• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Dayukdok

Dayukdok

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Automobiles, Audio-Video, Soccer, Sex....of course, Music (any genre)

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:31 AM

Hello to all. I have just been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My baseline glucose is 257(fasting). I was very worried about this. I am hoping you could refer a good site on the internet where I can find a lot of good info. Also you can help me by giving tips and also discounts on the drugs! :hypocritesmiley: . Thanks!

#22 mwah

mwah

primum non nocere

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts
  • Interests:idiosyncratic reactions

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

Hello to all. I have just been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My baseline glucose is 257(fasting). I was very worried about this. I am hoping you could refer a good site on the internet where I can find a lot of good info. Also you can help me by giving tips and also discounts on the drugs! :hypocritesmiley: . Thanks!

American Diabetes Association's site is very informative.

Just be careful with the information that you get from the net and always discuss this with your MD. ^_^

#23 warm vanilla sugar

warm vanilla sugar

gimikera

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4979 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:13 AM

Uyy, share ko lang may magandang magazine for us diabetics, "diabetease" available sya sa national and sa mga hospitals.

#24 psyches

psyches

D*N*S*E

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

can i ask u guys regarding laser treatment for diabetes?? what's your take on this?? is this really effective??

#25 male_spud

male_spud

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:36 AM

can i ask u guys regarding laser treatment for diabetes?? what's your take on this?? is this really effective??

so far the only approved use for laser treatment is for diabetic wounds. other treatments by laser like regenerating insulin-producing cells in the pancreas are still unproven and are not universally accepted by the medical field.

#26 psyches

psyches

D*N*S*E

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:20 PM

^^ thanks a lot male spud..

what is your own opinion regarding this regenerating insulin-producing cells? suppose you undergo this kind of laser treatment, meron bang mga side effects? and what is the chance of your diabetes getting healed? i tried searching in the net also pero all i see is laser treatment for wounds of diabetes and amputation.

#27 praetorian gigolo

praetorian gigolo

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

uy! i belong here! recently diagnosed with diabetes..... wala ako magawa since lahat yata ng side ng mom ko meron.....
ok ba yun avandamet? i'm taking a lot of medicines after i was diagnosed. meron crestor, avandamet, fornidd, norplus, and aspirin. any doctors who could explain what these medicines do? meron bang alternative kasi medyo pricey yun ibang medicines

#28 icicle

icicle

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:31 PM

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes type II after a scary incident with me passing out. Di ko alam I've been suffering from diabetes for several years na. My sugar will shoot up and then go dangerously low. I'm glad I've finally found out what was wrong with me kasi for years, I would feel so fatigue.

I'm being treated by a doctor who deals solely on diabetics and a dietician...they work closely together. They worked up a meal plan/goal for me. I was surprised to see that I can still eat my rice, pasta, and bread but the key is moderation, portion, and exercise.
If you've had "too" much carb then they say work it out with exercise. They don't impose strict diet with no carbs at all kasi they said our body needs carbs to function.

So far since I've been diagnosed, my blood sugar has been on the norm range...I do have occasional slip up and it spikes up but that's because I had a can of Pepsi....my weakness and addiction!
And ginagawa ko, I would work out vigourously until my blood sugar is at the norm level again.

Hi!
How and where do you test for diabetes type 2? I undergo annual physical in our company and my blood sugar has always been normal. I just tested positive for glaucoma and i read that it's a symptom of diabetes-

#29 mwah

mwah

primum non nocere

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts
  • Interests:idiosyncratic reactions

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

Hi!
How and where do you test for diabetes type 2? I undergo annual physical in our company and my blood sugar has always been normal. I just tested positive for glaucoma and i read that it's a symptom of diabetes-

I do remember reading somewhere that people with diabetes are twice as likely to develop glaucoma as are non-diabetics but I don't think there's enough evidence to support that claim.

Anyway, you may want to have a 75g oral glucose tolerance test done at a lab just to be sure.

#30 vince94

vince94

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

uy! i belong here! recently diagnosed with diabetes..... wala ako magawa since lahat yata ng side ng mom ko meron.....
ok ba yun avandamet? i'm taking a lot of medicines after i was diagnosed. meron crestor, avandamet, fornidd, norplus, and aspirin. any doctors who could explain what these medicines do? meron bang alternative kasi medyo pricey yun ibang medicines

i'm not a doctor but i can give an alternative dahil 2 of the medicines u have mentioned ay gnamit ko na rin and it's true mahal yung Avandamet ang generic name is Glibenclamide nasabi nga ni Smooth T ang gamit sa katawan nun and Gluban ang pwedeng mong ipalit as mentioned by Christina while Fornidd ang generic name is Metformin Hcl and Glucoform ang pwede ipalit. Hope that i was able to help you! :rolleyes:

Edited by vince94, 12 January 2008 - 11:02 PM.

