ever been in a situation where the only beer to be found was not cold but warm and you still drank the beer anyway?

i did. back in college we were on an exposure trip to a peasant community in Bataan. come nightfall we checked out the sari sari store and all they had was warm Stag beer. pinatos pa rin namin! hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone here tell me: which bar serves guiness draft nowadays? somehow it tastes better that way, hindi masarap yung nasa lata. this used to be available at blarney stone, which was at the basement of glass tower, on palanca st in makati. pero ever since that place closed, i don't know where i can get guiness draft.

i had a memorable conversation with an expat there. i was drinking guiness, he was drinking SMB pale pilsen. he asked me why i was drinking guiness when SMB was one of the best beers in the world. i said, sure, i love san miguel, but i can buy those brown bottles in any sari-sari store in the country! here at blarney stone, i'm getting guiness!

i've tried grolsch, heineken, tiger, anchor... good stuff, but really... doesn't SAN MIGUEL PALE PILSEN make you proud to be filipino?

my other favorites: tsingtao, kirin, dos equis, molson (from canada). american beers.... blah! di na nga masarap, ginawa pang "lite"!?!

a friend of mine swears that kilkenny from ireland is excellent, divine. so like my question about guiness, saan kaya ito available?

CHEERS!

• 4 weeks later...
can anyone here tell me: which bar serves guiness draft nowadays? somehow it tastes better that way, hindi masarap yung nasa lata. this used to be available at blarney stone, which was at the basement of glass tower, on palanca st in makati. pero ever since that place closed, i don't know where i can get guiness draft.

i had a memorable conversation with an expat there. i was drinking guiness, he was drinking SMB pale pilsen. he asked me why i was drinking guiness when SMB was one of the best beers in the world. i said, sure, i love san miguel, but i can buy those brown bottles in any sari-sari store in the country! here at blarney stone, i'm getting guiness!

i've tried grolsch, heineken, tiger, anchor... good stuff, but really... doesn't SAN MIGUEL PALE PILSEN make you proud to be filipino?

my other favorites: tsingtao, kirin, dos equis, molson (from canada). american beers.... blah! di na nga masarap, ginawa pang "lite"!?!

a friend of mine swears that kilkenny from ireland is excellent, divine. so like my question about guiness, saan kaya ito available?

CHEERS!

am also hunting for locally available guiness.

somebody gave me a sixpack of grolsch! yahu!

Edited by dennis612