Memory Enhancement...tips On How To

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I could'nt find a thread on how to improve your memory. So if anyone here can share their secret it would be much appreciated.

How about booster pills, certain foods, vitamins and exercise to maintain healty brain cells. I must admit that i'm not getting any younger and I need a good memory for my new line of work.

:)

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I could'nt find a thread on how to improve your memory. So if anyone here can share their secret it would be much appreciated.

How about booster pills, certain foods, vitamins and exercise to maintain healty brain cells. I must admit that i'm not getting any younger and I need a good memory for my new line of work.

:)

bro check this out...

www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45

merong topic discuss similar to your inqury

or try browsing www.nutritiondiscounters.com

Peanuts may be good, but the downside is plenty of uric acid. Ok din ang bananas coz it contains phosporous.

I've read somewhere that vitamin B12 and B6 could improve memory so I'm taking Super B- Complex capsules right now. I'd like to try Glutaphos and Ginko one of these days.

Thanks for the inputs guys, keep em coming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mnemonics, subliminal tapes, meditation, and imagery enhance retention. While some are hyped, as is the case with subliminal tapes, you'll find most of these techniques effective. If you're interested in taking the subliminal route, however, be very discriminating with the programs you choose. There's a wealth of resources available to suit your preferences in the form of books, audio/video media, even training seminars---if you're willing to invest on such a program. Like any new skill learned, however, constant practice makes all the difference.

agree on mnemonics. saved my behind during exams countless times.

during my recent masteral stint, i tried peanuts (brain food) but i think they added more calories than memories :blink: maybe that's why elephants never forget....but are also HUGE. ;)

'

if you are so inclined, you may also try picture/word association techniques (e.g. to remember your new friend HARRY, think of him as being hirsute (HAIRY), etc etc etc)

had heaps and heaps of memory-improving techniques before....pero nakalimutan ko na eh. :blush:

• 5 weeks later...

The Alliance for Aging Research recommends these 10 steps for improving your brain health.

1. Eat a Brain-Healthy Diet. A diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids (commonly found in fish), protein, antioxidants, fruits and vegetables and vitamin B; low in trans fats; and with an appropriate level of carbohydrates will help keep your brain healthy.

2. Stay Mentally Active. Activities such as learning a new skill or language, working on crossword puzzles, taking classes, and learning how to dance can help challenge and maintain your mental functioning.

3. Exercise Regularly. Exercising often can increase circulation, improve coordination, and help prevent conditions that increase the risk of dementia such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes.

4. Stay Social. Spending time with friends, volunteering, and traveling can keep your mind active and healthy.

5. Get Plenty of Sleep. Not getting enough sleep can have a negative impact on brain health.

6. Manage Stress. Participating in yoga, spending time with friends, or doing other stress-relieving activities can help preserve your ability to remember and learn.

7. Prevent Brain Injury. Wearing protective head gear and seat belts can help you avoid head injury, which has been associated with an increased risk of dementia.

8. Control Other Health Conditions. Maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, eating a well-balanced and nutritious diet, and controlling stress can help reduce your risk of diseases that affect your brain, including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and hypertension.

9. Avoid Unhealthy Habits. Smoking, heavy drinking and use of recreational drugs can increase the risk of dementia and cognitive decline.

10. Consider Your Genes. If your family history puts you at risk for developing dementia, work with your doctor to find ways to maintain your brain health to help avoid or slow the progression of cognitive decline.