477 replies to this topic

#41 uncertain_realm

uncertain_realm

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

been planning to take up MBA but the budget and the time aint that accomodating. hopefully i can do that this year.

#42 ronjiro

ronjiro

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:18 AM

San ba maganda kumuha ng Master Degree for Computer Science. And magkano?

#43 g_funk

g_funk

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:19 PM

i did enroll in MS-IT, completed 18 units and wasn't able to continue on due to time constraints. sayang nga... was doin well pa naman... :(

#44 jt2003

jt2003

Drunk and falling off his chair

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

For those thinking of pursuing an MBA...

The quality of your education will depend not on your school and not on your professors. It will depend on the quality of your peers, i.e. your classmates and groupmates. Your professor is for the most part a facilitator. There are no lectures in an MBA class. An MBA is peer education. That's why most institutions require a certain amount of work experience before you can be accepted into their MBA programs. You teach what you've learned. They learn from you, you learn from them.

Some time ago, I asked a friend what the difference was between an undergraduate Psych degree and a graduate Psych degree (she has both, plus a master's degree in another field and PhD units). The latter, she said, was more about self-education. In other words, you took on greater responsibility for your education.

With an MBA, it's about learning from others, from their experiences.

If you decide to pursue an MBA and stick to it, you'll be drowned with group work. You'll need to be around people who know what they're talking about. You'll need to be around people who know how the world works. Unfortunately, you'll also be around people who'll say that the solution to a certain problem is to let the managers or president know about the problem ("Isumbong natin sa presidente!"). How idiotic can you get? But it happens.

With an MBA, it's really about your peers. There may come a point (hopefully not) where you feel that you're teaching more than learning...and paying for it. If such a time comes, it may be better to just leave and go elsewhere.

#45 brgabesj

brgabesj

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming & Networking

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

Am planning to study for an MA in Theology at Loyola School of Theology, an affiliated unit of the Ateneo de Manila University. Right now am still completing my BA in Philosophy at the Ateneo.

#46 mar_go_88

mar_go_88

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:reading...surfing the net...

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

I'm done with it po... I graduated last year... Master Of Public Administration po :)

#47 choy_1979

choy_1979

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Yes, I'm planning to take up masteral in Business Admin or Engineering.

Syempre sa my former school ko. UP.

Why? It is for me to have a further knowledge on the said field.

#48 mc_darklight

mc_darklight

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:watching movie...

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:32 AM

im planning pro hindi pa siguro ngayon,

#49 imijin

imijin

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:47 PM

gusto ko din sana mag masters pero busy nako sa trabaho ngayon... sayang nga eh...

#50 G T

G T

flying under the radar

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

been planning to but because of the nature of my work,walang time. aside from this, nag iipon pa ako. if not MBA, i might take executive MBA course para mas mabilis

#51 mistercool

mistercool

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

as for me, i think i will take my MBA at PLM. enrollment is around the corner...

I ask several PLM grads and they say its good. anyone here who thinks otherwise?

#52 valjean

valjean

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Agree ako sa sinabi ni jt2003. Best thing to do before enrolling in an MBA program is to gain a rounded experience in different business areas like marketing, production and finance. In this way your contribution to the class is meaningfull, your dicussions with your prof has depth and your can compare what you learn in class with your actual experience.

#53 turista

turista

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

Nag enrol ako sa MS program sa isang university dyan sa Intramuros. Puro paper chaser ung kaklase ko at yung karamihan ng professors takot sa discussions. Sayang pera.

#54 hardinero

hardinero

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:37 PM

im planning to take mba but dito pa ako sa ilocos..pag malipat na cguro sa manila,pwde na...

#55 Screwtape

Screwtape

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:50 AM

I have some Masteral credits from National University of Singapore. Ndi ko na natuloy...

#56 speed1909

speed1909

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

Take the mba. Better yet, go full time/load up on units, if you can afford it. Stick to the local brand names if you're going to study in the Philippines. (Ateneo, DLSU, UP, AIM)

That degree combined with a decent work experience will open doors for you both locally and around the region.

(Nowadays, I noticed that a lot of multinationals hire regionally - i.e. they look for talent around the asiapac region.)

#57 icetip

icetip

There's more than meets the ice

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

It will all boil down on the student. If you really have that zest in learning and not just get a diploma and a title then get a masters.

But if your getting it just to have a promotion. I beg not, chances are you'll get promoted but if your really not serious in learning your boss and subordinates will realize that your juat crap. ( Mas nakakahiya lang)

#58 Guest_rotc1990_*

Guest_rotc1990_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

Next year magtetake n me ng master degree....

#59 tobertsarcher

tobertsarcher

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:29 PM

PLM is a good place to take your MBA the same quality of education that you can get from DLSU, Ateneo, and UP.

Most of my former prof. are also MBA grads from PLM and they are teaching in CSB and they came from the said schools.

Financial wise mas mura ito kaysa kumuha ka sa mga exclusive schools na ang tataas ng tuition just to get a hold of their MBA diplomas.

Actually nag iipon pa ako for the MBA course then kuha ako ng teaching units para makapag turo sa CSB or maybe other school para naman ma i share ko ang mga natutunan ko from CSB.

Animo La Salle.....
Animo Benilde......

#60 sir_lancelot

sir_lancelot

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:gorgoues hot, horny kolehiyalas and mature ladies!!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hmm, puro MPA, MBA ang mga nababasa kong master dito ha? Wala bang interesadong kumuha ng health related masters?

Kung meron, I suggest go to UP-Manila\ kung kaya mong maging student on residency. PEro kung gahol ka, try mo yung UP-Open University. Modular ang aral at once a week ang meeting, mayroon ding internet courses para sa nasa malayong ibayo ng Pinas. Bagay ito sa mga students na independent study ang orientation ngh kanilang learning process.

Since walang Master in Physical Therapy pa dito sa pinas, im presently taking up Master in Health Professions Education, coz I'm teaching in a medical school. Ganda ng courses, talagang relevant lahat at mababait ang mga teachers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users