mtc brods, pls give advice to me. all things being equal, which mor economical to use nowadays electric cooking appliances or using LPG. pls PM me. tnx

its hard to say actually. depends on a lot of things like kind of cooking you do, how long, and yung consideration na kung brownout di ka maka luto vs. safety issues with lpg. eh nagmamahal ang lpg at kuryente eh. for sure with the increase in fuel prices may increases din sa lpg and pati na rin sa kuryente depende kung saang area ka.

sa tingin ko hindi malaki ang difference ng lpg at kuryente but i thing technical people like mr robbietan and other engineers here can better answer your question

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO,

at today's prices, its more economical to have a gas tove than an electric stove.

if you live in the country where you can raise pigs, there is an available kit that will provide you with all the cooking LPG you need. just raise 10 pigs and there you go.

things I dont want around my home - electric stove, microwave oven, electric airpot. if someone gives these items to me, I promptly repack them and give them to the next unsuspecting victim. erferferf

• 3 weeks later...

Tips on buying a refrigerator

DONTS

1) DONT buy a ref with more than 1 door

2) DONT buy a ref with auto-defrost

DOS

1) Size your ref for your needs

2) Look for the ref with the highest EER (energy efficiency ratio). the higher the number posted the better. its on those yellow tags that comes with refs and aircons. ask the store for it if the tag is missing

3) Buy SEMI AUTO Defrost types, the one where you have to push a button to start defrosting.

4) If you can, buy one with a built in water dispenser at the outside door. those ref types usually have a higher EER than the same size and brand than those without.

• 2 months later...

people who are eligible for the return of their meter deposits will receive their notification on their october 2008 meralco bills, and another notification on the month they can claim it.

a valid ID is needed for those whose name appears on the meter account. if the signee for the meter deposit is dead, you will need proof that you are the legal owner.

unlike the 2003 refund, YOU MUST GO to the meralco branch to claim the meter deposit. it will NOT be automatically credited to the existing account.

dont get your hopes high though. the average meter deposit (with interest) is around 800 peysos

for residential customers of meralco

a table for computing for your meter refund. simple interest= interest * no. of days then divided by 365 days

so if you have paid a meter deposit of 500 peysos last Sept 1, 1990 and will get your refund on march 1, 2009

here is how to doh it:

No. of days: sept 1, 1990 to sept. 21, 1995 = 1848 days

sept 22, 1995 to nov. 25, 2004 = 3353 days

nov 26, 2004 to march 1, 2009 = 1557 days

interest 1 = 500 * 0.06 * (1848/365) = 151.89

interest 2 = 500 * 0.10 * (3353/365) = 459.32

interest 3 = 500 * 0.06 * (1557/365) = 127.97

refund = 500 + 151.89 + 459.32 + 127.97 = 1,239.18

which you will have to claim on (not before) march 1, 2009

post-20752-1221612850.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone...

JUST A THOUGHT: Hindi ba we are paying even for the job of Maintaining the watershed projects of Napocor and all the Tralala Blablabla that Meralco, ERC, and Napocor are doing... the thing is since the time of Marcos, there has never been an Accounting made to the people if these charges are really being paid to the intended end users... as the paying consumers, we just don't see that... It sounds so false... with the denudation of the water sheds... it just does not seem believable to me that they are not somehow pocketing the money, delivering it to their families and alternative families... and what in heaven's name has these power companies done for the Poorer Regions in the country aside from making their customers poorer than those in the poorer regions of the Country... I wonder?

QUESTION LANG PO: If I am using an average of about 520KwH of Juice every Month does that have any bearing on the Metering Refund that we are supposed to be receving? Does anyone know what support docs are needed, how much they are suppose to pay out, when we are supposed to receive the Metering Refund? By this October perhaps? Nagtatanung Lang Po. Thank you...

