Leaning on Death's Door

very very horrified ako sa thought of death.

ung point na ipipikit mo na ung mata mo. parang ano pagtapos?

do you wake up and you see angels and golden kingdom.. or heaven doesnt look like what everyone

tells you. o do i really sign up at the purgatory.

o endless darkness na lang afterwards?

i am not ready to die because i feel there is so much to do. yet again, in the next life, wala ka na ba talagang gagawin. as in parang tambay ka na lang?

'Just a reflection on death:

"Death is not an end; it is a beginning. It is an exit; it is an entrance. The Preface in the Funeral Mass says: "with death life is changed not ended."

This life is only a testing ground. It is the introduction to the story. It is the prelude, before the play. It is the verse before the song. It is the handle on the knife. It is the springboard, from which we take off into life. In heaven we will be surrounded not only by all the things we love, but by all the people we love and by all those who love us.

I am not afraid to die. My only wish is that i live longer than my wife and daughter coz i don't want them to be lonely when i'm gone. But of course, everything is up to Him.

• 2 weeks later...

i was ready back then... cause i have already lifted up my life to HIM, but then something happened and here i am, hoping against hope that i'll live longer for my loved ones.. life has so much to offer, i don't wanna miss it out.. i haven't had any real accoplishment yet, i would welcome death again if i can only surrender my whole life back to HIM again...and i do hope it's soon

...I always ask God to get me...to end the pain I feel... to just make me feel free. Guess, not all wishes come true as soon as you wished them. :)

I am not afraid to die. But I am more afraid to FAIL the people I leave behind because of my death.. I wish I could somehow assure them that I'd be there guiding them even after I die.

After all, I'd be with my mom in heaven so why would I be afraid? Okay nga yun kasi masosolo ko na sya.... nung buhay pa kasi sya, she has been the busiest mother/friend/churchgoer/wife/businesswoman I have known.

yun lang po... *bow* :))

Ako..siguro natatkot ako kasi I know there's this loneliness waiting for me sa afterlife. I can imagine na if ever na sa heaven ako mapunta (sana), Nandun lang ako nakatingin sa mga naiwan ko. I cannot touch them to give care. And I cannot accept the fact na when we all go to heaven, limot na natin yung life natin when we were still alive. How can I be happy if I cannot even remember yung life na nagkaroon ako. Di ba? Parang you leave a life na sobrang challenging, that can even the reason why ka napuntsa langit tapos all of a sudden poof...

Saan ang happiness kung mamatay ako ng 80 years old tapos pagdating sa lagit di ko man lang maalala yung mga apo, anak at ang asawa ko.

Kaya ganun yung lyrics ng TEARS in HEAVEN ni Eric Clapton.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be afraid of death... until my dad got terribly ill and like the O/C person that I am, I had to research, read up and stock up on information about his illness (cancer), the possibilities of death, the stages of death, what happens when the body dies, etc etc....

among the literature that I read delved on making it easier for the dying to "get to the other side"... my purpose then became "how to help my father cross over without fear in his heart and without further thoughts of those he left behind..."

I know now what death is like.... and I only fear what I don't know...

If you, like i do, believe that since GOD cares even for the lowest of all creation, there is nothing to fear of death. Everything has been taken care of. No need to leave any instructions. Everything will be ultra-fine. Can your puny mind be a better minder of your loved ones than GOD?

Non-belief in the foregoing is the primary cause of sufferings in deathbeds. The finite brain is trying to stay alive thinking it is the master of its domain when in fact the soul is. The brain tries to activate the failing organs and leave endless instructions to the relatives all at the same time. When the supply of oxgen to the brain slowly extinguishes its functions, the suffering is at its zenith.

FRIENDS, ALWAYS bear in mind that your spirit has got your body and not the other way around. The body is just one medium the spirit has occupied in this wonderful journey called experience. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

syempre the thought of dying is scary... pero its inevitable... we are all dying right at this moment... iba iba lang ang "rate" or pace ng dying natin... iba biglaan, iba slow... :(

ako i know for a fact na ill be lucky to have 25 more years... ngayon di na nakakagulat yung namamatay ng maaga... i guess its the pace we live our lives... mas natatakot siguro ako na mamatay ng wala ka man lang nagawa sa buhay mo... :(

i see death to be either an extention of life or the end of it. my emotion towards death may differ depending on the state i will be in as i die.

if die now, i'd rather that death be an extention of life as i cannot quit life now. it is so darn great. however, had i died a few months ago when life really sucked i would have welcomed death as the end of life.

fear death? dunno. will cross the bridge...or climb the stairs when i'm there.

Guest vaindoll

hindi ako takot mag cross-over sa after life. takot ako sa proseso sa kung paano ako mamamatay dahil hindi ko alam kung kailan, at sa anong way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...