I find Krispy Kreme donuts too sweet. I noticed the long lines, are they giving out glazed donuts to the customers who are waiting? In HK, you get a freebie while waiting in line.

KK's too hyped. Sa umpisa lang ito. Parang Go Nuts. Ako, I still prefer Dunkin' Donuts. Masarap at mura pa. Hindi gaano matamis. I like Dunkin's Nutty Chocolate, Choco Marble and Strawberry Filled.

Krispy Kremes are the Best!

Gonuts and Cello's are good too.

Sarap din sana ang Dunkin pero...

Problem lang sa Dunkin' is that madumi yung place nila. Hindi hygienic. Yung Dunkin' sa Megamall grabe mga daga sa likod ng counter. And notice the Dunkin' food carts along hallways of malls, their donuts are stored in those stackable trays that are not properly covered. In fact, I remember walking along the mall when a Dunkin Donut delivery passed beside me. No cover! Just the stackable trays on a pushcart. Just imagine how exposed the donuts are from the delivery truck to the food cart. :sick:

By the way, ang Dunkin' sa Powerplant hindi mura.

Ewan ko lang ang Hot Loops.

Krispy Kreme Original Glaze is best paired with black coffee... or yung Toffee Nut Latte ng Starbucks hehehe.

Nung opening ng KK dito sa HK they were giving away samples kasi mahaba talaga yung pila, but when I went there last Saturday mabilis naman yung line (no free donut).

Complaint ko lang sa KK dito - I ordered a double dozen (i think that's what it is called) which is supposed to be 1 dozen assorted and 1 dozen original glazed.

The guy just took 2 boxes behind him and gave it to the cashier who asked me if I was indeed getting a double dozen. I said yes (it is $10 more ata than 2 boxes of original glazed).

Pero when I got home - I found out na parehong Original Glazed binigay sa akin. I guess you really have to make sure that if they get the pre packed boxes you have to double check kung yung nga yung laman or have them fill the boxes in front of you. Anyways, masarap pa rin naman siya hehehe

Edited by strangedays

36 pesos for the plain and 39 for the special kinds. pretty good actually. When i was in the states, karamihan ng krispy kreme na punthahan ko pnoy employees...

tapos when i buy they always give extra, minsan isang box bibilin ko pero dadagdagan nila. tapos minsan i expirienced buying 1 dozen only para iuwi sa pinas, tapos he gave me two! i asked him why he just said "hindi naman sakin yan eh, ingat sa paguwi tol!" hahahaha!

Have you been part of the hype at city center the fort? Their doughnuts are the best es[ecially when the HOT SIGN is on! :cool:

Have you seen this thread yet:

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=3965770

Kindly use your search function to find out if there is an existing thread for the topic you have in mind before opening a new one.

Merging threads.

Edited by Wyld

There's no more line at the Fort.

The hype has died down. Nothing special really with the donuts. Too sweet, eating two in a row is just eating one too many. I ordered a dozen two days ago, I think that there's still eight in the ref. If nobody consumes it until Saturday, all our ants will be sick with diabetes ;P

I finally was able to go to Krispy Kreme at the Fort early this morning. Pipila pa lang kami ng friends ko, binigyan na kami ng libreng sampler nung glazed donuts. Mainit init pa nung binigay sa amin kaya masarap. Comparing it to Go Nuts' version of the glazed donuts, mas malambot ang sa Krispy Kreme tsaka mas matamis.

Very limited yung options nung boxes, talagang pang dozen lang at wala man lang half-dozen. Kaya naghati kami ng friend ko dun sa 550 na dozen glazed/dozen assorted.

Hintayin ko na lang magbukas yung sa Sm Megamall before I get these donuts again. Napaka-out of the way ng the Fort.

And btw, walang pila nung nandun kami.

surprsing, hindi na mahaba ang pila. gonuts experienced weeks of long lines when they opened. gonuts will survive. they are less expensive, have many outlets already, and keep adding new flavors (even drinks; ano kaya ang lasa nung pastillas de leche drink?)

KK here in the US is a business in trouble.

Its popularity has gone down mainly because of its prices.

Lots of branches have closed down.

In fact ... they have resorted to having "stalls" in groceries and gas stations (something that was unheard of in KK's heyday)... in a local supermarket here, KK is 2 for a dollar.

In an Exxon On the Run convenience store, Coffee and one KK donut is a dollar.

Its too sweet. Its too hyped up.

It seems that KK in US now is just like KKK

Now after 2 weeks the hype may just have mellowed now here in PI

@ 36 pesos per donut - the common pinoy can use this amount on

a KFC rice meal

I hope they last long

KK here in the US is a business in trouble.

Its popularity has gone down mainly because of its prices.

Lots of branches have closed down.

In fact ... they have resorted to having "stalls" in groceries and gas stations (something that was unheard of in KK's heyday)... in a local supermarket here, KK is 2 for a dollar.

In an Exxon On the Run convenience store, Coffee and one KK donut is a dollar.

Its too sweet. Its too hyped up.

WB how about BUCHI na lang na walang sugar ... peace :boo:

Effective pa ba ung

500 pesos - 2 dozens of Glaze

550 - 1 dozen of glaze and 1 dozen asstd

Kelan open ung Megamall branch?

OK lang naman ang sugary e....in fact high na high ako dyan.....lalo na sa sugar na may paa at kamay at may bumpers sa harap at sa likod....lalo na kapag balbon at brunette :evil:

Para di OT:

Hopefully mga 2nd Qtr ng 2007 or earlier mago-open ang Megamall branch?

I was able to try out Krispy Kreme doughtnuts at the Fort a few days back when our Christmas party was held nearby.

I didn't much like their Original Glazed doughnuts. I thought Gonuts Donuts' Amazing Glazed doughnuts tasted better.

However, I did like the Chocolate Ice Kreme Filled flavor. So far, it's my favorite doughnut variety of all time, hehe... :)

don't know what the hype is all about...too sugary from the first to the third time i tried it...i can understand if some people find it tasty but is it really worth all that hype? or did i merely mistake impartial reviews for promotional publicity?

mas gusto ko pa yung plain donuts sa starbucks...painit lang ng konti sa microwave, saktong pangtapat na sa kape! :cool: