All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

I'm starting this new thread for the people who are fond of collecting on-court kicks. I'll also post pics of sweet kicks & my shoe collection. This will also be a forum where dates of sale of shoe outlets would be found & how to take care of shoes & many more. People can also post shoe reviews here. :)

Edited by Dr.Love
  • Like (+1) 1

This is my Air Jordan 7. I've been always using this shoe for playing hoops due to its light weight but its unpadded ankle offers little support so ankle inversion is a problem in this shoe. The upper is made of synthetic suede & durability of this material is questionable. My pair already shows cracking of the upper. This shoe is a re-issue. MJ wore this shoe during the 1991-1992 season. The bulls got their 2nd championship when they defeated the Portland TrailBlazers.

post-52-1091356195.jpg

This is my Air Jordan 11. Another re-issue by Nike. I had a pair way back in 1996 but that shoe got destroyed when the midsole turned to powder w/c is a usual problem in shoes w/ midsoles made of EVA, phylon, & polyurethane. To increase the life of this pair, I'm already applying ArmorAll on the midsole to prevent the sole from cracking up again. MJ used this shoe in the 1995-1996 season. The Bulls got their 4th championship that year & they had an NBA best 72-10 record.

post-52-1091356456.jpg

This is my very first And1 shoe. I bought this when I was a medical clerk. This is a very nice shoe & the details are very nice. This shoe is designed as a shoe to be worn before & after games so that you can prolong the life of your game shoe. And1 is the very 1st shoe manufacturer to make a postgame shoe. My problem w/ this colorway is it doesn't match w/ a lot of outfits since it's white/orange. I also have to wear an orange shirt w/ this shoe. This shoe's interface between the outsole & midsole is not very durable since the glue that they've used is not very nice. I have re-glued them already many times w/ super glue & the adhesive still doesn't stick very long.

post-52-1091398325.jpg

This is my other postgame shoe. Its an And1 Tochillin. This is their best selling model. This shoe was released in a lot of colorways. World Balance ripped off this shoe. This is more durable than my OnTheD postgame shoe. This shoe is still available in And1 clearance stores but the sizes that are remaining are the large ones. Kevin Garnett used to wear this a lot when he still an And1 endorser. I also bought this shoe in Olympic Village in 2002.

post-52-1091398644.jpg

This is Kevin Garnett's 2nd And1 signature shoe named KG2. I got this also in Olympic Village in 2003. This shoe originally retailed for 6,995 pesos & it hardly moved in the outlets due to its steep price. When KG didn't renew his And1 contract & went to Adidas, this shoe suddenly had a 70% discount & it went flying off the shelves of retailers. I got my pair for only 2,700 w/c is a good price for a luxury performance shoe. This shoe performs great. The cushioning & court feel are top notch & it seems well built. The fit is excellent since my heel was locked in place & there is no front-to-back & side-to-side movement. The TPU support on the arch also makes ankle inversion a rare occurence.

post-52-1091399010.jpg

i used to wear Nike b-ball kicks but since naglabasan na ang mga fakes i switched to And1.

ryt now i'm using two b-ball shoes alternately (para di madali masira mahal kasi eh)...the And1 Spree Mid and the And1 Chosen One (worn by Rafer Alston & ben Wallace), both shoes have superb cushioning and has excellent traction, highly recommend for those who are playing guard.

share nyo kung meron kayong pics of addidas abdul jabbar,

banned in the mid-east countries in the 70s becuz its too popular

in the movie "I,Robot", will smith dons a converse "basurero"

circa 2004(?) in the year 2035

Wala akong pic nung sinuot niya nung 70's pero ito yung suot niya nung 80's before siya nag-LA Gear.

post-71-1091569984.jpg

hold on to your air jordan 2 shoes.

got something from websites that it is the hardest pair to

get your hands on. the orig plan was lost somewhere in italy (daw)

and the succeeding pairs are nothing like the orig AJ2 pairs

Maybe you're referring to the 1995 retros. The AJ2 Retros out now are almost similar to the originals. This is the colorway I want.

post-71-1091570130.jpg

i used to wear Nike b-ball kicks but since naglabasan na ang mga fakes i switched to And1.

ryt now i'm using two b-ball shoes alternately (para di madali masira mahal kasi eh)...the And1 Spree Mid and the And1 Chosen One (worn by Rafer Alston & ben Wallace), both shoes have superb cushioning and has excellent traction, highly recommend for those who are playing guard.

Bad trip yung mga fakes. Madami niyan sa Greenhill & Cartimar pero obvious naman na fake. I went to Cartimar recently & I saw na lahat ng models ng Jordans ay meron sila. Pati yung AJ 19 may fake na rin. Nagaya din nila yung tech-flex na parang basketweave dun sa shroud. Tapos yung AJ 2, 7 & 8 ay maganda talaga yung pagkagawa. Pati yung midsole ay polyurethane. Tapos may player exclusive din sila ng AJ 8 na replica ng sinuot ni Kobe before he wore the Huarache 2k4's. Kung titingnan mo ay di talaga fake yung itsura. Wala lang airsole siguro mga mga yan & bugbog paa mo pag ipanglaro mo. Pero yung AJ 3, 4, 5, & 6 ay may airsole na visible. Ewan ko lang kung na-work mga yan.

Napuntahan mo ba yung clearance stores ng And1 where they sell their b-ball kicks for more than 50% off? Gusto ko sana bilhin yung The Quest (worn by Starbury, Big Ben, Matrix, & D-Mase in the 2003 ASG) kaso ipon muna ako pera bili ng AZG.

Here is a pic of my Nike Air Force Max. This is a re-issue. I bought this last year in Nike Stadium at 40% discount. It was originally P4,995 but I got it for only P2,995. Charles Barkley wore this in the 1993 season when he became MVP & led the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Finals. Too bad he faced a guy named Mike whose team won their 3rd straight championship. Mike wore the AJ8's during that season.

post-71-1091570874.jpg

Edited by Dr.Love