Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

I have a question, sa halagang 30k, can I possibly get a 19' monitor+ 500w psu+ AMD (dual core) 5000+ 2GB 633+ a good Video card for 3d gaming and windows xp ( not vista) 500GB 7200rpma mouse and a keypad + lightscribe techno.?

sir

ive sent u a pm regarding sa question mo.

ive sent a quotation. :lol:

hi priest

yup megabook s425 is wi fi ready.. :thumbsupsmiley:

we have a stock of this as of now. :lol:

kelan ka ba uwi phil? para mainform ko kita kung may stock or wala.. :cool:

pasalubong ko ah.. :evil:

hahaha :lol:

MSI S425 G

Intel Pentium M 725 1.60GHZ Dothan (2MB L2 Cache) -

nVidia GeForce Go 6200 128MB Turbo Cache -

Intel 915PM Chipset -

Kingston 512MB DDR2 Sodimm

40GB Mobile Hard Drive

14" WXGA Superb Glare,

56K\LAN,

5 in 1 Card Reader

MSI Internal Slim Combo Drive

MSI S4 Series 6 Cell LI-ON Battery Pack

MSI Power Adaptor Intel PRO-WIRELESS 2915 ABG

here's the complete specification of that laptop.

Thanks PCG sa reply...... i will be home either sept.30 or oct.15, ........ what would be the price if i upgrade the RAM to 1 gig? Ano gusto mo na pasalubong.....basta may discount ha..... hehehehee.......... sure ba bibili ako sa shop nyo.... i kinda like the specs na.... pls pm the price ha............. so that i can save some money pambayad....... 2 pcs ang kukunin ko.... thanks so much!!!!

sorry tommy we dont have service like that pero we can refer you to where to go to.. :thumbsupsmiley:

that's the least we can do to help you... :thumbsupsmiley:

call 721 34 96

tell them the brand of your laptop para masabi nila ung service center ng hp.. ^_^

Yup . Went to your place at gilmore... still renovating pa nga eh.... but i had it removed na rin...

The one beside you repairs laptops. Thanks!

Actually I went to HP service center already... very lousy service...all talk and no action...

Am considering legal action against them na nga eh...

Anyway, that's another story

Thanks again.!

I have a question about PC memory.. yung PC kc ng pamangkin ko has only 512 memory, now gus2 kong gawin 1MB, bibili ako ng isang pirasong 512 memory of the same kind at isampak ko dun. Here is my question, do i need to do any other thing first before I put the additional memory in? or ill just turn off the computer while putting it it and no other specifications required?

I have a question about PC memory.. yung PC kc ng pamangkin ko has only 512 memory, now gus2 kong gawin 1MB, bibili ako ng isang pirasong 512 memory of the same kind at isampak ko dun. Here is my question, do i need to do any other thing first before I put the additional memory in? or ill just turn off the computer while putting it it and no other specifications required?

wala ka na gagawin, turn off lang then kabit mo na.. :cool:

basta make sure same memory mo ah para walang complications... :thumbsupsmiley:

Question about rams:

I'm currently using 1GB dual channel Kingston Hyper-X DDR400 (Registered and ECC) Rams on ASUS SK8V and I am about to add another 2GB dual channel only this time i will be using Crucial rams (Registered and ECC) with the same CAS Latency as Kingston. In short i will be installing 2 identical but different brands of dual channel RAMs. The mobo manual does not mention about using different brands but says only that a pair of identical rams should be installed in the configuration shown (blue and blue, yellow and yellow).

My Hyper-X model is not manufactured anymore by the company so i have to get another brand with the same specs.

Now, has someone already done this type of configuration and worked or there can only be one brand of dual channel rams installed?

Thanks.

Edited by deus

Hi,

I am using my laptop for product demos and presentations. But before I can run my applications, i need to enable by LAN first even without connecting to other computers, its just a requirement of the product that i am presenting. I don't have a choice but to bring along a hub and connect my LAN cable there. but the hub is quite big enough that i have to bring always and i will also have to connect it into a power supply. is there a tool/hardware that i can just plug to my LAN Card so my LAN will just enable? anyway, im dont intend to connect to other PC, just enable LAN.

