What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

Shell unleaded... I consume about 10km/liter... have you read some flyers of Shell regarding their extra mileage gas? Based from their "actual tests"; cars (from a Honda Jazz to a Mitsubishi Lancer) can achieve from 20km/liter to 40km/liter fuel consumption... Damn... I wish I can drive like them... any truth on this? Or just a promo to counter Petron's Extra Unleaded... <_<

guys, try nyo yung SEAOIL UNLEADED.

i tried it once, found that it has much better acceleration than even shell unleaded and ive been using it ever since. mas mura pa.

i think they have better quality control kasi they import their gasoline as refined na. yung big 3 have their own refineries kasi here in the country.

• 2 weeks later...
shell velocity gamit ko so far better acceleration tsaka di pumupugak auto ko

High octane gasolines ( like velocity) are good for aging/old cars. I

If you are saying na di pumupugak ang auto mo sa velocity , does it mean na sa 93+ octane ( silver/extra unleaded) pumupugak sya? Or may kalumaan na auto mo kaya concern ka sa performance ng engine mo sa ibang gasolina?

Regardless of what type of fuel you are using , dapat di yan pupugak. Otherwise may problema talaga engine mo probably because of wear and tear damage or yung edad ng sasakyan.

I usually load up will Shell Unleaded and get on the average about 10km/L  Once a month I load up with Velocity.  The higher octane burns hotter so it's better at cleaning out deposits.  And once in a blue moon when i have access to it, i go 50/50 with Av gas and Blaze to really clean it out. :P

Dobs,

While Avgas does have very very high octane, the thing to watch out for is that to achieve that high octane, the only way possible is to put in loads of lead, you know, that good old additive of our younger years? Avgas has not much lead restriction since the combustion normally takes place at high altitudes, where there are not really that many people nearby.

So be careful handling Avgas with your bare hands, or even breathing it at all. Lead is a cumulative bone poison, once it, it never gets out. If you have really to burn it, burn in a race track and not in Manila's (already) polluted streets...unless we want more streetkids?

Folks,

In general, any fuel from the big 4 (Petron, Caltex, Shell, Total) should be good stuff and should be mixable with other stuff. These guys have been dealing in the business for a long time and they know their sh*t well. The small ones like SeaOil, FlyingV, etc, have no idea what makes good fuel, they just import some sh*t from the cheapest supplier abroad. They dont even have their own laboratories to check on the quality of the fuel they are importing, if you ask the DOE.

Regarding filter blockeage, this is most often a function not of the fuel, but of the gas station. As the underground gas tanks age, they get dirty and messy from all rust and rainwater and whatnot getting in. Some of these tanks have not been cleaned for 10 years or more. Instead of switching fuel, try first switching gas stations. In general the newer the gas station, the cleaner the tanks, the better the fuel.

Regarding the high mileages claimed, eh kaya rin natin yan, pero putsa, magtiyaga ka ba naman magmaneho ang 60 km/h minimum speed limit sa NLEX? Tapos ang kambyaba eh skip 4th? (1st - 2nd - 3rd - 5th agad). Tapos nasa maximum pressure ang gulong lagi? Tapos hinay pa A/C na papawisan bayag mo? It canbe done, but its your choice,

LC