• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in-built spell checker. Thats about it if basing from benefits from actual usage. The new tab organizer is annoying thou.

You can switch back to the old tab style by going to about:config and finding browser.tabs.closeButtons.

Here are the values which control the way the tab close button appears. :cool:

0 - Display a close button on the active tab only

1 - Display a close button on each tab (default)

2 - Don’t display any close buttons

3 - Display a single close button at the end of the tab bar (Firefox 1.x behavior)

:headsetsmiley:

One bad thing about the upgrade I noticed is that some of the important plug-ins I have installed still have no updates for 2.0 so I can't use them.

Another is that the default spell checker, checks only for American English. I don't know if it has any International English support and how it can be switched. Although it's not really a problem, it's just annoying sometimes. Hehehe.

Ayun lang po. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just what is so special with Firefox, anyway? I tried using it pero parang bumagal conncetion ko. Hope you guys can convince me. Ano ba ang sablay ng IE vs FF?

Thanks!

Integrated ang ie sa microsoft windows kaya prone sa mga attacks(malware,adware,etc..) Sa firefox, secured ka. Kahit hindi ka na mag install ng mga antispyware sa pc mo, ok lang. Hindi nakakabagal ng connection ang firefox. Pwede mo nga pabilisin ang internet browsing mo e.

I use FF for personal browsing, only problem is I have gone through all of the available extensions that allow you to view a page as IE inside a FF tab and it still doesnt quite behave the same as IE. This is important for testing .NET apps so I still use IE for that. Maxthon does give you closer behaviour to IE though.

IE 7 sucks and still has lots of issues right now specially if you're using it on web apps for the intranet...

• 1 month later...
Just what is so special with Firefox, anyway? I tried using it pero parang bumagal conncetion ko. Hope you guys can convince me. Ano ba ang sablay ng IE vs FF?

Thanks!

Try mo Opera. If your just browsing and downloading opera will give better performance. But if you're running web apps, FF is you closest bet to IE. Di pa lahat supported ni Opera unless those apps have been developed to run on it.

Just my 2cents

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Try mo Opera. If your just browsing and downloading opera will give better performance. But if you're running web apps, FF is you closest bet to IE. Di pa lahat supported ni Opera unless those apps have been developed to run on it.

Just my 2cents

I use opera when I am developing WAP sites and applications. Opera supports xHTML kasi kaya you can browse WAP 2.0 sites.

Aside from that, i think Opera and FF has the same advantage (Both protects you from spywares. hehe).

I even use Opera Mini as my wap browser sa phone ko. ;)

• 3 weeks later...