angeldust

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

i prefer golds over fitness first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bakit mas maganda golds gym kaysa fitness first pre? m planning to enroll in a gym next month.. :goatee:

#42 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3270 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:55 AM

In terms of equipment, golds wins. In terms of freeebies, FF wins. In terms of customer service, neither. Where are you from? There are many gyms out there that offer good customer service yet are not as well known as these two gyms.

bakit mas maganda golds gym kaysa fitness first pre? m planning to enroll in a gym next month..  :goatee:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#43 Jourdan

Jourdan

nzchick's orc

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

In terms of equipment, golds wins. In terms of freeebies, FF wins. In terms of customer service, neither. Where are you from? There are many gyms out there that offer good customer service yet are not as well known as these two gyms.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agree with the last one 'dre. personally, i'd like those na less well-known.

anyways, i don't think u need complex equipment at all. nothing beats free weights. so i don't really appreciate the eye-candy machines that much. in case of freebies, they're not really free...u have paid for them...in advance!!!

to me, so long as the gym's clean, comfy, and the shower rooms are in tip-top shape, then it's already ok.

#44 antwanshakeel

antwanshakeel

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:36 PM

agree with the last one 'dre. personally, i'd like those na less well-known.

anyways, i don't think u need complex equipment at all. nothing beats free weights. so i don't really appreciate the eye-candy machines that much. in case of freebies, they're not really free...u have paid for them...in advance!!!

to me, so long as  the gym's clean, comfy, and the shower rooms are in tip-top shape, then it's already ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i still go for one with all the bells and whistles

#45 noyers

noyers

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:05 AM

ako, i go to Gold's Galleria.. So far, in my one month of trying it, ive been loving the place.. di nmn sha malaki pro di rin sha crowded.. PLUS I get to watch good looking guys huff and puff around :)

What I really enjoy in going there is the classes.. sobrang saya, tska dun ko nafifeel na sulit ung binayad ko.. kc yeah, its ok to go to the less popular gyms as long as you feel that everything you need is there, kaya lng, wala nmn silang group exercises... I love yogipilates and "Core Attack" (its where you do stuff with the "gym ball" <-sorry dont know what its really called). Plus I get to have a steam bath after my workout.. SARAP!!!

#46 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7259 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Internet, Bowling, Window Shopping, and Nike Apparel.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

That's the problem with some people.

They should keep in mind that they're in the gym to do some hard work and to really sweat.
They're not there to make friends.

STAY FOCUSED!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, some do get to be friends. But that doesn't always happen, but just be courteous and polite in accepting and declining.

#47 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • 7259 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

i prefer golds over fitness first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's right. Fitness First is just too much for ones budget. :)

#48 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • 7259 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In terms of customer service both are Neither to you?

What was your experience anyway?

I for one, don't get trainers and only get my programs bi-monthly.

#49 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

1. I am a trainer as well, but I decided to resign which is another story
2. Most trainers will not assist you unless you ask them to be your personal trainer.

In terms of customer service both are Neither to you?

What was your experience anyway?

I for one, don't get trainers and only get my programs bi-monthly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#50 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • 7259 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

I believe, kanya-kanyang experience lang yan.

I too have tried in other less great Gyms. And just decided to stick with Gold Gym Glorieta.

#51 redax

redax

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

It would depend on the person for sure. Like women would like the group classes and serious bodybuilders would need a wide range of free weights. If you already know a lot about weight training and physical fitness, it would be crazy and a waste of money to get a personal trainer, specially if you know more about the subject than the personal trainer. You definitely will have a problem if you need a spotter and you don't have a partner though, I don't think an instructor would appreciate having to attend to you that much.

#52 Jourdan

Jourdan

nzchick's orc

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

i still go for one with all the bells and whistles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for what??? guys who DO want to workout need not bells and whistles...only wannabees and socially-deprived assholes masquerading as fitness buffs will go after the bling.

i would appreciate someone going to golds bec of equipment or someone going to fitness first bec of its numerous classes. but for the bling?? wow. too lame.

well, then again, to each his own. some people can't seem to find themselves enough without the bling.

#53 Experiment 626

Experiment 626

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:28 AM

Pa singit lang. I'm from FF. I looked around but I preferred FF over Gold's since FF is everywhere (I'm in sales & I go around). :D

100% Group Ex lang ginagawa ko kaya may advantage ata FF there :thumbsupsmiley:

Lastly it was never in my priorities to meet friends / new people in the gym but if the other 'veterans' see you often enough, they'll see how serious you are, & they have a 6th sense that you're not there para mag pa cute & ogle at bodies, sila ang lalapit at kakausap sa iyo eventually. I think this goes for any gym. :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents worrth

#54 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • 7259 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:18 PM

Finally Got a New Program.

#55 dane

dane

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

2. Most trainers will not assist you unless you ask them to be your personal trainer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is so true! In most gyms you see the so-called "trainers" just sitting around at the "trainer's" desk and making pa-cute! Or at the cardio machines where the chicks are and making papansin. But if you check out the area where the free weights are, you won't see any trainer hanging around to assist. :thumbsdownsmiley: If you do see one, its usually when they're with their client. It is very rare that you meet a trainer that's dedicated to his profession and that includes assisting all gym clients kahit sa spot lang.

KEEP ON PUMPIN!!!

:thumbsupsmiley:

#56 pareng_kr

pareng_kr

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS AND LEISURE ACTIVITIES

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:37 PM

NAGA GYM MO BAI? AHIIHIHI

this is pareng_kr...

feel free to add me sa friendster at amigoas dot com po...

its pareng_kr@yahoo.com

para tayoy magka kilanlan...

olrayt ahihihih

nice one.

#57 Gideon

Gideon

Coyote Stark

• (11) Wyld
  • 7259 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:57 PM

This is so true!  In most gyms you see the so-called "trainers"  just sitting around at the "trainer's" desk and making pa-cute!  Or at the cardio machines where the chicks are and making papansin.  But if you check out the area where the free weights are, you won't see any trainer hanging around to assist.  :thumbsdownsmiley:  If you do see one, its usually when they're with their client.  It is very rare that you meet a trainer that's dedicated to his profession and that includes assisting all gym clients kahit sa spot lang.

KEEP ON PUMPIN!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HMmm. Yup this does happen in any Gym. But I do ask questions when one is near.

#58 Olympus

Olympus

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3270 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:19 AM

It would also be better to read up and educate yourself. Gold's does not have the best of trainers IMO

HMmm.  Yup this does happen in any Gym.  But I do ask questions when one is near.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#59 Batabatuta™

Batabatuta™

God of Lust

• UNREGISTERED
  • 10388 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:48 PM

This is so true!  In most gyms you see the so-called "trainers"  just sitting around at the "trainer's" desk and making pa-cute!  Or at the cardio machines where the chicks are and making papansin.  But if you check out the area where the free weights are, you won't see any trainer hanging around to assist.  :thumbsdownsmiley:  If you do see one, its usually when they're with their client.  It is very rare that you meet a trainer that's dedicated to his profession and that includes assisting all gym clients kahit sa spot lang.

KEEP ON PUMPIN!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dati napansin ko yan sa FF Manila pero buti ngayon, management made sure na there is always one free trainer available at all times....

#60 kakaiba

kakaiba

kakaibang nilalang

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

it's been 3 years since i got in a gym.
i kinda retained my physique (medium built)... except for the cuts and the gut part. hehe! :P
i kinda accumulated some fat in my midsection and my obliques.
madali naman para sakin un but that's another story.

how about giving some reckon on the cost for gold's gym?
it's been an eye candy for me for some time now. but i never had the chance to inquire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users