• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#21 hardtohandle

hardtohandle

HARD AS HARD CAN BE.

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Anything that interests you!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:29 AM

Saan ka ba nag-aaral? Kung may pool sa school nyo, kunin mong PE swimming, that would be a good start...

Kung working ka naman na... enroll in a swimming class.

But be wary of swimming pools, pwede kang magkaroon ng ear infection dyan...

#22 Lilyblue

Lilyblue

:P

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

i duno how to swim din :(

may chance pa ba to learn how to ... kahit na am kinda old na :)

#23 Headroom

Headroom

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

But be wary of swimming pools, pwede kang magkaroon ng ear infection dyan...

You should have no problems with the pools if they have been properly chlorinated and cleaned.

You can also try wearing a swimming cap that covers your ears - keeps the water out and also keeps your body streamlined as your hair is not in the water and getting in the way.

#24 newbiewankenobe

newbiewankenobe

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:food,cats,sports

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:12 PM

if you really want to learn the fast and the right way kelangan mo talaga ng swim instructor na alam ang ginagawa nya. ang tip ko naman sa mga ndi marunong magswim kelangan relax lang, the more na naging tense ang body mo the more na lulubog ka.

#25 dickie_doug

dickie_doug

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hi Folks,

The best way to learn how to swim is to enroll in a swimming school. You will be taught how to float, breath, kick and arm swing. The basic course includes freestyle and threading.

Cheers

#26 roquerle2

roquerle2

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

i know how to freestyle and breaststroke but the problem was i dont know how to thread in the pool lalo na pag pagod kana,
minsan alanganin nako tumawid sa 5th or 6th feet deep i felt heavy both my arms and legs.

any good tips how to develop effective threading to prevent sinking thanks

Edited by roquerle2, 20 December 2006 - 08:31 PM.

#27 Boysbe

Boysbe

Good old fashion,lover boy...

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Interests:Crazy for you.

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

Hi Folks,

The best way to learn how to swim is to enroll in a swimming school. You will be taught how to float, breath, kick and arm swing. The basic course includes freestyle and threading.

Cheers

Yup,most of the collages offer that,I learned freestyle and butterfly stroke there,and its only about 5,4 ft.

#28 Waterbearer

Waterbearer

God of Lust

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,644 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

i duno how to swim din :(

may chance pa ba to learn how to ... kahit na am kinda old na :)

Yes of course.....swimming is for everyone :)

#29 Headroom

Headroom

Player

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

Anyone learning should also ask about side stroke - the most energy efficient of all the swimming strokes and one of the easiest to learn.

Is also the basic stroke used by lifesavers when "towing" other people with only their hands.

#30 tidyaxx

tidyaxx

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:54 AM

i know how to freestyle and breaststroke but the problem was i dont know how to thread in the pool lalo na pag pagod kana,
minsan alanganin nako tumawid sa 5th or 6th feet deep i felt heavy both my arms and legs.

any good tips how to develop effective threading to prevent sinking thanks

ganyan din ako eh..kaya kong mag freestyle and breaststroke pero takot akong mag threading. siguro ang key dyan is wag matakot para wag lumubog. ilang beses kong sinubukan pero napapagod ako sa threading kaya bumabalik ulit ako sa gilid ng pool.

#31 roquerle2

roquerle2

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

can you guys recommend clean and lenght size swimming pool besides Amoranto Sports Complex in QC and YMCA manila?

#32 Manticore

Manticore

God of Lust

• 5,577 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:43 AM

hi fellow mtc members! i really cant swim and afraid if im in pool. any tips of how to condition to learn to swim?

kahit floating d ako marunung. im thinking of swim lessons but if il be too afraid baka ala dim mapuntahan dba? hhehehe

kahit mga taog d runung lumangoy tumambay na ren dito baka maging bagong group thread ito :))

Stay at the shallow end of the pool, but deep enough for you to be completely submerged while squatting. Learn to "breathe" by gently blowing bubbles through your nose and mouth each time you squat, while inhaling when you are above the water. Once you get used to it, try to stay underwater for longer periods. When you are comfortable with this, lengthen your body facedown as you hold your breath. Once completely relaxed, you will find your body gradually aligning with the surface and you are floating. Do the breathing exercise by turning your head to the side, exposing your nose and mouth above the water in order to inhale, then blowing bubbles as you turn it facedown. You may also try floating on your back with your outstretched body, maintaining a straight posture parallel to the surface. You will be breathing as you normally would when out of the water in this position. Gradually move to the deeper end of the pool. If you feel that you are about to sink while upright, do any of the floating positions as you paddle your way to the gutter while applying the breathing technique. Before long, you will find that you are actually swimming. You may learn the correct form for swimming strokes from a coach or an experienced swimmer.

#33 bher2

bher2

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

relax lang. sa side ng pool na mababaw ka magpractice. bubbles muna, then practice ifloat ang sarili mo

#34 PaLaBoy69

PaLaBoy69

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

i learned to swim when my dad pushed me into a pool. was about 10 y/o then

lucky you, i think in was 6 when my dad threw me in the river... the hardest part was getting out of the DANG burlap sack!!! :D joke lang, but i 6 when my dad would just throw me in the pool and i had to doggy paddle back.

#35 Anaheim

Anaheim

The Way of the Intercepting Fist - Using No Way as Way

• (11) Wyld
  • 5,588 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, bowling, table tennis, oil painting, computer games, traveling around the world, hollywood movies.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

just think of it this way, even if you are overweight, chubby, fatty, cholesterelized body you won't sink at all. the bouyancy of all human forms is always 1, meaning we tend to float...lulubog talaga kayo kapag nag struggle kayo hahahaha

#36 newbiewankenobe

newbiewankenobe

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:food,cats,sports

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:50 PM

kung gusto nyo magenroll sa swimming class in makati pm me

Edited by newbiewankenobe, 19 January 2007 - 11:51 PM.

#37 rodstryker

rodstryker

*hate me?... so what?!*

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:02 AM

i know how to swim pero sisid lang. cant stay above the water or float continuously. hahaha:)

#38 kangkongkarnitz

kangkongkarnitz

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

How much ba usually ang lessons on how to swim? I would like to enroll my kid sana eh

Thanks

#39 THUG

THUG

• (05) Regular
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

anyone knows any 50 meter pool around metro manila?

any other alternatives aside from common and alternative pools like amoranto (andumi), rizal memorial, and ultra?

---

for 25 meter pools i haven't been to ateneo.. anybody knows how how much is the rate and schedule.

how about other resorts or pools that are open till midnight? i sometimes go to club manila east..

i like doing lap swims .. hope to join any guys in here into swimming..

thanks..

#40 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

PCA in manila?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users