Thanks..

hi, i bought a pc from pcgilmore last May (Intel Dual Core). the pc is doing fine but i want to add another 512 RAM and a VIDEO CARD. can you recommend a good one and can you give me the price? i browsed your pricelist but i do not know what to choose and what is compatible with my current pc specs. nahihilo ako sa dami.

in addition, do you install said ram and video card after buying? (i will bring the cpu) will there be additional charges? di po kasi ako marunong magkabit. thanks. :)

hi, i bought a pc from pcgilmore last May (Intel Dual Core). the pc is doing fine but i want to add another 512 RAM and a VIDEO CARD. can you recommend a good one and can you give me the price? i browsed your pricelist but i do not know what to choose and what is compatible with my current pc specs. nahihilo ako sa dami.

in addition, do you install said ram and video card after buying? (i will bring the cpu) will there be additional charges? di po kasi ako marunong magkabit. thanks. :)

no extra charge na po if binili samin ung parts.... :lol:

Video Card:

Sparkle 7300GS 256mb 64 bit -2,070php

Sparkle 7300GT 256mb 128bit -2,750php

Sparkle 8500GT 512mb 128bit -3,850php

take ur pick nalang.. :cool: (kapag hndi ka naman hardcore gamer 256mb 128bit is enough! pagmedyo budget kahit sa 64bit lang pero pag your into games and editing talaga i suggest ung 8500gt)

as for the memory

Generic Brand(1 year warranty)

512mb DDR2 533 -720php

512mb DDR2 667 -780php

Memories with Lifetime warranty

Corsair DDR2 667 -1,400php

Kingston DDR2 533 -980php

Kingston DDR2 667 -1,080php

pls check kung 533 or 667 ang memory mo. :cool:

message me for more infos or questions or

add me at my ym morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

i have a PC3200 512mb double sided in my PC right now, if i were to buy another 512 mb PC3200 but single sided, will i encounter any problem especially regarding compatibility issues? thanks

pwede naman yan basta same sila na PC3200. :thumbsupsmiley:

minsan may conflict kapag magkaibang brand kaya better buy ung same brand nang nauna mong memory! :lol:

for price and questions message me.

morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

pls visit our website www.pcgilmore.com.ph :cool:

Bro,

can you give me a list of your available network Hubs, yung small ones lng. I just need to set my LAN online. Specs din. thnx..

Network Hubs:

Asus GX1008 Giga X 10/100 Switch Hub -880php

Dlink DES-1008 8port -1000php

Linksys SD208 8port -1300php

choose kanalang preferred brand mo! :thumbsupsmiley:

all items have 1 year warranty for more question just pm me po!

or ym me morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

pls visit our website www.pcgilmore.com.ph

sir pwede bang laruin yung dvd games ng ps2 sa pc?? kung pwede pano yun??? tnx

hmm i think merong nadodownload na emulator of ps2 para makalaro sa pc,

i'm not sure lang ah i've read lang kasi yun sa mga sites. :unsure:

try to search nalang sa yahoo. :thumbsupsmiley:

dude

whats the difference ba with single channel at dual channel? is it the same with single sided at dual sided?

aside from the lifetime warranty, may difference ba kung ang gamit ko generic na memory module kaysa branded?

tnx... B)

actually wala namang difference ang branded sa generic. except for its price, quality and its warranty.

pero sa speed aspect wala naman basta pagnagcompare ka same ung memory module ah. :thumbsupsmiley:

ang dual channel is enabled kapag you have 2 memory na same ang speed same ang mem size. for example 2 pcs 256mb ddr2 667. it will show in your setup na 512mb ddr2 667 dual channel meaning mas bumilis ang takbo nya, it will not specify kung anung speed na ang takbo but if papansinin mo talga it has effect talaga.

meanwhile single channel if 1 lang memory mo.

it is not the same with single sidedand dual sided memory.

