Boosting Your Immune System

No offense but, says who?

Pharmaton and Closivol is considered as drugs or medicine and not nutrition. A person can definately experience some side-effects if these product on a daily basis. However it is ok to consume it once a while.

Vitamins are usually extracted chemically. And when it is in PURE form is actally Pro-Oxidant and not AntiOxidant. Sometimes we think that we are taking a certain kind of vitamins in these products. However i also forget that we are also taking in chemicals.

Best source of vitamins is still fruits and vegs. Which you can take in any amount without worrying of any side effect. Besides that fruits and vegs contains other minerals , vitamins and other nutrients as well. There is no lable to say that you can only take 1 orange or 1 mango a day on the fruits itself. Wholesome food is still the best.

But can we drink one or 2 bottles of these products a day? I dont think anyone will dare to do that. Why not? Since everyone thinks its healthy.

Natural and Safe is not nessesary Healthy.

Edited by Leslie Garcia
Pharmaton and Closivol is considered as drugs or medicine and not nutrition. A person can definately experience some side-effects if these product on a daily basis. However it is ok to consume it once a while.

Vitamins are usually extracted chemically. And when it is in PURE form is actally Pro-Oxidant and not AntiOxidant. Sometimes we think that we are taking a certain kind of vitamins in these products. However i also forget that we are also taking in chemicals.

Best source of vitamins is still fruits and vegs. Which you can take in any amount without worrying of any side effect. Besides that fruits and vegs contains other minerals , vitamins and other nutrients as well. There is no lable to say that you can only take 1 orange or 1 mango a day on the fruits itself. Wholesome food is still the best.

But can we drink one or 2 bottles of these products a day? I dont think anyone will dare to do that. Why not? Since everyone thinks its healthy.

Natural and Safe is not nessesary Healthy.

Ah ok. I guess we belong to different schools of nutrition. Which is pretty normal. Most well-known "nutrition gurus" around the world today still disagree on a lot of things concerning proper diet. Some say food pyramid is best, some say high protein- low carb work best, some say 30-30-40 rule, etc. The bottomline would be look at the results of the one championing their philosophy. If the nutritionist or doctor is perfectly fit and healthy, my guess is that his diet works. if he's weak and sickly, his diet obviously doesn't work. :)

Ah ok. I guess we belong to different schools of nutrition. Which is pretty normal. Most well-known "nutrition gurus" around the world today still disagree on a lot of things concerning proper diet. Some say food pyramid is best, some say high protein- low carb work best, some say 30-30-40 rule, etc. The bottomline would be look at the results of the one championing their philosophy. If the nutritionist or doctor is perfectly fit and healthy, my guess is that his diet works. if he's weak and sickly, his diet obviously doesn't work. :)

So what works for you then? :)

As for me, I just take vitamin C and drink plenty of water! (at least 8 glasses a day) I am not sickly.. kung uso ang sipon, lahat sila may sipon, ako na lang ang wala. :P

By the way, any of you heard that vitamin C whitens skin? I've read somewhere that if you take 1000 iu a day, it will whiten your skin. Wala lang. :rolleyes:

Ms. Blackcat, are you referring to "topical" vitamin c? Ang pagkakaalam maraming benefits sa balat ung tinatawag na vitamin C serum which is usually sa Face ginagamit. The tablet form is more of an internal supplement. Pero mapa tablet or serum, this is the first time i've heard of it having skin whitening capabilities, sa pagkakaalam ko bleach lang (or laser treatment) ang nakakapagbago ng skin pigment. hmmm ire research ko nga yang find mo. thanks for the tip!

