Your NBA First 5 Of All-time

egoyahoo

pg - oscar robertson

sg- michael jordan

sf - magic johnson

pf - larry bird

c - kareem abdul jabbar

big o is the original mr. triple double... his game has it all, scoring, rebounding, passing... stats will prove that... only playa' averaged a 3*2 in a season

...mj is mj, nuff 'said...

...magic is your all-world, all-time point forward... also, he played the 4 during his last comeback with the lake show...

...larry is larry... underrated rebounder and defender... all everything...

...kareem - all time scoring leader... one of the most dominant ever... most important of all, he can pass the ball...

Point Guard - Magic Johnson

Shooting Guard - Michael Jordan

Small Forward - Larry Bird

Power Forward - Charles Barkley

Center - David Robinson

Bench:

Patrick Ewing

Karl Malone

Scottie Pippen

Chris Mullin

Clyde Drexler

John Stockton

Looks familiar? Shempre yan ang 1992 Olympics US Dream Team. Pucha, wala ng tatalo dito.

1st Team

PG- Magic Johnson

SG- Michael Jordan

C- Shaquille O'Neal

SF- Larry Bird

PF- Tim Duncan

2nd Team

PG - Isiah Thomas

SG - Jerry West

C - Bill Russel

PF - Charles Barkley

SF - Julius Erving

3rd Team

PG- Bob Cousy

SG- Oscar Robertson

C - Wilt Chamberlain

PF - Karl Malone

SF - Elgin Baylor

Honorable mention: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, George Mikan, Bob Pettit, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Mchale, David Robinson, Moses Malone, Hakeem Olajuwon, John Stockton.

Hirap ng all time .... pwede by decades na lang?! :D

1960s

Wilt Chamberlain

Bill Russell

Oscar Robertson

Rick Barry

Jerry West

1970s (24 second shot clock introduced)

Willis Reed

David Thompson

George Gervin

Elvin Hayes

Earl Monroe

1980s (3-pt shot and no harm-no foul rule introduced)

Larry Bird

Magic Johnson

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Isaiah Thomas

Hakeem Olajuwon

1990s

John Stockton

Michael Jordan

David Robinson

Reggie Miller

Karl Malone

2000s

Jason Kidd

Kevin Garnett

Tim Duncan

Kobe Bryant

Shaquille O'Neal

Kung papipiliin kayo .... saang dekada kayo pupusta? ;)

center - kareem abdul jabbar

a proven winner. wilt may have had that 100 point game but kareem has more rings and total points. plus he had that great 'fro going on...

power forward - bill russell

another winner - i'm not even sure how many rings he ahs but they sure are a lot! this dude went head to head with wilt and just made him look bad - and he's only 6'9 and change!

small forward - larry bird

whiteboy's got game and he's just the greatest shooter the game has ever seen. he's ugly as hell, white, but has a basketball iq higher than anyone's. did i mention that he's ugly and white as well?

shooting guard - michael jordan

no explanation necessary.

point guard - magic johnson

this was a tough call between him and oscar robertson. i grew up in the magic era and maybe that tipped the scales. the big o had all those triple doubles and that should make him a shoe in. but damn, magic WAS showtime.

aside from wilt and the big o, i guess you could make a case for the mailman (but the dude choked TWICE in the finals), shaq (he's a monster but lost to frikkin' ben wallace in last year's finals), and maybe jerry west (the damn nba logo for god's sakes!).

what tipped the scales for my first five was because all of them had:

the distinct ability to make their teammates better.

the competitve determination to win.

the understanding of the game which transcended skill.

center - kareem abdul jabbar

a proven winner. wilt may have had that 100 point game but kareem has more rings and total points. plus he had that great 'fro going on...

power forward - bill russell

another winner - i'm not even sure how many rings he ahs but they sure are a lot! this dude went head to head with wilt and just made him look bad - and he's only 6'9 and change!

small forward - larry bird

whiteboy's got game and he's just the greatest shooter the game has ever seen. he's ugly as hell, white, but has a basketball iq higher than anyone's. did i mention that he's ugly and white as well?

shooting guard - michael jordan

no explanation necessary.

point guard - magic johnson

this was a tough call between him and oscar robertson. i grew up in the magic era and maybe that tipped the scales. the big o had all those triple doubles and that should make him a shoe in. but damn, magic WAS showtime.

aside from wilt and the big o, i guess you could make a case for the mailman (but the dude choked TWICE in the finals), shaq (he's a monster but lost to frikkin' ben wallace in last year's finals), and maybe jerry west (the damn nba logo for god's sakes!).

what tipped the scales for my first five was because all of them had:

the distinct ability to make their teammates better.

the competitve determination to win.

the understanding of the game which transcended skill.

Very well said, my man. Amen to that.

point guard - jerry west. he's not the logo of the nba for nothing. but it was a toss up for me between him and john stockton. why john even though he never won a ring? cause he's a point guard and he's regarded as the dirtiest player in the league. thats toughness for you.

shooting guard - michael jordan. if you dont know why nevermind

center - shaq. he may have gotten beat this last conference but hey who hasnt lost? besides they were double teaming him like crazy and he got so little touches of the leather.

small forward - larry bird. a college scout once wrote in his notes that larry 'couldnt run' and he 'couldnt jump'. in his book larry wrote 'i cant run and i cant jump but i can play basketball' how i wish i could play like him. one of the best shooters ever. damn hick. hahahahaha

power forward - kevin mchale, every team needs someone to rough up the oppossing team. sometimes you gotta make them pay for driving down the lane. or maybe tim duncan efficient and not flashy at all. just doing his job all the time:)