The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

For their cellular plan, I had a series of filed complaints of delayed messages and being unreachable for quite some time at Globe customer service branches. I kept their service number but to my surprise last time I tried to complain, there was no file found. As proof, I even showed pictures of delayed time stamped messages from multiple senders, most of which were of urgent nature. I had already changed phones as my Iphone 12 Pro was bought in San Francisco and used Huawei P series and Samsung A53 but the issue continued.

I requested for a sim change because of the persistent issue but the CS personnel just attempted to call me on my number and when it connected, I was told that there was nothing wrong with my sim or line. I was asked to turn off the VOLTE feature as their network is still not that fully operational. This is despite Globe advertisements claiming 95% coverage in NCR and my residence is near the Korean Embassy. I had better signals with sims bought abroad during travel and used here on roaming using Globe network before but i cannot put load on it here. I was also requesting a change to eSim for my old Iphone 12 pro and the CS personnel gave me a hard time on this as if denying me of every service I was requesting. 

The other networks are just as bad, especially Smart telecoms. I was having poor signal reception along NLEX en route to Clark, Angeles despite the networks' claim of good signal there and I decided to disconnect or to transfer number portability to the new telco, DITO. I was updated on my bills and paid the unbilled charges twice as per network policy for number portability. The network was denying me of transfer to the other telco despite severals days of having paid already. The other telco was updating and showing me proof that the issue is with Smart telecoms as they are not processing/releasing my number despite having submitted the necessary documentary requirements. It was only when NTC intervened that it was processed. 

It is too early to say anything on my new network as I had just been with DITO for 10 months but it is still ok. Both Globe and Smart telecoms sucks. And it is inevitable that DITO will likewise suck. This is due to the fact that the Philippines has the worst infrastructures in the world brought about by the tireless bickering of political forces/parties wresting control over one another. 22 years behind even if compared in Fiji and Tunisia. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...