So what works for you then? :)

As for me, I just take vitamin C and drink plenty of water! (at least 8 glasses a day) I am not sickly.. kung uso ang sipon, lahat sila may sipon, ako na lang ang wala. :P

By the way, any of you heard that vitamin C whitens skin? I've read somewhere that if you take 1000 iu a day, it will whiten your skin.  Wala lang.  :rolleyes:

Moderation always works for me. Moderate fat, moderate, carbs, moderate protein, proper supplementation (a bit of vitamins and minerals here and there), Exercise and rest. And I feel great! :D

hi. just want to ask: if ever a person was diagnosed with a lung disease (ex. pulmunary infection, tb etc), and he underwent intensive treatment & eventually got cured, will x-ray results (after the successful treatment) appear normal or will there still be tell-tale signs of the disease in the lungs?

thanks in advance :)

Edited by MA

For me the main things are to sleep well, exercise and iwas stress. Kung hindi ka makaiwas sa stress - do things to relieve stress like exercising, yoga, massage. Ako - pag naiinis sa work - I sometimes go for a lunch massage - kahit 30 mins. lang. Pag balik sa work nakarelax na ako.

Also, keep yourself warm always. Bumababa kasi immunity natin pag malamig - so kung malamig sa office mo - suot ka ng jacket.

Some more tips that might help :

1. You can take Vitamin C.

2. Echinacea is also supposed to help our immunity system.

3. Green tea

EAT the RIGHT WAY,...LOtza veggies, fruits, fish n carbo,...exercise atleast 4 times a week, with atleast an hour per session,.....dont stay up too late always........( unless ur a "CALLBOY or CALLGIRL" :P :lol: ; wc requuires graveyard)...........

have a very very POSITIVE OUTLOOK in LIFE! Our emotions also affect our physical and mental over all well being.

In my experience, mediation( ARhatic YOGA,ZEN,Lord's prayer) and praying to your own religion also helps a LOT in MAXIMIZING ou over all health! :hypocritesmiley: .........

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING............... B)

You could also try those herbal supplements such as Garlic and Ampalaya. If medyo mahal try the natural one, either blended or decoction[pinakuluan] :blink: Nutrition helps a lot with our body's health di cya instant effect katulad nung mga Vitamins and Minerals na gamot pero at least if used properly effective saka di masyado mahal. Hirap din kasi dun sa mga pop-up Herbal Supplements kasi di ganun ka-sure kung pa'no pinocress ang gamot. :( Sa manual at least ikaw ang makakapili pero ma-trabaho. :angry: Just a reminder ang sobra is masama so read first kung how much dapat ang intake sa mga Herbal books before doing it. :headsetsmiley:

For me I tried blended garlic with onion then honey or salbat tea. Tapang pero so far oki naman ang efffect sa akin. :D I also heard about Virgin Coconut Oils is good. They're thinking about it as a treatment for HIV nga daw eh. :hypocritesmiley:

WOW! SO nice 2 know that there are also LOTZA health conscious peeps here,...I thot b4 mga tomador lang,....

Keep on Rocking dudez n dudettez!!!  :thumbsupsmiley:  :cool:

Well sabi nga nila sa panahon ngayon "BAWAL MAGKASAKIT". :cool: It was actually predficted na in the future we will not be concerned about curing disease but by preventing them. :hypocritesmiley: And one way of doing that is improving our immune system along with our lifestyle.

Just think of it we spend lots and lots of time and strength to get rich ignoring our health, pero at the end, we using theres money to gain back health. :cry:

ako when i'm stressed feeling ko mas malapitin ako sa sakit. i used to take vitamin C supplements but my friend introduced me to these parang alkaseltzer tabs...berocca. you put them in water and they fizz. tapos orange flavor so masarap inumin. it also has B complex vitamins and calcium. :D

ako when i'm stressed feeling ko mas malapitin ako sa sakit.  i used to take vitamin C supplements but my friend introduced me to these parang alkaseltzer tabs...berocca.  you put them in water and they fizz. tapos orange flavor so masarap inumin.  it also has B complex vitamins and calcium. :D

Yeah, dats good. Tried it all ready, drink it in the morning and all day work will be a breeze :cool: Kaya lang ang mahal :( , you could try yung extra joss, kaya lang parang juice lang eh, ala akong nararamdam na pampalakas.

Nakakalakas din cya sa performance sa b*** heheh :boo: . Don't know kung applicable sa lahat. :rolleyes: