Do You Believe In Destiny?

Without being judgmental, are they predestined at birth to have the mindset of a winner or a loser? How about luck? Is there such thing as luck? Are some people just lucky? And some people are just born na malas? Ginagawa mo ba ang suwerte mo? Or dumadating yan sa iyo? Some people say that you work on your luck. They say we are all presented the same opportunities but some can see it and prepared themselves to recognize the opportunity presented to them. Case in point, two girls with practically the same background, same intelligence, same looks, almost same everything, why does the other gets the guy? WHY? (Advertisement ng Salon de Manila)

Yes some people are born lucky, but that does not mean the rest of us have to be slaves of fate. Fate maybe predetermined, but destiny is a choice. All the luck in the world will do you no good if you are lazy and unmotivated. Losers will always blame their predicament to luck, winners are those who choose to make their own luck.

I really feel insulted when people tell me "maswerte ka lang kasi kaya....." hindi nila kahit kelan maintindihan na sobrang dugo, pawis, at luha din ang pinuhunan ko para makuha yung mga opportunities na dumating sakin. Lahat ng meron ako sa buhay ko pinaghirapan ko ng husto at pinaglalaban ko pa. Kasi kung tatangapin ko lang yung "fate" ko, di ko na sana narating itong kinalalagyan ko. Cuz looking back, there was no sense Id make it this far.

Hard work, determination and free will are the logical answers.

But things still happen no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Or sometimes, things don't happen no matter how hard you work for them.

Is that destiny? I don't know what it is. But it's sure beyond free will.

That is not true, for every action there is a reaction. That is a universal law. Hard work does pay off, you just gotta be willing to see it through the end. If you fail at something, if one door closes, surely another will open. You just gotta keep trying and trying and trying.

Maraming beses na ito nangyari sakin, di matanggap tanggap sa mga trabaho na gusto ko. Pero di ako sumuko sa pangarap ko, hinanap ko lang ng hinanap ibang pinto na magbubukas at di ako nagsettle for consolation. Eventually, meron naman nagbukas, and as it turned out it was a better opportunity pala.

There is always a reward to hard work, kasi even if you do fail ok lang, its an opportunity for you to learn and grow from it. Just dont give up

^^^

Hehehe, ok lang yan parekoy. Kahit naman abang mortal lang tayo. Kahit pa wala tayong mukha ni Tom Cruise, katawang ng cosmo bachelor, o yaman ni Hugh Hefner, hindi naman ibig sabihin nun na born-loser na tayo. Tama ka, ang buhay nga ay parang gulong, kaya habang ikaw yung nasa itaas, make the most out of it. Pag ikaw naman nasa ilalim ng gulong, pilitin mong iikot sarili mong kapalaran para bumalik ka sa taas.

What does this got to do with the topic? Everything! We gotta believe in ourselves. We gotta dig deep enough each day and find the things we can appreciate about ourselves and really develop it so it shines. This is key to having a good destiny. Kung puros swerte lang, eh bakit naman si pareng Michael Jordan? Sino ba magiisip na magiging pinakamagaling na basketball player sya na kikita ng milyones para lang maglaro sa court? Nung binatilyo nga sya hindi naman kita talent nya, nacut pa nga sa HS varsity nila. Tiwala sa sarili dapat.

Para sakin kasi, fate and destiny are two very different things. Fate is talagang wala kang magagawa, minsan ipapanganak ka na mahirap o di maganda genetics mo. But destiny is a decision. If you wanna be somewhere you have to want it, work for it, commit to it, and never ever give up. Papano mo mararating yung gusto mo paroonan kung umpisa pa lang di ka na magtitiwala sa sarili mo?