Meron bang nagbebenta ng Compact Flash (CF) adapter for SD/MMC card?

OK lang kahit anong brand....

post-116257-1190636152.jpg

Your response will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

have you tried other stores?

kasi kami wala pong adapter, but we do sell mmc/sd cards. :lol:

try to look at stores like (cd-r king, perfect computers etc) i think meron sila kasi stores nila concentrate sa mga accesories.. :cool:

@ PCG

Do you have a Virtual Machine software? thats the last on my list >_< and kaano po yung 1GB ddr2 800mhz (generic or branded) thanks

sir, we dont have virtual machine software po

as for your question regarding the price of generic memory DDR2 800 we dont have din po,

but we do have

1 Gb Kingston PC6400 DDR2 800 (Lifetime warranty) only 2,770php :lol:

http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/downloads/pric..._lettersize.pdf

pls visit po our site for prices.

pm me po for more question or add me ym morrisaronrelucio@yahoo.com

para mas mdali communications. :cool:

Computer power supply

A computer power supply typically is designed to convert 110-240 V AC power from the mains, to several low-voltage DC power outputs for the internal components of the computer. The most common computer power supplies are built to conform to the ATX form factor. The wattage rating of a PC power supply is not officially certified and is self-claimed by each manufacturer. The more reputable makers advertise "True Wattage Rated" to give consumers the idea that they can trust the wattage advertised.

Things to consider when purchasing a PSU.

As was for mentioned, look for weight, if the product does not say how much it is look for the shipping weight that will be pretty close. Anything about 4-6 lbs is a good weight. The heavier the components of the power supply the better quality they are.

However you can use this simple chart to easily figure out what you need.

High End System=520 Watts to 800 Watts Depending

Medium End System=400 watts to 500 Watts Depending

Low End System= 300 Watts to 400 Watts

High End systems

~This includes Servers, Video work stations and Top of the line gaming computers. Or computers with multiple HD and Burners for different needs.

Medium End systems

~systems much like high end but have mid quality parts and or single uses.

Low end systems

~only used for light light gaming, word processing, email and internet use.

With medium to higher end systems you will want to have PFC on your power supply. PFC stands for power factor correction. The power coming into the power supply is not always "clean" there can be variances with frequency and spikes that lower the life span of your power supply and can cause damage to parts if it is not corrected. Active PFC is more efficient then Passive but also is more expensive.

Other aspects of Power supplies, are hold up time and efficiency. Hold up time refers to how long a power supply will continue to produce voltages after the AC input has ceased, it is measured in milliseconds. The longer the better.

Efficiency in a power supply is determined how much of the energy it takes in is actually used and is not wasted in other forms, as with hold up time the higher the efficiency the better, 65 to 70 and higher is recommended, The more efficient power supplies save more money on the electric bill. The efficiency for most power supplies is when it is at highest workload or when the most energy is being drawn from it.

Voltage Rails

~Voltage rails should never straw more then 5% in either direction, that is also what is recommended. If a rail does drop or increase more then 5% of what it should be it can potentially damage and destroy components. This isn't something most companies tell you before you buy it, its something that is bested tested with a Digital Multi Meter (DMM) while the computer is active.

Amperage

~Obviously Higher systems should have more amps on their rails, for low end systems, with power supplies with only 1 12V rail there should be from 15-17 amps on it, Medium end, 19-24, and 26-35 amps for high end systems. For computers that have a PSU with dual 12V rails or more, 12V1 @ 18-22 or more Amps and for 12V2 the same. The 12V rail is the main concern as it is drawn from the most and is directly connected to motherboard.

As for reliable Brand names

(more Expensive)

PC power and cooling

OCZ technologies

Hiper

(Medium Priced)

Antec

Enermax

(lower priced)

forton (FPS Fortron)

Vantec

Generic ones that come with cases are usually listed at their peak wattage not their continuous wattage, which means the power supply may only be a 320 watt continuous but they list it as a 380 watt Power supply, which is its peak wattage. This way they make it look better then it really is.