Mini Laptops

^^simple.. YM for linux does not have all the features in YM for windows; specifically the voice and webcam features. also, you can't install your usual windows programs in linux with the same ease.

however, linux OS have the feature of being straightforward. madali lang matuto once you get the hang of it; especially if it is just for browsing and chatting.

as for MIRC, there are addons to firefox to enable you to connect to IRC.

ay, ganun? e webcam ang pinaka-important sakin sa ym...

thanks for the info's!

Full Featured than a Macbook AIR?

you are maybe out of your mind brother

Practical, YES (because of the Price Tag)

but Specs against Specs, Macbook AIR is way up there (pun intended)

uy... musta ka bro...

I agree with wyou... 100%... yup... mas may dating yung mac air... dapat lang kasi ... 1800 US Dollars... Damn...

but for a practical standpoint... ok an sa mga pinoy yung asus --- got mine at 17.5 (kila nora este vilman...nian hehehehe)

over all very good deal :thumbsupsmiley:

just an update.. they are now selling this thing for 20,000 4gig, 8gig Eee's are not available in the Philippines or so they say...

just my two cent's I dont think they are worthit if the price goes up to 20K, 17K is fair enough.. I mean for 19-27K I can get myself a decent NEO or Blue laptop with atleast 80gig of HDD space.... like i said it's just my two cents... i'd go and buy me an Eee if it stayed at it's usual price of 17k :)

just an update.. they are now selling this thing for 20,000 4gig, 8gig Eee's are not available in the Philippines or so they say...

just my two cent's I dont think they are worthit if the price goes up to 20K, 17K is fair enough.. I mean for 19-27K I can get myself a decent NEO or Blue laptop with atleast 80gig of HDD space.... like i said it's just my two cents... i'd go and buy me an Eee if it stayed at it's usual price of 17k :)

bro, mukhang di yata updated ang info mo....8gb Eee laptop is now available here in the phils. for P27k-P28k....and the 4gb is now selling at P17k na lang...

bro, mukhang di yata updated ang info mo....8gb Eee laptop is now available here in the phils. for P27k-P28k....and the 4gb is now selling at P17k na lang...

sorry sir pero i just tried serching pc stores co'z I was about to get one.. the very same day I posted my update... 8gig Eee's were still not available... "unless" you had it ordered... and because of this unit is very popular stocks ran out very quickly so it was harder for shops to get stocks from the suppliers (Stock + Deman = price increase)... eniweiz if it stayed the same price I'd recommend chums to get one but if the price shot up as high as 20k for a 4gig device I suggest you guys get yourself a full size laptop packed with oh so more features......... just my two cents :thumbsupsmiley:

i agree that asus Eee is attractive only if the price stays low enough to make you feel better going the asus way rather than toying with a regular laptop. did some backreading but i could not still figure out if MSOffice 2007 will run on a stock 4GB model. Has anyone tried and tested XP Pro and Office 2007 on 4GB model yet? Looks to me (has not proven it yet) that this combination will be good only on a regular laptop. I hope however that this combination turns out well also on the 4GB asus Eee model. Anyone tried this yet?

quick question. is it sturdy? I don't mean it to be sturdy enough to be tossed around. generally sturdy. I have an Asus A8Jseries and D***, one of the hinges cracked by itself in less than a year. no bumps, didn't even leave my table for the whole time. broke off by itself. another experience is that my brother in law had his cracked case near the lcd monitor. just below the lcd. didn't drop it didn't do nu'tin to it. What sucks more is that its not covered by the warranty. Its not considered as a factory or design defect.

Just wanted to toss out a warning, something is wrong with asus nowadays. don't really trust their stuff anymore.

i agree that asus Eee is attractive only if the price stays low enough to make you feel better going the asus way rather than toying with a regular laptop. did some backreading but i could not still figure out if MSOffice 2007 will run on a stock 4GB model. Has anyone tried and tested XP Pro and Office 2007 on 4GB model yet? Looks to me (has not proven it yet) that this combination will be good only on a regular laptop. I hope however that this combination turns out well also on the 4GB asus Eee model. Anyone tried this yet?

