Digital Cameras

• 1 month later...
go for sony cybershots bro...

just bought my first digicam ever, so i hapen to have fresh ideas regarding this thing. If you're after the mega pixels, go for the 5 MP cams (that's what most brands have as their top of the line, tho may mga 7MP na rin today), though in my opinion, hindi rin gaano practical if mashadong mataas because the size of each pic would be too big. mahirap iupload sa net -and- it would be too space-consuming on your cam's memory. E kadalasan, maliit lang naman ang nakabundle with the cam, so you would really need to buy a second one.

Which leads us to your next criteria: the memory. When buying, i-proportion mo ung size nung memory with the megapixel. Kasi nga sayang lang ung taas nung MP kung di nmn magagamit dahil anliit ng memory. True, pde mo i-upload sa PC agad, e pano kung tipong nasa vacation kayo? A 16 MB card would only get you around 10-12 5MP pics. Also, canvass dun sa prices ng accessories. Para kung kakailanganin mo to buy extra memory, battery, etc.

Ako, I also look at the size of the screen. Para mas mappreciate mo ung mga kinunan mo di ba! Ideally, maganda sana ung mga 2.5 inch ung screens. kaso shempre u have to proportion the size of the cam. Alanganamang mas malaki ung screen sa cam di ba. hehe!

The best cam for me out there is the Sony Cybershots T3, and now it got upgraded, to the T33, difference lang is, makulay ung T33 (if you have the budget). Maganda rin yung Cybershots W7. Other suggestions: Casio S100 <http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/124901/12036129.html>, and Pentax OptioX (nagrorotate rotate!!) <http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/product_details/digital_camera--OptioX/reqID--1012/subsection--optio.>

I guess I'm also after the looks, kaya the color of the cam matters for me. Gusto ko unique ung akin. Kaya I went with the Olympus MJU mini (in BLUE!). Try to search for it if you're not familiar with it, it's the best!

Good luck! Update me when you find your cam!

Ang galing ng thread na to!

well i just went to quiapo yesterday (to Watson's) and bought my long-sought-after CANON A95 5 megapixel Camera, like the one salaryman pictured above---

Very happy with my purchase, bought a 256mb Kingston CF card, card reader and case with it, for P18,850: a deal considering the camera alone costs about P19,500 at the mall....

notes to consider--- it only comes with a 32mb CF Card with the camera, alkaline non-rechargeable batteries, no case so all are extra....

I bought a china rechargeable battery kit (4 AA with charger) from Cost-U-Less in Libis for only P388...

Quiapo is great, I'm going back to buy a car stereo naman soon...

my niece and I took the MRT to the LRT2 and got off the last stop (Recto) and took a padjak (pedicab) to Gomez Street; Watson's almost facing the back of SM Quiapo...

guys, if you are realy interested to buy cameras & get good price for really good brands, try nyo sa mayer cameras, sa quiapo, just beside SM Carriedo. got an IXUS700 there but i also bought 3 months ago a nikon d70. 26k lang ung IXUS700 + 128MB na card, sabayan nyo na rin ng tripod para mas enjoy.

so far, most of their customers are reporters, ABSCBN crew, basta marami. mura sila even against overseas price, sa hk, sa korea, sa japan, malayo ang difference.

guys, meron na rin ba kayong feed back about Canon MarkII, ung 16.8MP, EOSD1 yata?

guys, if you are realy interested to buy cameras & get good price for really good brands, try nyo sa mayer cameras, sa quiapo, just beside SM Carriedo. got an IXUS700 there but i also bought 3 months ago a nikon d70. 26k lang ung IXUS700 + 128MB na card, sabayan nyo na rin ng tripod para mas enjoy.

so far, most of their customers are reporters, ABSCBN crew, basta marami. mura sila even against overseas price, sa hk, sa korea, sa japan, malayo ang difference.

guys, meron na rin ba kayong feed back about Canon MarkII, ung 16.8MP, EOSD1 yata?

the best place to get photography stuff is hidalgo in quiapo... avenue, watsons, mayer, etc. around 10-20% cheaper than in malls. (got my canon 20d there for 88k when it came out mid last year... canon megamall was selling it for 99k... :grr: )

i've tried the markII during the last photoworld, and all i can say is 'sweet!' very fast and accurate focusing, good ergonomics, etc... but then, at that price, i'd rather get a 20d, 580ex, and 1 or 2 L-lens...

Sir how much did you get for the nikon d70? Im planning to buy a digital SLR kasi eh.

What's your feedback on the Sony Cybershot F828? This question is directed to everybody here

Lastly medyo OT ito ha, anybody here knows where i can get the services of a film scanner, thanks in advance

opinion lang po...

mahal masyado ang sony. Price per performance I go for canon! List out the specs that you want and then list the models of Sony and Canon that meet the specs chances sa Canon may makukuha that meets your needs at a significantly less price than what Sony has to offer. btw Memory stick sucks! unless all out Sony ka hindi mo puwedeng i-reuse yung memory stick for other devices. I like compact flash or sd cards.

try niyo rin sa ibang brands. (Nikon, kodak, Olypus, Pentax, etc.) hindi ako sure kung ok yung performance but they do have models that will suit your needs at a price that less than what Sony and Canon have to offer. But if kung gusto niyo yung medyo tried and tested na brand go for Canon.