Mobile Phone Help Thread

I have a US-sourced Nokia cellphone that works on GSM 850/1900 frequency. I know the Philippines works on the 900/1800 Frequency. Can I bring a 850/1900 phone and have it modified in the Philippines so it will work? How much do think this will cost?

Thanks in advance.

i think it will be more expensive for you to do that for you need to change some of the phone's internal circuitry.

much better if you just get a phone here.... cheaper too.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
are you asking if there are technicians who repair celphones?? members of mtc? im one of them.. i own a celphon repair shop and i know many members who are into celpon repairs..

I need help. I bought a K880 dual phone wd TVin China pero d naman sabay mag finction yung 2 sim. Yung myphone china made din pde gamitin at nakakareceive pareho. I tried the manual that says SIM B auto on wala din. Kailangan i swift to find if u have messages sa isang sim. Can you help me? TJ here.

i have a Motorola V6 Maxx, and i'm having problems making video calls... i already received the settings from Smart for MMS/3G/GPRS but when try to make a video call, it says "video call unsupported"... am i doing anything wrong? is there a setting i need to set in the phone itself for me to be able to make video calls?

yung kabila (or yung tinatawagan mo ang hindi supported).

he/she could either be using a non-3G phone, a non-activated 3G connection or he/she could be using Globe/Sun.

afaik, Smart to Smart lang ang video calls or Globe to Globe. wala pa silang interconnection sa video calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas everyone. I was just wondering if anybody can tell me how to install firmware updates on SE K800i, and if anyone knows how to make the volume louder on it. I think I saw somewhere that there was a firmware update that sorta resolves the weak sound problem. Thanks! :headsetsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Nokia N70 Music Edition. Someone gave me a Samsung Bluetooth Mono Headset WEP200. Both use Bluetooth Ver. 2.0 technology. However, whenever I try to search for paired devices from my cellphone, it is not able to detect the headset. Am I missing a step or something? Is there any compatibility issue here?

Edited by hammer87
I have a Nokia N70 Music Edition. Someone gave me a Samsung Bluetooth Mono Headset WEP200. Both use Bluetooth Ver. 2.0 technology. However, whenever I try to search for paired devices from my cellphone, it is not able to detect the headset. Am I missing a step or something? Is there any compatibility issue here?

there should be no compatibility issue. have you tried pairing the headset with another phone?

• 2 weeks later...
need help...

di ko magamit yung text messaging feature ng nokia 3230 ko. ako kaya ang problema? ok naman sya sa calls.

thanks in advance...

panong hindi magamit yung text messaging? hindi ka makapagpadala ng text? if this is the case, the SMS gateway might have been configured improperly.

Is there a way to clone a sim card. Not for illegal used. I just want to have 2 mobile phones that has the same sim. Both phones will have the same cell#number and received same incoming and outgoing calls, txt messages etc. Similar to a landline extension phone.

i don't think its possible for digital phones (SIMs) where each SIM is registered to the telco.