For the budget here are my suggestions

Php 4,000

Nomad Devices (can be found from ensogo.com.ph)

Processor: 1.5Ghz

Storage: 4gb

Resolution: 800x480 | 7"

RAM: 512MB

Php 5,000

Cherry Mobile Paladin (Rebranded Ainol)

Processor: 1Ghz

Storage: 8gb

Resolution: 800x480 | 7"

RAM: 512MB

Php 6,000

Cherry Mobile Advance (Rebranded Ainol)

Processor: 1.2 Ghz

Storage: 8gb

Resolution: 1024x600 | 7"

RAM: 1GB

For watching and presentation purposes - i would suggest Cherry Mobile Advance

plus the fact na sagot na rin ng Ainol ang Warranty nito (as per Yugatech)

if you want a little more bigger screen at 10"

you can opt to buy Cherry Mobile Supreme(Php 15,000)

and yes - it is really worth the wait para sa Google Nexus 7 (kulang kulang 10,000)

Yugatech said that malamang mga katapusan ng August ito lalabas pero 16Gb version lang ang lalabas sa pinas

Remember though that Google Nexus 7 doesn't have expandable memory - yun na yun 16Gb the same reason bakit hindi na inilabas sa ibang countries yung 8Gb version since masyado nga namang limited for most users.

there's always something better that is coming out

if you will have this kind of mindset in buying a gadget, you will end up with nothing

No. 1 rule in buying a gadget is not if it has the most sophisticated technology available but if it will cater to your needs, RIGHT NOW!

ask yourself, bakit kailangan ko ng Tablet ngayon?

you don't buy a gadget because it is popular and the "IT" thing to do

naka iPhone 4Gs ka nga, pero prepaid at naka unli txt ka naman, WTF!!!!

We both share same sentiments with people who has Iphone 4Gs....WTF talaga..bwhhahahahha

We both share same sentiments with people who has Iphone 4Gs....WTF talaga..bwhhahahahha

In short, just buy what you really need.

If you want to buy something that has more bells and whistles than you need, a better question to ask is: Can you do something with the special features of this device that would enable you to pay back the cost of the gadget in 2 years? If the answer is 'yes' then go for it, and make yourselves more productive!

When choosing an Android Tablet

first thing that you need to look out for is Firmware Support

Google is releasing major software updates every six months but Hardware manufacturers are always late in implementing updates on their machines

second, you need to ask yourself, what will be the main reason why you will be buying a tablet

if you will be using it primarily for ebook reading, then a 7inch device will do

but for Comics and Magazine reading, it should be at least 9.8", same size of an ipad

the 9.8" is optimized for Magazine reading, try reading FHM on a smaller device and you will be doing a lot of zooming

for watching movies, the size of the tablet will not matter but the screen resolution will

I have a Yuandao N90 with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768

when I watched 720p and 1080p movies on it, it will not give you an option to watch the movies in full screen

for watching movies, screen resolution should be atleast 1280 x 800

for playing games, this where the hadware specifications of a device will matter

on my Yuandao N90 tablet which has a Rockchip RK2918 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, 1GB RAM and a GC800 GPU, it only plays a handful of GAMELOFT games

GAMELOFT games are programed to run efficiently on TEGRA devices and devices with Mali 400GPU

also, there are only a handful of HD games for now that are optimized to run on Android ICS Tablets with a screen size bigger than 7inch

If you are planning on buying an Ipad and the first thing that you do is "Jailbreak" it, you are better off with an Android Tablet

If you are planning on buying an Android Tablet but are you not willing to update the firmware yourself, you are better off with an Ipad

• 2 weeks later...

im looking for a windows tablet para sa work

kaso so far im looking into Gigabyte s1081 c1 (320gig hard disk) , yung s1081 c2 kasi yung solid state pero 64 gig lang (kailangan kasi nandun lahat ng info sa tablet ko at no need for external hard disk

kaya ko napili ito kasi meron a siyang vga output para sa projector and a mini hdmi output which is perfect for me sa presentation. sa ngayon kasi i think hassle ang maglagay ng adaptor ng hdmi to vga...

but my main concern ay yung OS, windows 7. not really meant for tablet pero medyo humahabol na rin. baka hintayin ko yung windows 8 kaso matagal pa yun plus stable na kasi ang windows 7 (all my non generic programs work well with this)

at isa pa, the battery life. hindi pa rin kayang pantayan ang ipad sa battery life.ito parang laptop lang, 4~6 hours i think

mron namang mas magandang windows tablet kaso sobrang mahal at walang vga cable.

the review says that this is a bit heavy, well ok lang naman sa akin kasi mas magaan pa rin di hamak sa laptop ito...

im looking for a windows tablet para sa work

kaso so far im looking into Gigabyte s1081 c1 (320gig hard disk) , yung s1081 c2 kasi yung solid state pero 64 gig lang (kailangan kasi nandun lahat ng info sa tablet ko at no need for external hard disk

kaya ko napili ito kasi meron a siyang vga output para sa projector and a mini hdmi output which is perfect for me sa presentation. sa ngayon kasi i think hassle ang maglagay ng adaptor ng hdmi to vga...

but my main concern ay yung OS, windows 7. not really meant for tablet pero medyo humahabol na rin. baka hintayin ko yung windows 8 kaso matagal pa yun plus stable na kasi ang windows 7 (all my non generic programs work well with this)

at isa pa, the battery life. hindi pa rin kayang pantayan ang ipad sa battery life.ito parang laptop lang, 4~6 hours i think

mron namang mas magandang windows tablet kaso sobrang mahal at walang vga cable.

the review says that this is a bit heavy, well ok lang naman sa akin kasi mas magaan pa rin di hamak sa laptop ito...

Bro sorry but got confused here, are you still looking or you are giving an FR? Sorry but my brain is a bit slow. :lol:

As for other Windows Tablet, you might want to check Samsung Slate or ASUS EEE Slate.

Oh got it. Maybe you might want to wait for the new Microsoft Surface Tablet. When it goes mainstream it might pull the prices down because of the competition on the Windows Tablet arena ;)

searched for it

my concern is the ports available though, i need it to easily connect to existing/locally available/generic projectors. i need it when im conducting presentations,teaching,diagnosis, and customer interview.

• 3 weeks later...

Mga sir, ask ko lang:

Anong ainol ang pinakamagandang investment? Aurora II, Tornado, or Burning?

If you have extra cash, I'll go for the ainol burning ( incidentally I read that the official name now is Ainol Fire). It's processor is faster, has the IPS HD screen, dual cam, metal body, and a lot more!

mga GMs IPAD 3 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0? nalilito ko s dalawa kung ano bilihin ko.. help!!

saan at paano mo gagamitin ang tablet?

IPAD, willing ka bang magbayad at bumili ng apps sa Itunes? or plano mong iJailbreak para libre mga apps?

Android, nde na kailangang i root, download ka lang ng APK's ng mga APPs na gusto mo at install

pareng brutus musta? ask ko lang if possible bang i-reverse o tanggalin yung jailbreak ng ipad. May bigay sakin naka-jailbreak na ipad1 64gb wifi + 3g. e wala naman akong balak magdownload, plan ko lang pang websurf at email.baka kasi pag nag-updae ng O.S. e ma-brick pa ito.

no idea kung pwedeng mag fresh install ng ROM sa iPad

I'm an Android Person kasi

hahahahaha!!!