QUESTION LANG PO:[/b] If I am using an average of about 520KwH of Juice every Month does that have any bearing on the Metering Refund that we are supposed to be receving? Does anyone know what support docs are needed, how much they are suppose to pay out, when we are supposed to receive the Metering Refund? By this October perhaps? Nagtatanung Lang Po. Thank you...

none if you are thinking about the amount of the refund. the amount will depend on how much you paid for the meter deposit. the 520kWH consumption you mentioned means you will be probably be on the back end of the line for residential customers, who will be first. the line will be - the low consumption residentials (which they say are the marginal members of society) then the big residential users. then the commercial users then the industrial users. residential users will receive an average of around 800 peysos worth of refund. notice will be given on the october bill: when you can collect the money and how much. then another notice will be given on the month you can actually collect the money.

documents needed: the original paper / receipt of the meter deposit and a valid ID. if you dont have the original receipt, the latest bill if the bill is in your name. if not, the one whose name is in the bill must collect it, or the authorized representative.

Greetings everyone...

JUST A THOUGHT: Hindi ba we are paying even for the job of Maintaining the watershed projects of Napocor and all the Tralala Blablabla that Meralco, ERC, and Napocor are doing... the thing is since the time of Marcos, there has never been an Accounting made to the people if these charges are really being paid to the intended end users... as the paying consumers, we just don't see that... It sounds so false... with the denudation of the water sheds... it just does not seem believable to me that they are not somehow pocketing the money, delivering it to their families and alternative families... and what in heaven's name has these power companies done for the Poorer Regions in the country aside from making their customers poorer than those in the poorer regions of the Country... I wonder?

the environmental charge on your bill is supposed to be used by the govt to protect the environment where the power plants are located. this can include watershed reforestation, de-silting of hydro plants, tree planting in geothermal plants.

there is a missionary charge in the bill which goes to these 'poorer' regions where providing them with electricity would have been expensive. expensive since these regions are mostly away from the grid, have low populations, no industrial capacity and low incomes.

• 2 years later...

We bought a new 0.75HP window-type aircon. Since we do not have a ready socket/outlet for aircon, I bought a socket with breaker (2 in 1) rated at 30A and asked the electrician to install. He tapped the new socket with breaker to our ordinary fuse box with 30A fuse and was able to test/run the aircon properly. Unfortunately, he noticed that the wiring installation of the house, although it is #12 stranded wire, he told us that it is sub-standard (not a Phelps Dodge wire). During nighttime, the only heavy load that we have is our 7 cu. Ft. refrigerator (145 watts indicated as "rated input" and 0.8A indicated as "rated current"). Now, he is unsure if the wire can handle the load with both the aircon and refrigerator running. Please help, thanks.

• 8 months later...

With Sir Dominoneedsu's permission, I would like to reply to Sir Biromn.

Sir, that's because Meralco charges three-phase customers differently from single phase (mostly residential) clients.

Those that use single phase meters are charged based on their Kwhr consumption only. But it becomes more complicated for three phase customers. Three phase meters monitor kwhr consumption differently, and Meralco has a more complicated method for computing the total bill.

To put it simply, Meralco does not monitor reactive power for single phase customers. The capacitor bank ESD works to correct the reactive power consumption, which 3-phase customers pay for. Installing one on a sigle phase system here in the Philippines will not have a significant effect on the total bill that's to be paid for.

So why are they advertising it on TV? Please observe that the advertisements came from Taiwan. They probably charge single phase customers in Taiwan for reactive power consumption, so it works for them there. But in the RP, it will not have the same effect.

Hope this helps.

ano ba ang single-phase at 3-phase brad?

brad RT ano ba ang correlation ng power formula sa ohm's law in layman's term? salamat.

Hmmm, dahil may konting kaalaman din naman ako sa kuryente, ibabahagi ko na rin ang aking munting kaalaman. Karamihan ng mga appliances natin ay nagtataglay ng tinatawag na transformer. Hindi ito sina Bumblebee at Optimus Prime ah. Eto yung part ng appliance natin na nagbabago ng voltahe galing sa outlet para hindi magoverheat ang appliances natin. Sa device na yun, inversely proportional ang current sa voltage. Sa madaling salita, pag binabaan mo ang voltage, mag-multiply naman ung current.

V= IR

P= IV = I (IR) = (I^2) R = (v^2) / R

ano ba ang single-phase at 3-phase brad?