i do believe...kaya iba iba tayo ng estado sa buhay..bakit ako hindi yumaman kahit anong gawin kong pagsisikap? bakit yung isang tao kahit tamad at mahina ulo eh yumaman? bakit kahit anong gawin ko hindi ako matanggap sa trabaho sa abroad,pero yung kapatid ko napaka daling mag apply ng trabaho sa abroad? kasi nga hindi naman yun ang destiny ko,na maging ofw, samantalang yung utol ko eh sadya yatang pang ofw ang peg.. :)

bakit yung iba gustong mag pari pero naging isang pulis?... ika nga eh,kung ano ang talagang mangyayari sa buhay mo or sarili pag tanda mo eh yun ang dapat na mangyari... hindi ka naman lilitaw sa mundong ito ng wala lang...ng walang dahilan.. :)

i do believe...kaya iba iba tayo ng estado sa buhay..bakit ako hindi yumaman kahit anong gawin kong pagsisikap? bakit yung isang tao kahit tamad at mahina ulo eh yumaman? bakit kahit anong gawin ko hindi ako matanggap sa trabaho sa abroad,pero yung kapatid ko napaka daling mag apply ng trabaho sa abroad? kasi nga hindi naman yun ang destiny ko,na maging ofw, samantalang yung utol ko eh sadya yatang pang ofw ang peg.. :)

bakit yung iba gustong mag pari pero naging isang pulis?... ika nga eh,kung ano ang talagang mangyayari sa buhay mo or sarili pag tanda mo eh yun ang dapat na mangyari... hindi ka naman lilitaw sa mundong ito ng wala lang...ng walang dahilan.. :)

Yes tama ka dyan, may mga opportunities talaga kung san mas aasenso ka, kahit hindi yun yung originally gusto mo. If one opportunity closes on you, keep finding the one that will open just for you. Maybe that is your destiny. But still…. It’s a choice syempre if you will accept it or not. And even if the opportunity/destiny is right in front of you, you still need hard work to make the best out of it. Ang daming tao na sinayang lang lahat ng potential nila dahil tamad o kaya madali mafrustrate. All in all, kung ano ikakaganda o ikakapangit ng buhay mo nasa iyo pa din yan.

As to the question pano kung kahit anong trabaho mo eh di ka pa din umaasenso….. I don’t think this is true. Ang hirap kasi sa ibang tao, kapag di na nakuha yung opportunity na gusto nila, they quit. They think yun na lang ang pwede para sa kanila and they failed na. Di nila alam, may iba pa dyan na pwede at dapat nila yun hanapin. Huwag tumigil sa pagsusumikap, darating ang magagandang opportunity sa mga taong may tamang character.

Yes I do. I think everything happens for a reason, and it's up to you to use those things to your advantage. You will succeed or fail depending on what you did with the opportunities presented to you.

I agree with this. Kaya nga hindi ka dapat kahit kelan magdahilan nahindi ako sinuwerte tulad ni…..” kasi you have the power to change your luck. Tsaka papano darating swerte sayo kung nakatunganga ka lagi. You just gotta keep working working working. Invest in hardwork, and patience. In time darating din ang success.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe that destiny is not some gift that is given to you in a red ribbon. You gotta find it, work hard for it and earn it. We are all good at something, we need to find out what that is and master it. We need to give honest hard hard work if we are to earn it. Sure we encounter failures along the way. Some doors simply wont open for you. But nonetheless, keep working till you find the right one that will open.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You become what you become by the series of connected events and circumstances and how those chemicals in your brain reacted to each of them. At each point, you could have taken only one choice from among the multiple available to you, based on those stuff in your brain.

In other words, no matter what choices you have at each point in your life, you will only make a unique singular choice each time, given the same circumstances surrounding it. Which means, you are destined to live the life that you are living - including the changes you make out of your free will, because even the matter of whether you will or will not use your free will, will be governed by the circumstances surrounding that decision point.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I do. I think everything happens for a reason, and it's up to you to use those things to your advantage. You will succeed or fail depending on what you did with the opportunities presented to you.

At first this was just a joke phrase I often use to annoy or explain things that I can't explain, but after being alive for x years, reading x articles about life, experiencing x events and other x shits, I come to a conclusion that everything indeed happens for a reason.

• 1 month later...