identify your strengths, your talents, and your weaknesses. By knowing yourself more, you will be able to see yourself in the future albeit a little bit bleak in the beginning. Seeing yourself means identifying your mission in life. Your mission in life is something that when accomplished, death wouldn't look frightening to you anymore. For me, the best mission in life is something that transcends yourself, something that is selfless and driven by love.

Now if money is what you need to accomplish your mission, then go for money. But remember that your mission is always number one. Having money as your primary goal will lead you into an empty and meaningless life(a wisdom coming from the elders).

With your mission as your motivation, you will be ready and happy to face everything that comes your way. Your eyes will open to opportunities everywhere you look. You will be able to bring out your innermost strengths and minimize the effect of your weaknesses. Every step, whether it be trials or blessings, will always be meaningful. This positive outlook in life will attract money and almost anything you want and need.

Not all missions need money. There are some that are willing to sacrifice the comforts of life just to accomplish their mission and serve their fellowmen. Their mission cannot be done otherwise and they became great men and women of history.

But of course there are some people who are just lucky. But with luck comes an equal amount of bad luck. They are what they are until their luck wears out. The most important and only true wealth that one can have is his/her character. With this, you will be strong and happy wherever you go, whatever circumstances might be. If you're just lucky but your character is rotten inside, then you're just like a gold plated jewelry, toss it in a fire and it's destroyed. If you have a golden character, whether you're tossed in ice or fire, you will always be a gold and therefore always RICH.

Edited by melancholic
  • 2 months later...

first million na ngayon ...mag trabaho ka lang sa magandang kompanya kaya mo yan , mag abroad ka mas madali.. di mo na kailangan ma mroblema. madali na lang kitain ang 1M.

tumaas na ang level ngayon nasa first 10 million na ngayon ...malapit lapit na rin di ako makapahinga hehehe

wow.. as a youngster i came from a very poor family of 8.. mother is an public elem school teacher and father is a clerk in quezon city.. it was a bit of a surprise even to me when i can only dream of a million bucks if i won the lottery.. luckily for me i dont have to..

after college in UP i ventured into agribusiness with my parents supporting me and after recession and a lot of heart ache my farm grossed 3mil with net income of more or less 1 mil /annum on the 2nd year.. it was very very hard work for me waking up at 3 am and ending my day around 11pm.. sometimes 24 hrs of nonstop work but it really pays.. sold the farm after 1990 and enrolled in a computer class for 1yr

now im into technology having opened my first shop way back in 1993 a computer shop that caters to office sales and training.. im just enjoying myself now with less stressful job and traveling all over ph and hk..

bdw. i was 26 when i opened my first computer shop way back which grossed about 1.5mil/annum and i never intended to be employed by anybody even when i was newly graduate..

I have unofficially reached my first million, more or less 11 years after graduating college. I'm 33 years old. Almost all of the money came from hard work and savings. Pagtitipid at paiipon, brute force kung baga. I'm now learning investing hoping it will grow more and make my money work harder than I do.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me see .......

started working in 1991 as a lowly associate in a law firm ......

..... but if we're talking about one single instance of a one million peso check made out in my name, then that would be in 2004!

..... sa sobrang excited ko, I deposited the check to my current account then issued a 1 million check to myself which I deposited back to my account ..... para lang may souvenir ako of a duly negotiated 1 million check in my name ...... naka-frame sya ngayon sa office! :D

First of all, congratulations on crossing the million mark!

Secondly, out of curiosity, what was the transaction that produced one single instance of a one million peso payment in 2004?

• 2 weeks later...

to people who continue to post how 1M is so small, or it should be in dollars.. either create a new topic, move to other thread with your money , buy a new pair of glasses or spend your money to learn new ways on how to comprehend.

..because that's what this thread is all about... how you earned your FIRST MILLION IN PESOS..

i created this thread as an avenue to share your stories to inspire other people.. now to boast how you already have more than that or you earn dollars and earning in pesos is so pedestrian..

.. this is a milestone for most people, and you have to start somewhere..

goodluck

wow.. as a youngster i came from a very poor family of 8.. mother is an public elem school teacher and father is a clerk in quezon city.. it was a bit of a surprise even to me when i can only dream of a million bucks if i won the lottery.. luckily for me i dont have to..

after college in UP i ventured into agribusiness with my parents supporting me and after recession and a lot of heart ache my farm grossed 3mil with net income of more or less 1 mil /annum on the 2nd year.. it was very very hard work for me waking up at 3 am and ending my day around 11pm.. sometimes 24 hrs of nonstop work but it really pays.. sold the farm after 1990 and enrolled in a computer class for 1yr

now im into technology having opened my first shop way back in 1993 a computer shop that caters to office sales and training.. im just enjoying myself now with less stressful job and traveling all over ph and hk..

bdw. i was 26 when i opened my first computer shop way back which grossed about 1.5mil/annum and i never intended to be employed by anybody even when i was newly graduate..

i want to invest in agri buss too. sana ito swerte ko.

• 1 month later...

Just a word of advice to all my kababayans out there. If you've got an idea, and you really think it's going to work. GO FOR IT. You may fail, but at least you tried. Because if you keep on trying after a few trials, you will definitely succeed. Coz you cant just say OMG I found the perfect business it should work and then when it didn't you're going to just quit. I started off with just a simple idea, and then I wasn't so sure about it so didn't do it until a few years back. Now my only regret is, I should have done it sooner.

Do it. Live it. GO FOR IT!!!

