Data Recovery

I recently bought an external HDD tapos inabutan ako ng brownout while copying some files.

Now when I try to access the HDD, it says I need to reformat it.

I know the data probably got corrupted but is there some way to recover the data which I've already saved on the HDD?

Meron ba shop or something that offers data recovery?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try looking for Hiren's boot disk or download GetNFTS data.

Yes, your files might still be there intact. Just don't overwrite it with data yet.

Yo don't need to go to an Internet shop for that. Also, you need a spare HDD to cache the data while retrieving it.

Give HDD Regenerator a spin.

HTH.

Cool thanks sige will give these progs a try now and tell you what happens. Thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Please help. My computer has broken but I was able to remove the harddisk, I bought an external case and all the content are there. However I seems can't find all my emails outlooks of my new computer. Can anyone advise me how or where can I retrieve emails from the old harddisk. TIA

outlook pst files are located at c:\documents and settings\accountname\local settings\application data\microsoft \outlook. those are your old e-mails....

• 3 weeks later...
sirs, my my 2GB usb isnt read by my pc for unknown reason. i have important files there that i hope i can still retreive. it is ok to dismantle my usb then connect its chip to another new usb just to get my files? or any other suggestions masters? thanks

have you tried using it on another PC and it still does not work? if this is the case, may naputol na hinang dyan sa loob ng USB. medyo risky if you would be dismantling it and try to put it on your own, for you can lose data in there.

pag nag work sya sa ibang PC, probably yung USB port mo ang may diprensya o may driver issues yung USB sa operating systems mo.

have you tried using it on another PC and it still does not work? if this is the case, may naputol na hinang dyan sa loob ng USB. medyo risky if you would be dismantling it and try to put it on your own, for you can lose data in there.

pag nag work sya sa ibang PC, probably yung USB port mo ang may diprensya o may driver issues yung USB sa operating systems mo.

yes sir i had tried it on other pcs...to no avail also.... so does this mean sir i need to go to an electronics technician...ung mga magagaling maghinang to lessen the risk?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys I need your help very badly. My HDD crashed. Hindi na ma-detect yung hard disk. Baka meron kayong alam na nagre-recovery ng files. Baka meron kayong kilala nagre-recover ng files kahit dead na ung hard disk. Please please I need you help guys. Thanks in advance.

Kung detected ng BIOS ang HDD and na observed mo na umiikot ang platters, pwede mo pa sya i-recover. HTH

CHEERS!!!