Which Is/was Better: Dorm, Room For Rent Or Apt?

• 1 month later...

During your first two years in college, living in a dorm is a good idea. You get to have instant friends, instant go-to people for copying homework, borrowing books, old exams, tutors, etc.

After that, when you have built friendships and met a lot of people, it's time to move to either (1) your own place, or (2) an apartment with friends you can live with. Note that good friends do not equal to good roommates. Keep that in mind!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

For me, dorm life beats everything else. I studied at UPLB and I lived in a dorm which actually taught me so much about improving myself.

One example: Seeing a group of boys, half-naked and quaffing beer or gin at night is something you kind of expect in a dorm. But if you make an effort to join them, among the sidebar conversations would be about gene segregation, the mechanism of RNA transferase (I hope I got that right) and (late 70s pa ako nag college) why Edwards and Steptoe (Nobel Prize winners yata ito)deserve the Nobel Prize. Of course, all that heady stuff are interspersed with talk about the legs of a girl classmate, PBA scores and asaran.

I have lived in a few countries, done graduate school, etc. But nothing came close to the kind of life I enjoyed in the dorm.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i think that would depends on the situations. if you're a student/reviewee and you live far i think dorm or a room for rent is better. if you're are already working and you live far from your office, school or hospital where you work it would be beneficial to stay in a room for rent or in an apartment but try to canvass first for the prices and visit the place do an occular observation tignan mo yung lugar kung malinis ba? safe ba? maganda ba? mga ganon. then you decide where to stay.

staying in an apartment would be good if you have your friends with you, cause it would be cheaper for all of you for example lima kayo, mas makakamura kasi hati hati kayo. so that's all. just my perception :)

Edited by Gits
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kung mayaman ka, having your own space is still the best way to go.

But being in a dorm has its own Perks din naman. Some of my very best friends I have met when I was still staying in the dormitories. Tsaka dyan mo talaga matutunan makisama sa ibat ibang klase ng tao. Naimprove ko ng sobra social skills ko din in all those years in the dormitory. Syempre makikisama ka dyan dapat pag gagamit ng shower rooms, banyo, lababo etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...