Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Guys, ano po bang brand ng Harddisk ang pinaka mainam bilhin...? nakakadalawang palit na kasi ako ng Harddisk pero parehong nasira eh...?  java script:add_smilie(":goatee:")

goatee.gif

Seagate... but isolate the problem first. Think of a main reason WHY your hdd failed. 1 usual culprit is the psu, generic psu's can harm your system, and therefore, has the capability of killing any part of your rig :D Don't even buy Dynamo for crying out loud :D Its worse than a generic :D hahaha :D

mga tol pa2long naman , ung laptop na gamit ko ngautomatic shutdown once na mg internet explorer ako. I try 2 reinstol the os pero ganon pa din....

Ano po ba lumalabas? NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM po ba ang lumalabas tapos may timer? kung ito po yun. Malamang virus po. Para mapigilan ang pag shutdown click nyo start then run tapos type cmd tapos type shutdown -a. tapos mag scan kayo either online or update kayo antivirus. tapos sa admin tools services click nyo yung remote procedure call tapos under recovery tab makikita nyo yung "restart system" in case of failure, tapos baguhin nyo gawin "take no action". Kung hindi naman ito ang nangyayari. Check nyo rin yung fan nang laptop baka busted na, pag sobra init nagshushutdown. kung blue screen, check nyo po memory and other hardware. Ano pa ba?

mga tol pa2long naman , ung laptop na gamit ko ngautomatic shutdown once na mg internet explorer ako. I try 2 reinstol the os pero ganon pa din....

Just use the auto-update tool of your computer, If you're using winxp then I guess you haven't installed Service Pack 2 on it yet. The message you are encountering is a winxp vulnerability.

But since your pc shuts down every now and then, follow the instructions of momo_aswang before using autoupdate.

Seagate... but isolate the problem first. Think of a main reason WHY your hdd failed.  1 usual culprit is the psu, generic psu's can harm your system, and therefore, has the capability of killing any part of your rig :D Don't even buy Dynamo for crying out loud :D Its worse than a generic :D hahaha :D

THANKS MAN.. SA TINGIN KO NGA THERE SUMTHING WRONG WD THE PSU, SO IN THIS CASE WHAT SHOUD I DO, CAN YOU SUGGEST ME ANY BRAND OR KIND OF PSU SHOULD I BUY ALSO THE SPECS IF THERE IS ANY... THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Guys, I have an external box with a MAXTOR 40 G HDD i was hoping to use as a backup for my PC in the office and my laptop at home...

problem is, my laptop can't see it... it sees it in device manager but can't load it... its got that yellow question mark sign... i tried to update driver, but it can't or won't... the driver disc it came with doesn't seem to have XP on it though,

it works naman on my office PC... XP Pro don, Home on my laptop..

it worked on my laptop on day one, then day two ayaw na...

any thoughts?

Edited by ElRey
Guys, I have an external box with a MAXTOR 40 G HDD i was hoping to use as a backup for my PC in the office and my laptop at home...

problem is, my laptop can't see it...  it sees it in device manager but can't load it...  its got that yellow question mark sign...  i tried to update driver, but it can't or won't...  the driver disc it came with doesn't seem to have XP on it though,

it works naman on my office PC...  XP Pro don, Home on my laptop..

any thoughts?

Baka po USB 1.1 yung laptop nyo tapos Strictly USB 2.0 comliance ang External HDD. Usually din kc there's no need to install a driver on external HDD pag XP gamit. baka nung nag install kayo nang non-Xp drivers eh nakasama.

problem is, my laptop can't see it...  it sees it in device manager but can't load it...  its got that yellow question mark sign...  i tried to update driver, but it can't or won't...  the driver disc it came with doesn't seem to have XP on it though,

it works naman on my office PC...  XP Pro don, Home on my laptop..

any thoughts?

That's one of my problem using removable storagel devices using USB, ex: my flash drive operates w/o any problem for a long time and all of a sudden, winxp does not recognize it. other flash drive can still be detected w/o problem on my pc and my flash works on other PCs. Same issue on card readers also. I think winxp registry gets fouled up by re-detecting the same device in due time.

Anyway you may try this program EzRecover , supposedly it will apply the hotfix for winxp re problems on usb mass storage device problem.

Best Regards

well just tried the ez recover,

still can't locate my storage device...

any more ideas?

Try to replace your external HD's casing. Oftentimes, the interface between your HD and the USB connector is easily broken which is why XP fails to detect it. This happened to some of my friends who bought some cheap case for their HDs and it's always fixed by replacing the case. :headsetsmiley:

well just tried the ez recover,

still can't locate my storage device...

any more ideas?

ok here's another one (natisod ko sa google :) )

first print the info on this site Cleanup Windows Device Manager in SAFE MODE. Then turn the PC off for awhile - about 30 minutes. Unplug it from the wall too. After the 30 minutes are up, open the case and remove the motherboard battery for a few seconds. Put it back in and reboot.

If you know how to get into BIOS setup, do that and disable Legacy USB. If you're overclocking, don't.

Then follow the cleanup guide procedure you've printed earlier.

Hope this helps. BTW the above procedure may require you to reinstall all usb devices previously detected.

its a laptop though bro...

it works on my desktop...

i'm half inclined to re-load xp etc

oops sorry bout that :) Anyway a clean install will definitely solve your problem, but regarding removing the CMOS battery, you may skip that and proceed with the other steps mentioned there. By removing the driver information previously installed on your winxp, it will then treat the previously installed device as a new device and install the appropriate drivers. If all things fail, it is logical to reinstall your xp.

Question...what will I do with a GROUNDED PC? kc ang hirap I-boot mga 5 mins. trial and error bgo mag-boot....pag nagboot namn....wla png 5 mins. mong gnagmit...hung n ung PC...kainis :grr: ....ung stand-offs nya from MB to casing is plastic namn. pg kiniskis ko ung piece of wire s casing lkas ng spark.....prang mhinang lusis....ibng klase nga eh....blak ko ngang magplit ng casing eh...any other solution bsides changing the casing???

any suggestions are welcome...... :thumbsupsmiley: :mtc:

Elrey,

Re-installing winXP won't necessarily solve the problem. Reinstall only as a last resort. Have you downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website? Have you checked the properties section (baka may IRQ conflicts)?

ya i tried doing that but it's one of those taiwan brands of external boxes....

hmmm...

Question...what will I do with a GROUNDED PC? kc ang hirap I-boot mga 5 mins. trial and error bgo mag-boot....pag nagboot namn....wla png 5 mins. mong gnagmit...hung n ung PC...kainis :grr: ....ung stand-offs nya from MB to casing is plastic namn. pg kiniskis ko ung piece of wire s casing lkas ng spark.....prang mhinang lusis....ibng klase nga eh....blak ko ngang magplit  ng casing eh...any other solution bsides changing the casing??? 

any suggestions are welcome......  :thumbsupsmiley:  :mtc:

1. Its your power supply, usually, generic brands do that :D

2. Its also your casing :D

3. Or if you want, connect a wire to the metal spot of your pc, dig a hole (soil pls :D) andplace a ground rod there, and connect the wire to the rod :D

4. Change your AVR too, probably you bought the 300-350 pesos AVR *kuno* in pc shops, which doesnt really regulate ANYTHING, its just a fancy extension wire. Buy a branded AVR (DIY, etc etc) or UPS instead :D

Check if your mobo has bloated capacitor, or if your mems already crapped out. Go download a memtest86+ to check for your mems, if you see a bloated capacitors on your mobo, replace it asap. :D