Banks - Who Are The Lousiest

The bigger the banks, the slower the service...

Metrobank has terrible customer service. BPI too.

If you're paying bills, Metrobank will tell you they don't accept bills payment except on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Mondays and Fridays and on 15th & 30th, they tell you they won't accept bills payments. You have to show proof that the deadline is on that day for them to accept your payment.

As for BPI, you have to be a depositor before you can pay bills at BPI

• 1 month later...

Went to MetroBank and sat there like an idiot for an hour. The computers were offline.....

Computer restarted and on line and teller started clicking on numbers. I was number 14. The number was 95, 96, 97....

Surprisingly, and to my joy, no one showed up at the counter until my number was called.

When up to counter and he said " Sorry po, offline again"

• 2 weeks later...
Look for a small bank.

sorry i dont agree with this. meron kasi akong napuntahan na bangko small bank talga

parang ang name eh island bank pero nasa gitna ng makati, d ko bangko to napagutusan

lang akong magwithdraw. pag dating ko dun napansin ko AKO LANG ang client so inaassume

ko mabilis lang ako dun kc nga ako lang ang client.

eh nak ng pitong kalbo, inaabot ako ng lampas kalahating oras para tawagin ako ng teller. :grr:

ano kayang pinaggagagawa ng mga tellers dun??? :angry:

Ibank as in ibulok...i have my salary enrolled there but sometimes their ATMs are offline and you have to withdraw thru the teller...but the WTF! May 100 charge!???? just for withdrawing thru the teller????!!!! BS RIght??? :grr:

so i just go to other megalink ATMs and withdraw money there! :thumbsupsmiley: hassla talaga iBank :grr:

• 2 weeks later...
Banco De Oro in Paseo!

Screwed up policy regarding ATM for your savings account. When I opened a savings account with them, it came with an ATM so usually it takes about 2 weeks to process. Unfortunately that time i was busy with work so i forgot to pick up the ATM. After about 3 months i decided to ditch some work to get my ATM. The girl at the counter told me that they had destroyed my ATM because it was pass the date given to pick it up.

Question was why didnt they even bother to tell me! What's the reason for giving out your contact information to them, when they cant even pick up the phone to call you!

It's for an atm cardholder's own protection that unclaimed cards are destroyed. You wouldn't want your card and pin mailers to fall into the wrong hands, would you? If they don't destroy it, an insider or the janitor or messenger might get hold of the card and pin mailers and start withdrawing your hard earned money. They don't bother calling you because they get to charge you for card requests.

Ibank as in ibulok...i have my salary enrolled there but sometimes their ATMs are offline and you have to withdraw thru the teller...but the WTF! May 100 charge!???? just for withdrawing thru the teller????!!!! BS RIght??? :grr:

so i just go to other megalink ATMs and withdraw money there! :thumbsupsmiley: hassla talaga iBank :grr:

Tip lang guys when withdrawing besure the ATM that your using is not affiliated with an international ATM network and that you ATM is also limited to the local networks. If you use and ATM machine that say has Cirrus among the logos and your ATM also has Cirrus in its logo then there's a good chance you will be charged quiete a lot higher than the standard 10 to 20 Php local charges coz they will route the transaction with the international circuit which costs a lot more.

Here's my beef with most banks ... and other similar service establishments for that matter. Ordinarily, the smallest branches of banks (wheter big or small banks) have at least 4 "cages" for their tellers, some 5 or 6. But haven't you noticed that more often than not, only 1 or 2 cages are manned by tellers even during unusually "heavy" transaction days ... that's why many of us have experienced waiting an hour or more to be served. It's absolutely ridiculous ... why construct 4, 5 or 6 cages if you can't man all of them accordingly. This is the worst of all customer/public relations mistakes that any establishment can make. It calls attention to your glaring incapacity, ineptitude or insensitivity to your customers without your asking for it.

Another stupid thing is bulk transactions by gofers. Banks should have special dedicated lanes, counters or desks (properly labelled) for bulk transactions, preferrably in the side or backroom, not frontline so as not to unduly burden those who come for a single transaction. Besides a teller at the frontline handling bulk transactions, although admittedly busy and loaded with work, looks utterly insensitive to other clients who are made to wait very long.

Ohhhh, it makes me want so much to put on a false long white beard and fake death while waiting just to drive home the point. But I wonder if some of these insensitive robots will even get the message.

Para hindi OT: Metrobank Rockwell ... RCBC Greenbelt I was told doesn't even have chairs!

The LOUSIEST BANK is METROBANK!

------------------------------------------

- supperr bagal ang mga tellers... very evident and mukhang tanggap na tanggap na nila ito: 5 rows of waiting chairs and an electronic numbering system (emerald ave branch ortigas) .. grabe talaga! kuha ka na lang ng number ng 10am... be back by 2pm, and ur number will be called by 2:30pm.. sakto sakto lang.. u dont have to waste time waiting.. hehe

- dapat paging system and beeper system ang ibigay nila eh, para u can do other things and be called na lang when ur number is near.

