What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

Guest kicx

i'm not sure with this, pero sabi ng mga taga ford. japanese cars dapat high octane.... american cars naman low octane.

i use vortex silver (kasi yun lang malapit na station sa amin) but whenever possible i use shell unleaded for my corolla (love life) and yung consumption nya is 1:7-10. depends talaga sa traffic

i use low octane because i read somewhere na waste of energy lang ang high octane at wala naman significant benefits.

Guest kicx

i think 95 high octane, highest yata ngayon sa market yung petron blaze at 96

yung mga 93 yan yung mga silver, shell unleaded etc.,

correct me if i'm wrong :)

i once used petron xcs in my mazda 1999 glxi but seems i cant

get enough milage, 1:6.5 lang.(aircon to low lever, city driving)

but when i used, petron blaze gumanda takbo and gumanda

pa milage ng ride ko, 1:10. (same condition)

sa experience ko lang yan ha.

now im using blaze or kung wala velocity as its equivalent.

i use Sell Unleaded on my 1.4L 1990 Nissan Sentra. consumption is at a minimal in long trips but it lacks power. sometimes i use velocity and i'm happy with the difference in performance.

i had a 1992 corolla gl ae92 carbeurator type engine. my fuel filter always got clogged up with velocity. blaze worked better. more power and around 8 km/l

with corolla 1996 gli efi, seemed not to have any difference - 6 km/l. as to toyota revo 1.8, someone told me velocity had a harming effect on engines because of its 'strength'. any truth to this? i tried using both xcs and shell premium yielding 6-7 km/l. will blaze do me any better or more harm?

i've been using shell unleaded on my lynx ghia '00 for about 5 months now - not sure if it has any effects on the engine - pero right now my fuel filter is clogged. I haven't changed though.

anybody tested the new petron unleaded? 1114kms on one full tank - must be a big tank...

guys medyo OT: pero may problem ba kung naghalo halo ka ng gas types or brands..ako kasi i gas up with Shell unleaded or premium but sometimes out of convenience i use other brands? la naman problema ako na encounter but what about in the long run?

Shell Velocity, 95 ang octane rating. Pansin ko mas malakas ang arangkada kesa pag unleaded ang kinarga ko.. yun nga lang, mabilis maka-worn out ng sparkplug (DAW).. pero ayoko maniwala, basta yun pa rin ang gusto ko. Besides, mura lang naman ang sparkplug ah. Hehehe. 2004 Nissan Sentra

Edited by black cat
i'm not sure with this, pero sabi ng mga taga ford.  japanese cars dapat high octane.... american cars naman low octane.

i use low octane because i read somewhere na waste of energy lang ang high octane at wala naman significant benefits.

Partly true---american vehicles are designed to use lower octane fuels. Lowest octane rating natin dito is 91, if I'm right. Sa US, 87 octane is lowest, mataas na ang 93. Not all japanese cars are meant for high-octane fuel, only the japanese performance cars like the Integra/RSX/RX-7/Skyline/etc. Those cars are designed for 98 RON or more for best performance. They'll work at lower octane ratings, just not as fast as the spec sheet says.

High octane petrol theoretically burns cleaner and more efficiently than low octane fuels, thus, you should theoretically cover more mileage. In city driving however, this is wasted (considering EDSA traffic) as you spend most of your time in low revs or idle, where the benefits of high-octane fuel isnt felt (yeah, you may be burning the fuel more efficiently, you're just not going anywhere).

don't know if this is true....but i read on a UK Shell message board that high octane fuel degrades over time since they aren't as stable as lower RON fuels. supposedly, 98 RON petrol breaks down and becomes something like 96 RON at the end of 2 to 3 weeks. So dapat ang kinarga mong Velocity or Blaze should be just enough to last you 2 weeks max para di sayang.

don't know if this is true....but i read on a UK Shell message board that high octane fuel degrades over time since they aren't as stable as lower RON fuels. supposedly, 98 RON petrol breaks down and becomes something like 96 RON at the end of 2 to 3 weeks. So dapat ang kinarga mong Velocity or Blaze should be just enough to last you 2 weeks max para di sayang.

i dont think your full tank will last that long considering metro manila traffic

guys medyo OT: pero may problem ba kung naghalo halo ka ng gas types or brands..ako kasi i gas up with Shell unleaded or premium but sometimes out of convenience i use other brands? la naman problema ako na encounter but what about in the long run?

actually meron according to my service advisor, if at all possible just stick to one type of fuel, kung unleaded ka, unleaded na all the way, but if wala kang choice at walang unleaded just fill your tank with enough premium to go to another station and fill up there with unleaded...u need to consume pala muna the premium para ma-dilute sya ng unleaded. in the long run, your fuel filter might have a problem if u contine mixing unleaded with premium....as to other brands...no problem naman as long as you trust their quality.

actually meron according to my service advisor, if at all possible just stick to one type of fuel, kung unleaded ka, unleaded na all the way, but if wala kang choice at walang unleaded just fill your tank with enough premium to go to another station and fill up there with unleaded...u need to consume pala muna the premium para ma-dilute sya ng unleaded. in the long run, your fuel filter might have a problem if u contine mixing unleaded with premium....as to other brands...no problem naman as long as you trust their quality.

ive read the same things somewhere in car forums about switching problems between synthetic and conventional engine oils. i wonder if the same principle works here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dobermaxx

I usually load up will Shell Unleaded and get on the average about 10km/L Once a month I load up with Velocity. The higher octane burns hotter so it's better at cleaning out deposits. And once in a blue moon when i have access to it, i go 50/50 with Av gas and Blaze to really clean it out. :P