I bought another Eee PC in taiwan for my sister for just around P14,200. I was supposed to get her the version without the webcam (same specs everything they said, except for the webcam) for just P11,500, but my sister ym's a lot so I got her the more expensive one instead. It came bundled with the Chinese Linux software but the store offered to change it to the Enlish Linux version for free. However, I still got the Chinese manual and software (for drivers, etc). But I really don't care since I had XP Pro installed in it when I got back. The Chinese software drivers installs the Chines Linux version but it's interface is English so installing all the necessary drivers is no problem.

I don't really like the new MSOffice 2007 so I had Office 2003 installed on both the Eee PC I purchased together with XP Pro.

I will soon experiment and install Ubuntu on my Eee PC in the next few days.

P18,000 here for the Eee PC is a bit too expensive. I probably can make some money selling Eee PC on eBay here. :thumbsupsmiley: Usually go to Taiwan every month.

Dami second hand laptops for 10-15K with better specs than the Asus Eee Laptop. Bat kaya ganoon? Napakadali para sa yuppie na bumili ng 25K na cellphone pero kung laptop na may masmadami kang magagawa ay magdadalawang isip pa. hehe. Naalala lo tuloy ang Nokia 6630 ko. 25K bili ko noon dati. Syempre para hindi magalit si misis bumili din ako ng Nokia Ngage para sa kanya. Di na namin pinag isipan yung cost, that time. basta bumili na lang kami. Pero ngayon nagbabalak ako bumili ng laptop todo research ko sa internet haha! :-)

sir suggestion lang po, you could try ordering from Dell online you can customize your laptop from memory to screen size.... and it's Dell... if your on a tight budget I'd go for Blue Technologies Laptops same features as leading brands but cheaper price :thumbsupsmiley:

Dami second hand laptops for 10-15K with better specs than the Asus Eee Laptop. Bat kaya ganoon? Napakadali para sa yuppie na bumili ng 25K na cellphone pero kung laptop na may masmadami kang magagawa ay magdadalawang isip pa. hehe. Naalala lo tuloy ang Nokia 6630 ko. 25K bili ko noon dati. Syempre para hindi magalit si misis bumili din ako ng Nokia Ngage para sa kanya. Di na namin pinag isipan yung cost, that time. basta bumili na lang kami. Pero ngayon nagbabalak ako bumili ng laptop todo research ko sa internet haha! :-)

Boss Bizman, sa tingin ko meron din dyan na gusto brand new laptop nila. Also, very small and portable itong Eee PC compared to other second hand laptops. I was in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and saw a lot of girls (schoolgirls) using Eee PC. So mukhang popular din ito sa mga babae.

BizMan says "Dami second hand laptops for 10-15K with better specs than the Asus Eee Laptop..."

I think this laptop may serve a need that others cannot.

In my case, I want it to be my travelling pc. My current laptop with all its bells and whistles just isn't as light as I want it to be, esp. with the advent of much smaller ones like the Asus Eee.

So, can anyone tell me if this could be bought from the duty free stores in the Taiwan Inter'l Airport selling electronic gadgets?

May premium talaga ang small form factor. Daming critics pero ang dami ring sobrang tuwa sa kanya (isa na ko dun). I think Asus got the size just right, i can type on it comfortably although i would love a bigger screen. I see it as an internet appliance that also happens to be a laptop. Sana maglabas ng version for the power user :)

Dapat bigyan ka ng Acer :)

imho. if the price of the 8GB unit is around 24k-28k, then i can get a unit (e.g. Compaq, etc.) with minimum specs (e.g. Celeron with around 60 GB DASD and around 512 of RAM) with the same price, then i would be settling for the latter.

But if the cost is still below 20k for the 8GB unit, then this is a better alternative than getting a second hand unit because of the price, warranty and portability.

Guest lustfortravel
In my case, I want it to be my travelling pc. My current laptop with all its bells and whistles just isn't as light as I want it to be, esp. with the advent of much smaller ones like the Asus Eee.

same case with me. i love my Mac but when i go abroad, i normally handcarry other stuff besides my laptop so i would prefer something light which i can just pack in my overnight case. it's really not my main laptop anyway- just something to use to stay connected with people back home.