- sobrang magtipid ang bank na ito.. tipid sa teller tipid sa paswedo = inefficiency! ..

Second Headache is BPI Podium!

--------------------------------------

- grabe sa pila!!! hindi na kayang ihandle ng 3 tellers ang depositors.. sad to say, i think mahirap magdagdag ng teller booths kase saliit lang premises... pero grabe nakaka pikon ang pila.

- konswelo lang kapag andun si, SHANE! hehe.. sweet sexy chinita teller.. ;) puputok na ata harapan ng blouse nun sa laki ng... hmmm.. very friendly and helpful pa :)

- the manager looks like an idiot coz of the hair doo.. parang beetles na batang kalye.. hehe.. ang yung isang maingay na baabae sa new accounts section na ipinagsisisigaw ang queries niya sa teller booths 8 meters away from her seat .. ".. may clearing pa ba kayo jan?? .. may thousands ka jan??" ... pati kliyente sa harap niya, pasigaw pa rin kung kausapin.. parang palengkera.. maririnig mo sya talaga sa ingay.. hehe

- may isa pa sa new accounts na parang parating smudged ang lipstick sa buong liips and face.. namumula parati ang mukha.. ewan ko ba kung bat ganun...

ALL these make banking a bit more challenging and sometimes worth the waiting :)

THE BEST Bank is RCBC Malayan Plaza.. walang pila... hehe.. longest kung meron is 6 people in line.. okay na rin..

BDO, di ko pa na try pero sa dami ng branches nila sa ortigas center (4 or 7 yata), very evident of a big clientbase.. so i think super haba pila dito :) may satruday banking ba sila? :)

Peace!

i've had regular dealings with bpi, bdo, metrobank, rcbc and pbcom. my opinions will are based solely on my experiences... among these pbcom is good with service. they return my calls (few banks do this). metrobank is also good. since we know the staff, we leave the number card with our transaction and we come back to pick up the processed transaction papers. bdo and rcbc offer decent service. problem with bdo is there's no number system so when there's many people you play musical chairs and have to keep moving.

the worst is easily bpi!!! it's just that our customer deposits in a bpi acct to pay us or else we'd close it. they are arrogant, slow, condescending, you name it. they have a sense of tisoy/tisay elitism. once deposited a large amount of money (they don't seem to really care about money but your ethnic descent - kailangan tisoy/tisay). i heard they don't like to hire chinese at their head office as well. for trying to confirm a deposit i was put on hold for so long that i walked to the branch instead (5 minutes lang =)) sure enough the phone was just on the table and the officer was typing something. so i walked up and said "it's faster to walk here than call a" so pahiya siya and di na naulit yung slow service. hahaha... another branch medyo tinarayan pa ako ng staff to wait for our statement printed out instead of confirmation by phone. they don't understand that sometimes we need to know immediately. this is why many people (rich or not) do not like dealing with them. mahirap kausap, mayabang pa. but they are normally considered the best and most profitable bank. it's the stability that people are after. there was a bpi branch though that had good service.

• 2 weeks later...

yung bpi!! pwede sumali sa guiness book , sira ang schedule mo pag dito ka nag bank, ang habaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nang pila , ambagal pa !!! metrobank nalang ako san lorenzo village mabilis talaga@@

I have to agree!!! BPI sobrang lousy! bulok even!

Parang utang ng loob mo pa sa kanila na tinatago nila deposit mo...

lahat ng lang ng gagawin may fee na katumbas...

even their OTC withdrawals... they charge P100 ata?! WTF!!!

pera ko naman yan... bkit parang ayaw ibigay sa akin!!! :grr:

seryoso... pagdating sa bank na to di mo basta-basta ma-withdraw money mo... daming kalokohan na policies!

for those using their payroll system... try to check guys!

minsan hindi nagtally ang centavos...

meaning everytime u transact nababawasan ka ng more than what should be debited...

kahit na one centavo lang yan... ilan accts gumagamit nito...

Edited by kLique
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to agree!!! BPI sobrang lousy! bulok even!

Parang utang ng loob mo pa sa kanila na tinatago nila deposit mo...

lahat ng lang ng gagawin may fee na katumbas...

even their OTC withdrawals... they charge P100 ata?! WTF!!!

pera ko naman yan... bkit parang ayaw ibigay sa akin!!! :grr:

seryoso... pagdating sa bank na to di mo basta-basta ma-withdraw money mo... daming kalokohan na policies!

for those using their payroll system... try to check guys!

minsan hindi nagtally ang centavos...

meaning everytime u transact nababawasan ka ng more than what should be debited...

kahit na one centavo lang yan... ilan accts gumagamit nito...

I wholeheartedly agree!!!