• 3 weeks later...

the heading of this topic is actually wrong. my dad used to say that people talk about making their first million when the exchange rate to the dollar was 5, when tution fee was 350 a semester and the average starting annual salary of a college grad was less than php9,000.00. now one has to spend nearly a million for a good college education. whats the big deal with a million?

my advice is that you cannot make good money without capital which is not necessarily money. if you are currently employed which gives you opportunity to travel outside the philippines, take a time off not to walk around as a tourist but make it an extended business trip. tignan nyo ano meron doon wala pa tayo and observe how they do things. before mr quickie opened the shoe repair business in the phils those machines were already considered obsolete in uk.

timing is also important and always there. be alert and ready for the k*ll. any business now in the phils could be considered over crowded but there are bad businessmen running good business and a lot of the next generation might not be interested in their current businesses. look for a job that you can have yourself in future although it does not pay well on short term.

the lucio tans of the previous generations lived in a different time zone when most filipinos wanted to become gentlemen doctors, lawyers and professors. the lucio tans are encouraged and protected to take on the dirty work of building up businesses. ngayun iba na panahon. both dont despair. lucio tan will probably tell you that in their time wala pa computers and celphones, mahal ang car and konti lang maganda chicks. it is up to us to harness the energy around us.

not my story but worth telling:

"todo ipon" from an average paying job. kept an ear for pieces of land being sold around the area until he finally bought one on a down-payment basis. land prices shot up and he sold the piece of land (which unbelievably quadrupled in price)..the cycle went on. ang galing! he also bought this 120,000 peso land near the beach 5 years ago ang now some foreigner is buying it for 20M.. :boo:

I dunno if this is the right forum for me to post this inspiration, it just came to me now... I'll share it anyways...

The devil failed when he made a bet with GOD that if he will take the worldly pleasures from Job, that Job will lose his faith with GOD and will start cursing him.

Even until today the devil is failing, because, every time most of us fail, every time we don't get to clutch that material thing we are aiming, slobbering and being greedy for... we still bend our knees... bow our heads... close our eyes... and beg GOD to show us the light... to show us the way... and forgive us from our worldly sins... sins we committed and still coveting for. :hypocritesmiley:

I dunno if this is the right forum for me to post this inspiration, it just came to me now... I'll share it anyways...

The devil failed when he made a bet with GOD that if he will take the worldly pleasures from Job, that Job will lose his faith with GOD and will start cursing him.

Even until today the devil is failing, because, every time most of us fail, every time we don't get to clutch that material thing we are aiming, slobbering and being greedy for... we still bend our knees... bow our heads... close our eyes... and beg GOD to show us the light... to show us the way... and forgive us from our worldly sins... sins we committed and still coveting for. :hypocritesmiley:

where's the first million there mate?

where's the first million there mate?

The First Million that we are slobbering, and we are being greedy for...until we have forgotten about that at least in one of those one million getting hooked up with trying to earn that million in one and one million way to forget spirituality is asking?.. Hmmm, I really dunno..you tell me mate? :unsure:

The First Million that we are slobbering, and we are being greedy for...until we have forgotten about that at least in one of those one million getting hooked up with trying to earn that million in one and one million way to forget spirituality is asking?.. Hmmm, I really dunno..you tell me mate? :unsure:

Well the thread isn't about spirituality it's about how you made money. If you want to talk about spirituality there is a hread for that. We here want to hear the stories of those who made money so that we can be inspire to make money for ourselves.

After reading every single word in this thread, here is what I have to say.

I am one of those millionaires who made their money through real estate abroad and now investing in Manila. My passion is real estate! :thumbsupsmiley:

Through goal setting and balanced life:

You got to have CLEAR directions and dreams so dream BIG! :angry: Don't let anyone stop you - You can do it! I heard it all from friends, people and even family who says that maybe.... it may just not be possible to achieve what I want to conquer. But time and time again I've proved everyone wrong. I believe in you so you should believe in yourself. If you believe, no one can take it from you. :)

Through strict budgeting and saving:

Need I say more? You need to know where your money is going and save as much as you can continuously – forever! Invest in financial books and read more rather than spending on cars, clothing, mobile phones, fine dinning just to keep your social status! :grr: But treat yourself every now and again – balanced is the key! :) I strongly recommend buying ‘The Millionaire Next Door’ by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko. This book normally cost US $15.00 (PHP 615 approx) in National Book store. If you can’t afford it, don’t go out for a month or more, or go to a local library or share the cost with someone or find a 2nd hand one. If you want it? Anything is possible – no one can stop you remember that! Invest on your financial education and act on what you have learned. Action is power not knowledge. Without action your excellent knowledge in investing goes nowhere.

Genuinely help others in any way you can: :heart:

As simple as helping an old lady cross the street or simply cheering someone who is having a bad day. :boo: Concept of Helping is so simple, so don’t complicate it. It such a humbling feeling when you help others. :D People always help you on a daily basis so why not give it back to people in need. It is my sincerest wish for our country and our people to be lifted from poverty and become one of the richest nations in the world. Helping others is part of becoming a millionaire….trust me! B)

For the spiritual side, here is what I have to say: Your priorities should be God, Family then Business/Work. If you have that in any other order or greed is your priority then you got it wrong. There is no shame working hard for you and your family to have a semi decent life. And its not the poor who helps the poor, the people who can afford that helps the poor.

Some affirmations I live by:

Action is power!

Don’t say that “I can’t afford it”…instead say “How can I afford it”

There are good debts and bad debts. Know the difference! Bad debt are buying expensive cars on credit…shopping…taking loans to go on trips or having parties. Good Debts are taking loan to invest on stocks, real estates or starting a business.

My love and well wishes is with you all. Good luck! :D