#31 resident_big_evil

resident_big_evil

you gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little tease a little more

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1241 posts
  • Interests:kahit ano basta interesting...

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

i take glucovance... its a combo of both Glibenclamide & Metformin i think... my doc was just going to prescribe one or the other but considered that they shot me up w/ insulin when i was confined so she decided to give me something of both...

#32 scionmd

scionmd

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

i take glucovance... its a combo of both Glibenclamide & Metformin i think... my doc was just going to prescribe one or the other but considered that they shot me up w/ insulin when i was confined so she decided to give me something of both...

maybe its because its hard to control your blood sugar thats why your doc give you a combination drug to furthe incease the stimulating power to your pancreas to produce insulin.... eventually if your body have a positive reaction to this and your bld sugar can be controlled na maybe your doc will bring you back to a single drug ...

#33 ligtasan

ligtasan

Shocked Mar Roxas lookalike

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, Teaching BDSM safety and lifestyle issues, outing fake "masters" and "dominants", dodging traffic along EDSA :p

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hi!

When you go for a physical ask your MD to give you a glycohemoglobin test. The results will either confirm that you're either a diabetic or you just need corrective eye surgery. It's not that bad as long as you don't have a nearsighted intern who doesn't know how to properly draw blood. The last time I went in I ended up handing her the vials after drawing my own blood. It hurt less when I found my own vein (7 sec) :thumbsupsmiley: . She kept twisting the needle inside my arm trying to find the vein (40 sec to 1 min) :thumbsdownsmiley: .

#34 xwhiteshadowz

xwhiteshadowz

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hmmmm for the past few years...Diabetes is classified in type 1 and type 2...i was informed by my friend form aust that soon the diabetes types will be obsolete...havent read much though... As for the diabetics...blood sugar control is of great importance...this will be one of the basis of your prognosis..especially in the future..you may be taking drugs at this moment but it would be better if you also have the guts to undergo diet modifications..sadly..uncontrolled blood sugar amidst proper medical treatment will eventually lead to daily insulin administration..in 10 yrs or less.. high sugar levels cause a lot of damages to the body..initially targeting sensitive and thin blood vessels and nerves..this may manifest as eye problems e.g diabetic retinopathy , sensation impairment or vessel problems e.g DVT...its is wise to discuss your treatment options to your doctors including secondary consultations which may include eye doctors,endocrinologists, neurologists or cardio....Commonly filipinos tend to disregard dieting as for they are already taking medications and just depend on the drugs itself but diet is one of the most important aspects in controlling elevated blood sugar...some test are useful in diagnosin and knowing the prognosis of your diabtes.. glycosylated hemoglobin shows the sugar level in the past three months..if it is properly controlled..there are available handy sugar blood level monitoring machines in the market for home use..it is useful in monitoring sugar levels at home without visiting the lab frequently..ask your MD about it..

any comments or reactions to my post are acknowledged

#35 reynold45

reynold45

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Here are symptoms of Low Blood Sugar.

Attached Files

#36 babymaker

babymaker

ProLife

• Admin
  • 1541 posts
  • Interests:Doing good things.

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

Here is my Diabetes CURE protocol.
Diabetes is CUREABLE right here, right now.
Welcome to a world of cures.

http://www.curemanua...tweaks/diabetes

#37 rcko21

rcko21

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

This site looks more of diet control. Well in reality what the site recommends here is no difference to what any doctor would recommend.
A healthy diet with lots of fiber, low fat, high HDL... nothing new. This is not a cure.

#38 rakista

rakista

Inosente lang ang nagtataka!

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1806 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

ask ko lng po.. yun coke zero po ba wala talaga sugar?

#39 skicker

skicker

Cutie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

Uyy, share ko lang may magandang magazine for us diabetics, "diabetease" available sya sa national and sa mga hospitals.

Pwedeng mag join dito..ms. warm vanilla sugar...I was diagnosed with onset of diabetis..nasa lahi namin..bakit ganoon kahit anong gawin nagkaroon parin-excersise, diet non smoker..I ma sure very helpful at informative ang thread na ito..maraming salamat.

#40 LYCHEE

LYCHEE

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • Interests:drop-dead gorgeous girls

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

try nyo ang AMPALAYA PLUS and CHARANTIA TEA...to help regulate your blood sugar..but you have to add exercise and good diet to your regimen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users