I applaud the Muslim women for following their religious(?) doctrine of being covered up.

Kesa naman sa modern western fashion na napaka-vain (in my opinion).

While I think it is a little bit excessive (siguro pwede naman na ipakita yung mukha para

hindi mukhang ninja kumpara sa mga lalake na kita yung buong mukha, tapos kung pwede din ibang

kulay ng damit or kung may onting design, hindi yung all-black lang), it is better for their

society because in the end, they really judge women by looking at their inner beauty and good

deeds, as compared to the western society (including us) na sobrang laki ng influence in

physical attribute. Basta maganda at sexy, WOWW!. Kumbaga they way we look at women,

parang nagiging mas mababaw tayo kumpara sa Muslim society

I’ve read in some articles (though I can’t attest them personally) that the covering on Muslim women’s face (they call it Burqa) has nothing to do with Islam. It is more of tradition or culture than Islamic. The only thing that states in Quran is this:

“For women: Cover your chest (24:31); Lengthen your garments (33:59) and for both sexes; The BEST garment is righteousness and modest conduct (7:26).

In addition, not all Muslim women wear or required to wear burqa. In Turkey for example, where secular ideas prevail and people are being given the freedom to choose.

While in stricter Muslim countries where women are forced to wear burqa, failure to do so can result in beatings, harassment or worse.

I’ve read in some articles (though I can’t attest them personally) that the covering on Muslim women’s face (they call it Burqa) has nothing to do with Islam. It is more of tradition or culture than Islamic. The only thing that states in Quran is this:

“For women: Cover your chest (24:31); Lengthen your garments (33:59) and for both sexes; The BEST garment is righteousness and modest conduct (7:26).

In addition, not all Muslim women wear or required to wear burqa. In Turkey for example, where secular ideas prevail and people are being given the freedom to choose.

While in stricter Muslim countries where women are forced to wear burqa, failure to do so can result in beatings, harassment or worse.

Thank you for the additional information, I didn't know that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Please read the article below and can somebody please clarify the issue regarding Muslims mandated to k*ll infidels? Are all non-Muslims infidels?

FROM DR. ADEREMI AKIN...........................As it stands today, the Islamic religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially amongst the minority races!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session, there was presentations by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim who each explained their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say. So, the Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Muslim and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I then responded. So, let me make sure I have this straight ie. All followers of Allah have been commanded to k*ll everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 'He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine the Pope can command all Catholics to k*ll those of your faith or in addition, Dr Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Muslim was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to k*ll me! Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to k*ll me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me too?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the naked truth about the evil in Muslims' beliefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 months later...

I have a question regarding Freddie Aguilar.

He's a Muslim now right? I actually have no problem with him marrying his then 16-year old girlfriend. What i do not get is why it seems that Islam was used for convenience in this case. Also, if Freddie Aguilar is indeed a Muslim, is it okay in Islam that a Muslim owns and operates a bar/restaurant that serves haram?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Please read the article below and can somebody please clarify the issue regarding Muslims mandated to k*ll infidels? Are all non-Muslims infidels?

FROM DR. ADEREMI AKIN...........................As it stands today, the Islamic religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially amongst the minority races!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session, there was presentations by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim who each explained their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say. So, the Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Muslim and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I then responded. So, let me make sure I have this straight ie. All followers of Allah have been commanded to k*ll everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 'He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine the Pope can command all Catholics to k*ll those of your faith or in addition, Dr Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Muslim was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to k*ll me! Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to k*ll me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me too?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the naked truth about the evil in Muslims' beliefs.

Almost 3 years without an answer. The thread gods have been remiss in their duties!

Short answer is yes, infidels and idolaters. The long answer is pretty much all over (the thoughtful segments of) this thread.