Hmmm, to put it simply, usually runs on normal power lines, yung typical na makikita mo sa kalsada, for residential. Mababang voltage lang yung dinadala nung mga kableng yun, around 220v na dumidiretso sa mga bahay. 3-phase is yung tatlong kableng magkakasama na makikita mo sa MALALAKING poste. Usually, nanggagaling sila directly from power generators, at nagdadala ng matataas na value ng voltage. Mejo kumplikado i-explain ung mga phase shifting pero yung point na gustong ipaliwanag ni sir floppy, may dalawang type na power na kinokonsumo ang mga appliance, yung REACTIVE power tsaka RESISTIVE power. Yung binabayaran daw natin ngayon is yung resistive lang, unlike sa taiwan na may additional bayad kasi sagot din nila yung reactive power na nakokonsumo. Di ko lang alam kung true pa rin ngayon kasi nabanggit ng prof namin dati, tayo na rin daw nagbabayad ng reactive power na kinokonsumo natin.

• 9 months later...

Hmmm, to put it simply, usually runs on normal power lines, yung typical na makikita mo sa kalsada, for residential. Mababang voltage lang yung dinadala nung mga kableng yun, around 220v na dumidiretso sa mga bahay. 3-phase is yung tatlong kableng magkakasama na makikita mo sa MALALAKING poste. Usually, nanggagaling sila directly from power generators, at nagdadala ng matataas na value ng voltage. Mejo kumplikado i-explain ung mga phase shifting pero yung point na gustong ipaliwanag ni sir floppy, may dalawang type na power na kinokonsumo ang mga appliance, yung REACTIVE power tsaka RESISTIVE power. Yung binabayaran daw natin ngayon is yung resistive lang, unlike sa taiwan na may additional bayad kasi sagot din nila yung reactive power na nakokonsumo. Di ko lang alam kung true pa rin ngayon kasi nabanggit ng prof namin dati, tayo na rin daw nagbabayad ng reactive power na kinokonsumo natin.

only commercial and industrial customers pay for reactive power, in the form of power factor billing. borderline is 0.80 - anything lower and the customer pays a penalty; anything higher means the customer is given discounts

• 1 year later...

ok its been a long time since i posted in MTC..topics. Billing:

MERALCO or Any electric cooperative.

1) residential: you pay for the actual power consumption (resistive onl),in kw-hour, meaning you consumed 1000watts in hour hour x the rate (see your meralco bill for the bill details>

2) For commercial users: you will pay for the following:

> Actual power consumed.

> Demand and demand penalties (meaning your contract is 1.5MVA and your actual load at a given time was 1.7MVA, then penalties is imposed.

> Power factor: 0.8 power factor is already penalized.

0.85 status quo, meaning no penalty and no bunos.

0.9 t0 0.95 Pf bunos is awarded, following a standard computation procedure usually stipulated in the contract.

Other topics. single phase and 3 phase power.

> For small power and lighting needs. single phase power is supplied. Its composed of two wires + G,

phase to phas3 220V for MERALCO and phase to neutral for COOPs.

> For large loads, specially those involving motors, 3 phase power is utilized. It's composed of 3 wires plus G.

Advantage of 3 phase vs single phase? 3 phase uses a smaller cable, why? check in google :)

sample: load is 1000VA..

calculating for Load current in single phase.

P=VI

I=P/V

= 1000/220=4.5Amps

For 3 phase:

P=square root of 2 x VI

I-P/1.73 x 220= 2.6Amps

3 phase system has a lower load current, so u can use smaller cables, yon nga lang maging 3 sila. :)

depende na un sa econimic study ng project.

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon sir robbie,

nagpadala father ko samin ng induction cooker saka multi cooker galing US, unfortunately, di namin magamit kasi 110v sya at tumingin ako ng transformer kaso sobrang mahal, umaabot ng 5k+.. balak ko eh maglagay ng isang outlet na 110 using grounding system, isa galing sa meralco at isa galing sa ground.. tinesting ko sya using multimeter at nag range sya sa 110 - 115 ata un.. ok kaya gawin ang ganun?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

If you're looking for Custom Generator Set Controllers and or any Bespoke Power Generation Controller, with broad exposure and experienced designers and as a local leader in Automation designs, We present to you our flagship AC/DC Diesel GenSet Cobtroller made  especially for smart telecom..! But can also accommodate multitude of technical specific requirements..!

Selling GenSet Controller Diesel DC Generator Set ECU, Can be Custom Modified for AC GenSets for ₱40,000. Get it on Shopee now! https://shope.ee/9pAs186X3I